Sponsored

POLL: what powertrain are you choosing at order time?

What powertrain are you choosing at order time?

• Total voters

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Would it be silly to get a Badlands with Lux interior package and a 4 cylinder manual transmission?
it would be very silly unless you never ever intend to sell it

the next person won’t want to pay for the luxe when they see the stick shift

the luxe purchaser is absolutely going to want the 2.7-10spd auto
Sponsored

Stevegp

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 mustang gt. F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2.7 auto because a 2.3 4 cylinder pushing close to a 5000lb 4x4 just doesn’t sit well with me. Ford cannot match the 2.7 with manual 4x4 and it makes no financial sense for them to do so.
I would jump at the chance of a manual in a larger motor , my 4.6 gt is a beast , but this is the way manufacturers are heading.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My build is 2.7 liter, 10 speed automatic. Likely a Badlands, which gives me free upgrade to the 4.7 gear ratio

I absolutely want the bigger engine with more torque and HP. While I don’t drive fast, I do need some real giddy-up where I live. There are entrance ramps where you must go from full stop to 55 mph very quickly and the traffic is dense as hell

which brings me to the automatic part. See this picture? That’a the urban hellscape that I call home. You’d have to be a glutton for punishment to drive a stick in that kind of traffic

there is always, ALWAYS someone right up your ass. Ain’t no time to fool around with the clutch. I need it in gear pronto.

Ford Bronco POLL:  what powertrain are you choosing at order time? 5758B2C9-28D1-4D08-9D2C-A99FCB540B48

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2.7 w/auto, why?, bad knees with bad hip do not go well with a clutch pedal besides been there done that with a manual. I left foot break and find it to be alot better at control in tight spots.
If I was getting 2 door Moab rig it would be manuel. But I'm getting a 4 door that we can use as a family and the automatic makes more sence. The 3.2 in the Ranger is Awsome. But the 2.7 is well proven in the F 150 and I want it and all the trail goodies that come with it. I don't plan on reselling my Bronco, But it would undoubtedly be better. The poll results proved that I was on the right side in my thinking.

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would it be silly to get a Badlands with Lux interior package and a 4 cylinder manual transmission?
I don’t it’s silly at all! That’s exactly what I’m getting. Nothing wrong with some tech, safety, and creature comforts with a MT!

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.3 manual.
Because I miss stick. In my current vehicle, my left foot still involuntarily steps on a clutch pedal that isn't there and my right hand reaches for the stick.

And the hubby (even though I will be trying to keep him away from my Bronco) tends to "eat" the automatic transmissions in my cars the few times I've had one.?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im getting the 6.8 Lillazilla with the HD 7 speed.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual transmission as I have not been reduced to a vacant eyed, mouth breather sitting in the left lane with the cruise set at the limit. Not yet anyway (and my knees still mostly work, so I can physically operate it) Fun truck needs a fun transmission. To those that feel the need to rationalize the automatic, seriously... think about it. You are having to rationalize getting the automatic. (if your eyes roll back in your head and you drool over the thought of an autobox while shaking with pleasure, I urge you to seek professional help as it is beyond what the forum can help you with.)

This from the guy whos entire post was attempting to rationalize getting a manual ,LOL

I'm getting the 2.7 . There's no replacement for displacement and I have other things to do with my right hand . '"if your eyes roll back in your head and you drool over the thought of an autobox while shaking with pleasure,"

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love the tune! My only regret was waiting a year to get it. ?
Mine is from Livernois and you will receive their MyCal tuner box. You upload your stock tune to them and they will send you every tune they have for your vehicle, my Ranger has 5. You use the ODB port to instal them and it only takes about 2-3 minutes to flash between tunes. When I bring it in to the dealer I just flash it back to stock but they can still tell you tuned it. I also flash it back to stock while off roading so it's not so aggressive.

The 91-93 performance tune is an additional 80 hp/100 torque. IF you drive it normal mine gets 2-3 mpg better than before tuning. Livernois developed the Ford tune it's just a little more aggressive. Another bonus is if you sell your vehicle you keep your MyCal tuner box and they will tune your next one for free. You only pay to ship it back. So basically free tunes for life for $500.

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com
sweet!!! yea I've been checking them out and their tuners are on sale now. thanks

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sweet!!! yea I've been checking them out and their tuners are on sale now. thanks
Anytime. They've been on sale most of this year since COVID hit so I don't see them changing anytime soon. One other benefit is you can use your MyCal for data display. You can choose through the menu what you want displayed. Just buy the suction cup mount when you order ($20) because they charge you $30 shipping if you don't. Ask me how I know. ?

Ford Bronco POLL:  what powertrain are you choosing at order time? IMG_2774

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
V6 all day.

If we look at my vehicle history, including 0-60 times....
1996 Dodge Ram B2500 Van, 5.2L V8, 11 seconds
2008 Mercury Milan, 2.3L I4, 10 seconds
2010 Mercury Milan, 2.5L I4, 9.5 seconds

I got really sick of driving cars that needed a running start to pass anyone. As such, my current vehicle:
2016 Ford Flex, 3.5L EcoBoost V6, 6.0 seconds (...? Never timed it after getting a tuner)

My wife is currently driving the 2010 Milan and complains about how slow it is. For $1,900 we'll get the fast engine.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The extra hp and torque is a cheap extra. Gas mileage is of no concern

Pie Grande

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (eventually)
Your Bronco Model
Base
After answering please explain why. If undecided please let us know what you are debating between and why.

Thanks for playing!
wow, i didnt know so many people wanted the 2.7, might have to follow the herd and get the twin turbo aswell!

OP
OP
centra28

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wow, i didnt know so many people wanted the 2.7, might have to follow the herd and get the twin turbo aswell!
This poll is very telling, and about what I expected to see. The good majority of the Broncos on the road are going to zooming around in 6 cylinder ATs.
Sponsored