John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you joking around or is this serious. Sometimes sarcasm is lost through typing.
Do a google search on Webasto - although BroncoGuy insists on all US and Mexico made - it seems like Webasto is a very global German company. They make sunroofs and the new panorama roofs.
Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do a google search on Webasto - although BroncoGuy insists on all US and Mexico made - it seems like Webasto is a very global German company. They make sunroofs and the new panorama roofs.

So the guy that said that he would cancel if the roof is made in China - see ya ...

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Shipping the MIC HardTop is a shipping nightmare logistically. Imagine the amount of money FoMoCo would have to spend on shipping 100K MIC Tops. So, I get they will just hold on to our bronco for 2-3 months until the ugly stupid MIC becomes available.
I prefer to wait and get a Black Interior option for the WildTrak too or better yet, for ALL TRIMS! Come one Ford!!!!!

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Webasto is manufacturing roofs in a new plant in Wuhan as of fall of 19/20(this year). The new plant produces 1.5 million roofs per year, with approximately 6.5M roof built in China. They have 11 Chinese manufacturing plants. They are a global company. I'd like to see some information on their US manufacturing and parts sourcing that is directly impacting the Ford vehicles.
If one more person claims the tops are being made in China, I'm going to scream.

Both the hard top and soft top are being made in Plymouth, Michigan. The hard top at the new plant at the corner of Haggerty and Schoolcraft and the soft top at the plant on Keel Street off of 5 mile.
We likely have someone VERY CLOSE to these production issues, who basically gives the address of the plant making the tops for the Bronco.. Then some people pull up crap that a multinational global company has factories all around the world... and then tries to connect the dots...

I tend to believe the guy who gave the USA address.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Arianone

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am ordering a 2 door and plan to put the top in garage. I Live in Arizona. Hey ford i will take my bronco early, just give me a credit for the top and keep it!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hell, Webasto brand even makes the hot water heater in my off road camper.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe you. I also recognize you're quite possibly in a position to know without giving up you're identity or how you know.
Somebody start a poll. @BroncoGuy really is...
Jim Farley?
Mike Levine?
Esteban?

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jim Farley?
Mike Levine?
Esteban?
Or how about this guy I just found on Linkedn?

Mark Denny
President and CEO Webasto Thermo & Comfort North America, Inc.
Fenton, Michigan, United States

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Jim Farley?
Mike Levine?
Esteban?
He's the Mike Levine of Webasto. That means September really means October. In this case, that may mean the first guy is right and parts are made China and assembled in the USA, meaning Both are telling the truth. You just need to be able to read between the lines.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If one more person claims the tops are being made in China, I'm going to scream.

Ford Bronco Freep: Delay due to Bronco removable top supplier issue giphy (17)

I will take a soft top and add hard top in the winter.
Prepare to pay quite the cost in freight
I’m confused. Is webasto making the mod top AND the mic top? Is this article referring to ALL hardtops?

We knew the mod top was delayed but they are now saying the MIC is causing delays too? Again, very confused since they aren’t specifying between mic and mod

I presume what they meant is that webasto makes them both. We knew mod tops were delayed. mic became the universal default hardtop to keep everything on schedule. Now webasto also can’t deliver on mic. And instead of shipping everything out with a soft top (which I guess is impossible given the 2 door) they decided to push everything out.

do I have that right? Because if that’s true then 1. The mic is in jeopardy for the 4 door and we may find out we take delivery with a soft top. And 2. Those that are giddy that a minor delay could put you in a position to get a mod top is false. If it’s the same supplier struggling to make the mic in time, then the mod tops won’t be top priority and will be pushed out too.
Soundsssss about right

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My vote is to ship with a soft top and let the hard tops catch up later or definitely at a reduced price....whatever it takes to get my butt in the seat sooner!!!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
do I have that right? Because if that’s true then 1. The mic is in jeopardy for the 4 door and we may find out we take delivery with a soft top. And 2. Those that are giddy that a minor delay could put you in a position to get a mod top is false. If it’s the same supplier struggling to make the mic in time, then the mod tops won’t be top priority and will be pushed out too.
I just noticed what you did there, :D

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the guy that said that he would cancel if the roof is made in China - see ya ...
So I took 5 wasted minutes and read the articles. I didn't see any Bronco stuff or Ford stuff. Did I miss it? (serious question) I saw a lot of sunroof and panorama roof discussion. What does this have to do with the topic at hand? Broncoguy works for Webasto and tells you locations where the tops are being made. The Ranger is listed, I think, as the most American made vehicle in the US and what Broncoguy is saying matches up with that as the Bronco will be made in the same plant.
Sponsored