Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s crazy! You’re an anomaly (at least to my experience) most cops don’t care because they have actual police work to tend to.
Who knows. He earned his pay that day I guess. :ROFLMAO:

It's actually the only ticket I had ever had until this summer.
Sponsored

Cabronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Bronco spotted with possible front license plate placement (pics) B72EEF83-AF0A-44CB-ACCC-F78F8BA175E4

I’ll put it in any of these places even if it means ruining the aftermarket fog lights I wanted to add. Or in the middle, even if I have to remove the license plate anytime I go off-roading so the skid plate is clear. I’m sorry but that placement is ridiculous.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks like absolute dogshit.

I'd be getting tickets all the time if that was required in my state.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Horrid... Would drill into the bumper to mount it lower as opposed to destroying he front end look... Would demand dealer does NOT install this and that way would need a front license plate in NV.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could really give a rat's ass. I will have an aftermarket front bumper as soon as available....

Sponsored

awall987

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJ, '23 2dr BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

About 7-8yrs ago I put a new bumper on my FJ and ditched the front plate. A couple days later I get pulled over right down the street from my house. The cop does the old "Do you know why I pulled you over?" routine. I was about to say the front plate then bit my tongue and said "I have no idea". Good thing, he never brought up the plate and gave me a warning about not coming to a compete stop before turning right at a stop sign. Haven't been pulled over since, so yeah I have no problem ditching the plate.

As others said, don't put it in your windshield, that just screams I should have a plate up front but I don't.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If that's where Ford is putting the front plate, I'll be fixing that ASAP. This further shows how useless a front plate is and all the states (including my state) should get rid of it. I wonder if the standard bumper has the same plate placement.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is a regional thing. In some areas, they ignore it unless they need an excuse to pull you over. In other areas, they will pull over sport cars missing the front plate, but wouldn't notice if a plate was missing on a truck. In other areas, they will ticket every vehicle missing the front plate without exception. You are more likely to have a problem in areas with yearly expiration stickers on the plate, since police will notice a missing plate when they are checking tag color.

Concerning the photo, it isn't the final location. Ford probably hasn't even made a real bracket yet. They usually put it in the middle of the bumper, even when it partially blocks the intercooler vent.
Colorado is a yearly registration but it’s on the rear so I don’t think anyone looks at the front really. I could see your explanation though.

Pocobronco87

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 2001
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I moving and putting it in directly beneath the winch and between the two intercooler holes where it should be from factory

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are far too many comments in this thread discussing the legalities of having a front plate, of where it should go, and on cactus gray, and not enough comments on just how God awful that location is. I almost threw up a little in my mouth when I saw that picture. Even for a pre-production/non-finalized vehicle... someone signed off on that as a temporary front plate location. ...Yup, I'm gonna puke

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
This close-up of an OB, from another thread, clearly shows where the plastic is dimpled for drilling......

Ford Bronco Bronco spotted with possible front license plate placement (pics) 1607999693453

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Both my cars had the front license plate removed. Somehow the Mercury got pulled over twice for not having a plate despite it being barely driven, while I put 50,000 miles in the Flex, illegally tinted, no issues.

If that's where the plate is going, it's not going on.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mount it on the front bash plate. Yeah, it points down a bit. But not much more than the plate on a 600 superbike points up.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This close-up of an OB, from another thread, clearly shows where the plastic is dimpled for drilling......

Ford Bronco Bronco spotted with possible front license plate placement (pics) 1607999693453
I need glasses for my glasses for that.
Sponsored