Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I'm starting to think they are goong tonjust wait for the MOD tops to be made with that other (new) contractor.

But they should be, at a min, still making MIC tops at Webasto, but forcing them to produce quality regardless of Speed.

Meanwhile,ale soft top available as an option for ALL Broncos (2 door, WT, maybe even FE) and lets get this shit done.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My theory: All MIC hard top production has stopped.
My theory FE get done thats it for hard tops going forward for MY21. Maybe MIC tops get resolved and available in MY22 or only soft tops till MY23. I would rather here THIS communication from Ford at this point to know what direction to go other then just take their advice and switch to a soft top without better communication then get another top from the clowns that trashes the paint on the roll bar.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My theory FE get done thats it for hard tops going forward for MY21. Maybe MIC tops get resolved and available in MY22 or only soft tops till MY23. I would rather here THIS communication from Ford at this point to know what direction to go other then just take their advice and switch to a soft top without better communication then get another top from the clowns that trashes the paint on the roll bar.
I tend to agree. They're going to probably produce as highest quality MIC as they can for the FE to get them out.

But Ford's not going to tell us this, because they'd have a large Exodus of people if they found out they're going be forced to wait till late 2022 or even 2023.

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
MIC production has a 50% scrap rate.
mine didn't make the cut..lol I am not shocked by that. Honestly. I am not in a position to dispute it but, I am not shocked.

I was shocked we let them thru. That is never allowed. Ever. However, I see the logic in it now.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MIC production has a 50% scrap rate.
How could any company stay in business with 50% of their product being wasted?

The only way would be to double the price. If this were true, I could see them shutting down until the % got better. You can't exist that way, especially with supply shortages.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

FWIW, my son interviewed with CSP today at the plant where they do Corvette and Raptor parts and they mentioned they were going to do Bronco tops.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

The only way would be to double the price. If this were true, I could see them shutting down until the % got better. You can't exist that way, especially with supply shortages.
Webasto is a big company. Bronco tops are a very small part of their business. Of course, they need to stop the bleeding at some point, but with Ford giving them the tooling for V2, they'll be fine.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford will probably not make a soft top for the 2DR. It is a safety issue where I think someone said they can only sell so many soft tops and I am sure those are wrapped up in the 4DRs.
That makes no sense. Ford is driving around soft top two doors already and features them in the Offroadeo. Jeep comes standard with a soft top. This ain’t about safety, Joe.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Easy, charge 4x the production price.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Easy, charge 4x the production price.
Exactly, and that's what I'm worried about. But supposedly I have price protection, but I have 0% confidence that Ford is going to maintain that and that instead they're going to find some way to force people into a loophole and charge more.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, it's been a while, but do any of you insiders have any insight on the status of this new supplier?
Sponsored