Sponsored

Can a dealer "redo" sales contract AFTER you sign?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update #1 here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...es-contract-after-you-sign.80480/post-2036561

Original post:
Just bought a new Bronco, and dealer applied a Ford cash rebate to the sales contract. After signing, we're being told that rebate was meant to apply only if we opted for an extended warranty (which we didn't). Now they say they might have to "redo" the contract if Ford rejects it, even though we've had the car home for a few days, down-payment check cleared, and the bank we're financing with sent us our account number with the balance info from the signed contract!?

Something doesn't seem right here, can they actually make us pay the rebate back if it truly gets rejected?? I never buy new cars, so this is foreign territory to me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suppose they can "redo" the contract if they like...doesn't mean you have to sign it.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just bought a new Bronco, and dealer applied a Ford cash rebate to the sales contract. After signing, we're being told that rebate was meant to apply only if we opted for an extended warranty (which we didn't). Now they say they might have to "redo" the contract if Ford rejects it, even though we've had the car home for a few days, down-payment check cleared, and the bank we're financing with sent us our account number with the balance info from the signed contract!?

Something doesn't seem right here, can they actually make us pay the rebate back if it truly gets rejected?? I never buy new cars, so this is foreign territory to me.
If you can expand your story a bit ... What rebate? Price Protection and the private offer are not tied to any other purchase so there's nothing for Ford to deny.

You might want to reach out to your Attorney General if the dealer keeps wanting to push it because yes, what they're trying is illegal.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Maybe they are just trying to strong arm you into an extended warranty after the fact.

By the way, I just got a letter marked "important - open immediately", stating that I bought a Bronco, and some extended vehicle service plan is set to soon go up in price, if I don't buy the plan now. Some company called Endurance, I assume my info was sold to them, and they are wanting to sell me a 3rd party warranty.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

INAAL

No How, No Way unless both parties agree to re-negotiate

Ford ESP is a seperate and unrelated purchase and you can use your points to buy the ESP, no need for cash or financing

Just trying to rip you off for more money if they didn’t get to squeeze an ADM out of you.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Request the program number for the rebate that was applied. It can then be looked up to see if it was indeed a warranty only rebate (which I never heard of) or part of another eligible program.

Also, it seems if the rebate wasn't eligible for your purchase then the dealer wouldn't have been able to apply and process it at the time of purchase. How many stories have we heard here where the dealer went to apply a members model year transition rebate to an HE and the system wouldn't process it because the "HE was ineligible."

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

as someone who is not a lawyer and not qualified to give legal advice...

you have a signed contract. you are under no obligation to renegotiate your deal. You are required to execute the terms of the contract you have. as long as you negotiated in good faith, and you didn't sign something before the final sales contract that it might get rejected, then they'd have to lawyer up to force you to come in and change the contract...

but again I'm not a lawyer and I'm not qualified to give legal advice

Last edited:

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think that we need to start another drinking game....

My Dealer pulled these shenanigans! <shot>

Given what I've heard on here from MANY others, this would not shock me.
From the random ADM to not selling because they wouldn't finance. They really need to eliminate dealers and just let them deliver the purchase directly from the manufacturer and service afterward. I'm sure that they'd still try to pull the odd stunt against the uninformed purchaser (delivery surcharge anyone?).

Sponsored

GLOCK10MM

Raptor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2015 & 2004 2500 CUMMINGS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think that we need to start another drinking game....

My Dealer pulled these shenanigans! <shot>

Given what I've heard on here from MANY others, this would not shock me.
From the random ADM to not selling because they wouldn't finance. They really need to eliminate dealers and just let them deliver the purchase directly from the manufacturer and service afterward. I'm sure that they'd still try to pull the odd stunt against the uninformed purchaser (delivery surcharge anyone?).
I'm not sure my liver would like me playing this game ❣ :ROFLMAO:

CJSimmons

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If the lender already sent you a bill and account number then its funded and was not rejected. At least im pretty sure thats how it goes. I just sell the cars, not the money.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They were not supposed to apply a rebate and did. Now trying get you to pay it back somehow. They can re write contracts after sale for finance reasons from what I’ve read.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not an attorney here either, just really loved business law in college. There is no more contract as all conditions have been fulfilled, as you have the truck and dealer has been funded fully by the loan company. The only recourse would be a lawsuit due to fraudulent conditions caused by one side of the contract to recover any provable injuries to either party.
Sponsored