Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is my avatar illegal then? I at least edited their logo out of it. And added a custom stripe. Maybe I'll flip it 180.

Imagine being that petty about some photos? Of a vehicle you're trying to promote and sell? It makes no sense.

LOL its funny because we spread photos with their water stamp. It's like free advertising
Sponsored

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So I am confused. If they post something to youtube, we can't link to it here? I'm pretty sure that's not how things work on the internet. Or can we just not link to Bronco Nation, if that's the case bye bye to their site traffic. They are going to really shoot themselves in the foot with this one. They must be struggling over there - might be a lot less flannel in the coming months if their digital subscriptions don't take off LOL.
I would think there would be no legal standing for sharing a link that directs to their site, I'm thinking more photos and docs that are saved and reposted here so they can be seen WITHOUT redirecting to BN. But the MAN says no links........

(maybe he's just trying to cut their traffic because they are being petty!)

at any rate a simple "guys BN posted XXXXXX, if you google I'm sure you can find it, wink wink!" will work in the future.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
LOL its funny because we spread photos with their water stamp. It's like free advertising
You would think a marketing company would understand that concept. :LOL:

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YouTube videos is fine I bet. YouTube’s TOS even says that by uploading your video you grant a license for anyone using YouTube to post or embed your video elsewhere.

Agreed with everyone else. And this move showed once and for all that BN is nothing but a corporate run marketing site by Ford. Everyone one those guys running the site and in the videos are on a payroll.
Sounds like we should start taking screenshots from the Youtube videos and post them here.

My guess is this marketing company worked out a deal where part of their compensation was to come from subscriptions. Now they are finally realizing that no one wants to pay for content they can get for free elsewhere, so they did what any "non-Ford affiliated, homegrown fan site" would do. Sending cease and desist orders to anyone sharing their content hoping that will bring in more subscribers.

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would think a marketing company would understand that concept. :LOL:
Jackson Dawson wondering why the traffic going to their site slowed down all of a sudden

4ea.gif

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I am confused. If they post something to youtube, we can't link to it here? I'm pretty sure that's not how things work on the internet. Or can we just not link to Bronco Nation, if that's the case bye bye to their site traffic. They are going to really shoot themselves in the foot with this one. They must be struggling over there - might be a lot less flannel in the coming months if their digital subscriptions don't take off LOL.
Good question

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is fun. BN is charged by ford to provide us with good info. They have failed in this task, this site is the popular site (Because it's an open forum).

From DAY ! BN has spent more time trying to build themselves as a brand instead of providing the information Ford has tasked them with providing. Their early videos were crap, the newer videos have flannel personalities trying to become celebrities' among us Bronco fans.

Infamous is more like it. cease and desist all you want, let me introduce you to Fair Use law. Those youtube videos are fair use. Linking to the website and discussing it is fair use.

Not only that, but I am certain what BN is doing to "Build and protect the BN brand" goes against the core of what ford hired an advertising firm to do, which is to PROMOTE THE BRONCO, not BN.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just unsubscribed on YouTube.

Most of their stuff was information that anyone who has read the spec sheets already knew anyway.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
flannel wearing hipsters can go take a ride down the river in their douchecanoes...

edit* comment above is not about their members but directed towards Jackson Dawson Communications

Its not even a real flannel plus its too small.add to that the flannel they wear is using pastel colors.

What self respecting, flannel wearing lumberjack would wear pastel colors?!

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could be wrong, but anything on the Bronco Nation site that is public facing is considered to be "public domain" and can be copied/linked. Information that is restricted to only their paying members is a different thing and can be disallowed for public consumption. But then again, I'm not an attorney and really don't care enough about the whole thing to give a rat's ass.
Now, back to counting the days till my Bronco is delivered......

Status
Not open for further replies.