Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Seriously, I'm up here in the Peanut Gallery with zero idea of what's really going on. I'm less interested in playing 'pin the blame on the donkey'...and more interested in whether I should accept my Bronco (built 7/15) from the dealer when it arrives soon.

You seem to be close to the situation. Seems to me these MIC untreated, open edges will delaminate once water freezes in them over a year or 2. I live at 4,000 ft elevation in the mountains, so its a legitimate concern. My dealer (largest in the state) has heard zip from Ford, and outright refuses to apply any type of sealer product, should my Bronco arrive with that common defect.

What's your advice. Thanks in advance.
Bro, you are assessing the situation correct! Look, take the truck and deal with the hardtop issues till Ford fixes that mess...the rest of the truck, you won't wipe the smile off your face dude!! seriously, i am not a truck or car guy, like most on here. I usually lease the latest f series. I have not had this much fun since I was 16. NO SHIT!

Then if your hardtop is like mine ( a steaming pile of shit) let your dealership and Ford know they will be replacing it...because, I am betting they will have to. My top has every issue and a couple more. But it keeps the water out for now. I trust Ford will not leave me with this garbage can lid of a top. In Fact, my Waste Management garbage can top is more robust. I trust Ford. I am still shocked we are in this position with the top. I trust Ford, so that's on me.

BTW my edges were "touched up" by someone with RTV to hide the imperfections and it looks so bad. ALso, they touched the top with their RTV covered hands and you won't get those smudges out. I have the snake skin see thru too yes sir....I have rubber seals torn..oh yeah...it's a steamy pile. The rest of the truck bro. WOW.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wanted to add how cool jeepers are being, they are interested in this Bronco. Secretly, as I look closer at the Jeep, the Bronco has just dated it. They have billions to spend to catch this Bronco. I didn't realize that until today.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Seriously, I'm up here in the Peanut Gallery with zero idea of what's really going on. I'm less interested in playing 'pin the blame on the donkey'...and more interested in whether I should accept my Bronco (built 7/15) from the dealer when it arrives soon.

You seem to be close to the situation. Seems to me these MIC untreated, open edges will delaminate once water freezes in them over a year or 2. I live at 4,000 ft elevation in the mountains, so its a legitimate concern. My dealer (largest in the state) has heard zip from Ford, and outright refuses to apply any type of sealer product, should my Bronco arrive with that common defect.

What's your advice. Thanks in advance.
if you don't love it, I will drive to Carolina and let you kick me in my sack!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
if you don't love it, I will drive to Carolina and let you kick me in my sack!
I love the dichotomy....an unabashed Ford man with a "a steaming pile of shit" MIC top.

You've got credibility sir :)

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

so in the ultimate game of point he finger, who is to blame. ford contracted out to a supplier a specification. the supplier says, ok we can do it. so the supplier hires a while bunch of people and says build it. the supplier then delivers to ford and ford assembles vehicles using the part. the part is found to be defective.

ford then goes to the plant and asks WTF? this is not what i ordered... the plant says pick one of the three... quality, fast or cheap... ford says GFY.

so now if is time for a new manufacturer to build the tops. but we are unsure of what kind of tops they will be building?

will the new tops be a new design? will the tops be the old design just executed properly? what was the problem with the initial execution? speed of production? quality of materials? quality of workmanship?

even if a new operator were to take over the existing plant and resume production, do we need to retrain the staff to perform a better job? or recalibrate machinery to add more epoxy in the laminating process? will we have a seam sealing process using an epoxy.

we understand there were flaws in production, lets just identify the problems and find solutions. all the blame gams shit is counter productive and only breeds animosity... nobody wins.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Dude I don’t always agree with you but your one of my favorite members here. Aren’t you a Ford employee 😂
If we all agreed, this place(6G) (Ford) (America) would be boring and not inspire anyone..and Jeep has the market sewn up already on that. 🤣 Thank you kindly sir.

