Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Other than rock rails, the other armor such as steel bumpers and upgraded bash are optional though right?
If the original ford documents at the release are correct, for the Base, BB and OB a heavy duty "front bash plate" is available. The BD, BL, and FE have standard heavy duty "bash plates" (plural) that protect more than just the front of the undercarriage.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Having two shades of black is almost standard fare now days with one usually being a flatter tone and the other being metallic or something similar. And if you do not like those you can opt for one of the remaining colors which are varying shades of silver, gray, blah, blah, blah. So much for a real color palette. That said, the AMB although frequently dark and occasionally almost black, it is so much more than that overall. In the Southern California sun it will be a fine choice, albeit not for everyone. And as you pointed out it is a non-starter in the PNW. Hit with a direct splash of sunshine, it seems like blue on steroids. I need to see it in person but the sum total of the shots seen thus far on this site indicate that it a unique color that more than transcends black or even dark.
Was unaware that Ford was a Germanic brand these days. Thankfully I already own metric tools and will appreciate their famous electrical redundancies!

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

2dr squatch....

Ford Bronco 2 door Shadow Black Outer Banks Sasquatch Bronco Pics tenor

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just as importantly, is anybody concerned that as the vehicle doesn't even fit on a standard width car hauler that this setup is going to be too wide for tight trails, especially those worn in by Jeeps, and through the trees?

Jeep is 73.8, BL is 76.3, it's nothing....it's the squatch lift and tires giving that perception.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Talked with the transport driver he said johnny couldnt figure how to drive a stick he sat there googling how to drive a manual car but had no service only thing he could do was stop a passing lr defender to call his buddy with the gladiator to bring the trailer.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man what a beautiful rig. OBX has never been on my radar but this build just looks right. From
what I’ve seen I may be in the minority here, but I’m also really digging the warm alloy Sas wheels compared to the black ones ??‍♂
The charcoal plastic fenders just don't do it for me, I have to go OBX too.
Not a popular take I know, but those tires just look out of proportion. The wheels do look good though.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A few observations
  • You'll need to keep AMB clean and Purdy to keep the color's magical properties showing through
  • Didn't realize how little storage 2dr has in the back until now. Probably didnt notice because I wasnt interested in 2dr
  • As a 2dr with no roof, it truly looks like a human sized Tonka truck. Really cute and lots of fun
  • While the vehicle gives a general sense on the exterior that its large, due to the tires and beefcake appearance, i think the interior cabin will feel a lot smaller than I realize. Not a bad thing. Just an observation

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A few observations
  • You'll need to keep AMB clean and Purdy to keep the color's magical properties showing through
  • Didn't realize how little storage 2dr has in the back until now. Probably didnt notice because I wasnt interested in 2dr
  • As a 2dr with no roof, it truly looks like a human sized Tonka truck. Really cute and lots of fun
  • While the vehicle gives a general sense on the exterior that its large, due to the tires and beefcake appearance, i think the interior cabin will feel a lot smaller than I realize. Not a bad thing. Just an observation

Yes, AMB would be wasted on me as I rarely wash my vehicle and it would just look black anyway. Lot's of us plan to remove those rear seats and make the 2dr a 2 seater. Not much room otherwise.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Courtesy of johnnys_garage_ca on insta

Why we like it so much: It's what we drew on the white piece of paper when we were in kindergarten...rectangular body, round wheel wells, monster tires. We knew what we wanted when we were 5 years old. Now here it is!

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for sharing pics. At reservation time I was thinking AMB, but I left for VB a few moths ago. In these pics I see a deep, deep purple color... glad I’m out. I despise purple.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why we like it so much: It's what we drew on the white piece of paper when we were in kindergarten...rectangular body, round wheel wells, monster tires. We knew what we wanted when we were 5 years old. Now here it is!
Ford Bronco 2 door Shadow Black Outer Banks Sasquatch Bronco Pics stompers

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This might be the best looking 2dr I've seen yet. Pretty badass

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was unaware that Ford was a Germanic brand these days. Thankfully I already own metric tools and will appreciate their famous electrical redundancies!
Unfortunately that almost seems to be the case. When I was looking at a build site for the CTS-V some years ago the "choices" were stifling in that it was not how many colors they had it but how many choices of black, silver, gray or white-UGH! When I went on some auto dealer sites to find antimatter blue to look at the other day, I had to get through a bizzilion grays, blacks, silvers, etc., and these were F-250s, not foreign cars. What will be most telling about Ford's commitment to the Bronco customer is whether and how the Bronco's color spectrum expands from this point forward. Although too late for this round, if I were a betting man, I would go all in that in a year or two a white over boxwood green (or close facsimile) will be offered. And hopefully several other choices as well.
Sponsored