Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That seems reasonable.

As long as you don't go rock crawling with it.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Z plan requires me to hold my Bronco in my name for a period of time (6 months or a year, I can't remember). I would only flip it if I find I don't like it for some reason, but I expect we will see several flipped quickly for high $$$$. the longer the delay on popular options, the more $ some models will bring.
But you are not using Z Plan thru Ford, only getting that pricing from the dealer, so that restriction doesn't apply.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As much as I want mine yesterday, I couldn't refuse a $25k flip.
Ain't that the truth. Like my dear old Dad used to tell me, "boy, don't ever let two fools meet".

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There will be a few flips but some dealers already have straw reservations lined up to sell upon delivery. They will have to factor those into their 20% number as well as the Broncos that are not picked up. Some dealers are not asking for large deposits hoping the reservation holders walks away upon delivery.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will be a few flips but some dealers already have straw reservations lined up to sell upon delivery. They will have to factor those into their 20% number as well as the Broncos that are not picked up. Some dealers are not asking for large deposits hoping the reservation holders walks away upon delivery.
Yeah, I agree. 20% is a big number with plenty of room for error, and dealers will try to hedge up to that number. It would be a good move to push for lots of converted reservations to push up allocation, even if at break even, knowing you will have some people back out and leave you trucks that you can sell for big profits.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But you are not using Z Plan thru Ford, only getting that pricing from the dealer, so that restriction doesn't apply.
Why is that? I thought only X plan was not going to offered by Ford.

Coldsteele

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A friend of mine sent me this link off of craigslist for a guy flipping a bronco that he doesn’t even own yet. Which I can’t imagine is too surprising.

His post is interesting, because he seems to be demanding cash up front at the dealership. Which I find odd. There’s also no information about where his reservation is and what place he is in the ordering process. Other than saying his “early”.

I figured Ford would not want things like this happening. And would do everything they can to stop it, even if it’s hard.
I also assumed if you were going to flip your bronco you would try to load it up with his many features as possible since I know there are a lot of crazies out there that would spend top dollar for top of the line. ?‍♂
I'll be honest, I've thought about it. Get an even bigger down payment on the one I keep ?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have to say that this easy money concept that has everyone flipping cars, houses, or anything of value is a sad thing. I just dont like the amount of greed that is present in the concept. While there are instances of someone putting in effort to bring something derelict into value again, more often it seems it is just a way to take advantage of the first parties failings and the final parties laziness. All while being the ultimate middle man.

Its just a concept that I am not morally comfortable with, and thats coming from a athiest.

Little side note, I have a freind that has a policy that whenever she decides to sell a car because it no longer fits her needs. She finds someone its right for and sells it to them for $1, still running and driving. Its a kind thing.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not in my experience. Ford actually subsidizes the dealer and participation requires you have the vehicle titled in the original purchasers name for a time period, or at least it used too, I was not planning on selling any of the recent Z plan purchases I have made, so I did not search out that part of the agreement. At one time, I was looking to purchase one for my mom, using my Father-in-Laws Z plan and it had to stay in my name for 6 months. Ford ended up expanding the program (it has changed multiple times in the 30 years I have used it) and my mom bought it directly, but that was 6 years back, may have changed again.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think the roll cage is supposed to help if you flip
Sponsored