GeoWar64

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to add how cool jeepers are being, they are interested in this Bronco. Secretly, as I look closer at the Jeep, the Bronco has just dated it. They have billions to spend to catch this Bronco. I didn't realize that until today.
And the great news on that topic is that competition makes everyone better. Even if you are a die hard Jeep fan, you are going to benefit from the Bronco. You already got the Rubicon 392 out of the deal and the Xtreme Recon is on the way. Your welcome.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
so in the ultimate game of point he finger, who is to blame. ford contracted out to a supplier a specification. the supplier says, ok we can do it. so the supplier hires a while bunch of people and says build it. the supplier then delivers to ford and ford assembles vehicles using the part. the part is found to be defective.

ford then goes to the plant and asks WTF? this is not what i ordered... the plant says pick one of the three... quality, fast or cheap... ford says GFY.

so now if is time for a new manufacturer to build the tops. but we are unsure of what kind of tops they will be building?

will the new tops be a new design? will the tops be the old design just executed properly? what was the problem with the initial execution? speed of production? quality of materials? quality of workmanship?

even if a new operator were to take over the existing plant and resume production, do we need to retrain the staff to perform a better job? or recalibrate machinery to add more epoxy in the laminating process? will we have a seam sealing process using an epoxy.

we understand there were flaws in production, lets just identify the problems and find solutions. all the blame gams shit is counter productive and only breeds animosity... nobody wins.
yes

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bro, you are assessing the situation correct! Look, take the truck and deal with the hardtop issues till Ford fixes that mess...the rest of the truck, you won't wipe the smile off your face dude!! seriously, i am not a truck or car guy, like most on here. I usually lease the latest f series. I have not had this much fun since I was 16. NO SHIT!

Then if your hardtop is like mine ( a steaming pile of shit) let your dealership and Ford know they will be replacing it...because, I am betting they will have to. My top has every issue and a couple more. But it keeps the water out for now. I trust Ford will not leave me with this garbage can lid of a top. In Fact, my Waste Management garbage can top is more robust. I trust Ford. I am still shocked we are in this position with the top. I trust Ford, so that's on me.

BTW my edges were "touched up" by someone with RTV to hide the imperfections and it looks so bad. ALso, they touched the top with their RTV covered hands and you won't get those smudges out. I have the snake skin see thru too yes sir....I have rubber seals torn..oh yeah...it's a steamy pile. The rest of the truck bro. WOW.
Great post! To be honest, I don’t know whether to cry that a top that bad was released for sale or to be stoked that the rest of the Bronco is that awesome.
I know you say you trust Ford to fix it; did you submit a warranty claim through your dealer documenting the too defects?
Enjoy your Bronco! I’m sorry the top is jacked up.

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Great post! To be honest, I don’t know whether to cry that a top that bad was released for sale or to be stoked that the rest of the Bronco is that awesome.
I know you say you trust Ford to fix it; did you submit a warranty claim through your dealer documenting the too defects?
Enjoy your Bronco! I’m sorry the top is jacked up.
I have sent my displeasure to whom I believe will eventually have the answer to correct it for all of us whom have this issue. I documented it at the dealership , I sent pics to my representative. He could not believe just how bad it was. and...Thank you!

This is just my opinion, but sending us the MOD top or giving us major points towards one when they arrive and first dibbs would go a long long way with me...

The MIC top is im told $3500 to produce...$4500 retail, this is just what I am told.
(grain of salt take it)

so, if they provided me a shit top for a year or so and it kept the cab dry (ok), then sent me some fordpass points for purchase a top of my choice, I would just add like $1500 and get a MOD top then, like I wanted. Issue resolved and what issue? please send me my Heritage and pickup Bronco next.
or just make me a new MIC ..that is not put together by silly putty and grifters.

Last edited:

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I love the dichotomy....an unabashed Ford man with a "a steaming pile of shit" MIC top.

You've got credibility sir :)
Carolina, This is the Ford culture. Without the cussing of course..we call a duck, well, a duck!