Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

He's the Mike Levine of Webasto. That means September really means October. In this case, that may mean the first guy is right and parts are made China and assembled in the USA, meaning Both are telling the truth. You just need to be able to read between the lines.
He's the Mike Levine of Webasto. That means September really means October. In this case, that may mean the first guy is right and parts are made China and assembled in the USA, meaning Both are telling the truth. You just need to be able to read between the lines.
I think it will be more fun if you let me think it's Farley or Esteban.?
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My vote is to ship with a soft top and let the hard tops catch up later or definitely at a reduced price....whatever it takes to get my butt in the seat sooner!!!
On 2nd thought, fine ill take this. But the hard tops would rly need to be a noticeably reduced price. And the discount is only for MY21 folks, as I'm sure this will all be sorted by MY22

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except for the guy saying that webasto also makes a component of the soft top.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Theyre not going to freight modular tops out to customers for free. Modular top for 4dr talking 3-3500 if purchased at parts counter. I figure I have a better chance receiving a 4dr mod top on my 2nd reservation bronco MY22 at the time of build than I do with my first reservation week 1 and placing an order through the parts counter.

dmpplantz

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the hard tops aren't currently being built due to factory shutdowns anyhow, then change the production order to include white hard tops. And get rid of all the grey, and make those black. Y'all did the big reveal when black tops and white tops, BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WANT! why then are you selling only grey!? Now your supplier failed to perform, so guess what, you can breech, and go contract with the producers of blacks and whites instead. The fates just solved your f up for you. Rejoice! And actually take advantage of an opportunity to do right by your customers for once

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I took 5 wasted minutes and read the articles. I didn't see any Bronco stuff or Ford stuff. Did I miss it? (serious question) I saw a lot of sunroof and panorama roof discussion. What does this have to do with the topic at hand? Broncoguy works for Webasto and tells you locations where the tops are being made. The Ranger is listed, I think, as the most American made vehicle in the US and what Broncoguy is saying matches up with that as the Bronco will be made in the same plant.
I read all of the articles and made the same observation. There's an article about the new plant in Plymouth Michigan that states that plant is to fulfill contracts with Ford.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If the hard tops aren't currently being built due to factory shutdowns anyhow, then change the production order to include white hard tops. And get rid of all the grey, and make those black. Y'all did the big reveal when black tops and white tops, BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WANT! why then are you selling only grey!? Now your supplier failed to perform, so guess what, you can breech, and go contract with the producers of blacks and whites instead. The fates just solved your f up for you. Rejoice! And actually take advantage of an opportunity to do right by your customers for once
I would imagine that picking up your tooling and setting up a different supplier would take a lot more time than sticking with Webasto. Its not like there are vacant factories with hundreds of skilled workers are on every corner. Ford has invested a lot of time and money... We are on the cusp of the vaccines being available. Hopefully things are back to normal next summer.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would imagine that picking up your tooling and setting up a different supplier would take a lot more time than sticking with Webasto. Its not like there are vacant factories with hundreds of skilled workers are on every corner. Ford has invested a lot of time and money... We are on the cusp of the vaccines being available. Hopefully things are back to normal next summer.
The thing that makes me wonder is there was already an issue with tops. Now, there's a secondary issue to make things worse. How close are they to resolving the first issue? If they are shut down, will this just drag on or will they take measures to make the plants safe to get back to work?

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I took 5 wasted minutes and read the articles. I didn't see any Bronco stuff or Ford stuff. Did I miss it? (serious question) I saw a lot of sunroof and panorama roof discussion. What does this have to do with the topic at hand? Broncoguy works for Webasto and tells you locations where the tops are being made. The Ranger is listed, I think, as the most American made vehicle in the US and what Broncoguy is saying matches up with that as the Bronco will be made in the same plant.
I have zero doubt the Bronco tops are made in the US. I was replying to the guy that questioned if Webasto really opened a factory in Wuhan. They did.

Weird coincidence.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want to hear someone Internet scream. Probably like the sound of one hand clapping.

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven’t worked at a (Ford) dealership in a long time, but I do still work in an Industrial sales role and this is precisely why major manufacturers who outsource parts (ie motors, starters, valves) normally have multiple suppliers preapproved within their supply chain. Company X can’t build your widgets on time; f*ck em. Call up Company Y and Z and get em moving. This is ultimately a Ford product, the sub supplier has no rights or patents to the piece they bid on producing.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read all of the articles and made the same observation. There's an article about the new plant in Plymouth Michigan that states that plant is to fulfill contracts with Ford.
Can one of you guys fly a drone over the Plymouth Michigan plant and see what’s going on there? I long for the days of a few poor quality spy shots we would discuss for weeks.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why blame the tops? The real reason for the delay is the addition of the black interior option for FE buyers.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why blame the tops? The real reason for the delay is the addition of the black interior option for FE buyers.
Well in that case, I'm perfectly fine with the delay. LOL

Ford Bronco Freep: Delay due to Bronco removable top supplier issue tenor (1)

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The thing that makes me wonder is there was already an issue with tops. Now, there's a secondary issue to make things worse. How close are they to resolving the first issue? If they are shut down, will this just drag on or will they take measures to make the plants safe to get back to work?
At least three different possibilities; do we know which is the culprit?
  • Component shortages, caused by the virus
  • Process wrinkles, possibly exacerbated by the virus
  • Design specifications that are not yielding desired results, such as sagging/leaks, etc
If its door #3, the solution likely is not imminent, as I'd guess a fair amount of post-production testing would be required after manufacture.
Sponsored