Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I live on the Tail of the Dragon, good thing I dont drive my truck on it ?
Exactly! Personally, I don't want my insurance company knowing how or where I drive. I like to drive fast, brake hard, etc... Ive literally had dozens of speeding tickets in my lifetime, had license suspended for losing all my points, SR-22, etc...its a miracle Im still alive. And I plan on taking the Bronco far off the beaten path, using 4low, lockers, etc... For someone like me, I have to think this tech can only make my insurance go UP.

Its basically that plug-in thing Progressive Insurance started years ago. They pitched it as "save money on your car insurance". Yeah, sure, insurance companies want everyone to pay LESS for their insurance. :rolleyes: Now, all new cars will just come pre-connected.

Big data = Big $$$
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I always wanted to put one of those insurance things on my mustang gt which I road race LOL

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In a nutshell—you can’t turn the AC/heat on or off *from* the app. You also cannot adjust temperature *from* the app. It all has to be preset/pre-decided the last time you use the vehicle. In other words—if you want the heater on when you remote start—you have to have left the heater on when you last used to vehicle..
Your temp controls obviously work differently than the Fords I've owned and been in. Guess I didn't realize they still made models without automatic temp control.

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I use the scheduled start option regularly. I park in a peaked and the remote is out of range. The scheduled start gets the truck warmed up while I’m in the shower.
Ford Bronco Ford Pass? DA16524B-5D86-43AA-AA07-4E311A280E68

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this with auto climate or manual climate?

With auto climate, you should be able to leave your car on whatever temp you find most comfortable (72*) and the vehicle will take the necessary steps to achieve that temp... it's actually pretty brilliant.

Unless you're one of those monsters that uses auto climate by alternately turning it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up....

...my wife does this.
I laughed way too hard at this!

Sponsored

theslide

Big Bend
First Name
Slide
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your temp controls obviously work differently than the Fords I've owned and been in. Guess I didn't realize they still made models without automatic temp control.
Yep. No auto-temp control on my ‘19 Edge. ‘14 Explorer didn’t have it either. Point being it should be controllable from the app. You’d think no-brainer right. In FL it’s mostly a non-issue during our 10 summer months?—only AC. But Jan/Feb have to preset the heat ..

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this with auto climate or manual climate?

With auto climate, you should be able to leave your car on whatever temp you find most comfortable (72*) and the vehicle will take the necessary steps to achieve that temp... it's actually pretty brilliant.

Unless you're one of those monsters that uses auto climate by alternately turning it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up and then when you get too hot you turn it all the way down and then when you get too cold you turn it all the way up....

...my wife does this.
cicymns40qnrnjv2b2d44ntqolwwrxzmtyq7usmy&rid=giphy.gif

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep. No auto-temp control on my ‘19 Edge. ‘14 Explorer didn’t have it either. Point being it should be controllable from the app. You’d think no-brainer right. In FL it’s mostly a non-issue during our 10 summer months?—only AC. But Jan/Feb have to preset the heat ..
Are your manual climate controls integrated with the infotainment system? I would imagine Sync needs access to the controls for this to work.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 f-250 Tremor 6.7L HO, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have had Ford Pass on my Raptor for about 3 years. I find very little use for it. The remote start and lock work as advertised. There is a delay on the remote start depending on your signal strength. I use the key fob remote start more than Pass. You will not get a remote start with a manual transmission. Too big of liability if the vehicle were to start in gear or if it was left in neutral.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FordPass allows you to stop, start, lock/unlock your vehicle not just from a mile away, but from anywhere. I have heard of people who start their vehicle at the airport parking lot FROM THE PLANE, 45 minutes before they get to the vehicle (the vehicle only stays on for 15, but it is ready for them).
When I lived in Alaska, I would activate my auto start as we were coming in for a landing. 18 minutes later, truck would shut off as I was walking up to it. At -50*, it was sooo nice to have. One of the reasons we bought the FE, was to get all the “nice-to-have” features that makes day-to-day driving more enjoyable.

Sponsored

theslide

Big Bend
First Name
Slide
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are your manual climate controls integrated with the infotainment system? I would imagine Sync needs access to the controls for this to work.
No unfortunately. I believe it’s a Sync 3 non-integrated..manual temp. At the time I was told in-app temp control was not available yet..

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait! Is everyone just going to ignore the fact that there is an ice truck in this post? ?
From a Canadian Tire commercial up here in Canada. Proving their battery will start under extreme cold weather conditions

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, they work fine on my Ranger. But, that depends on that damnable app to actually open. :)

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So if I have a 2017 Fusion Titanium can I have the dealer unlock the remote start features? Cause I currently can only see my vehicle stats in FordPass.

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I got that, seeing if it’s worth it enough to reconsider the manual...I hate being cold?.
I'm not sure if someone would install it for you, but aftermarket options are probably going to be available. 20 years ago, my friend had a 99 Prelude with auto start installed. Downside would be FordPass wouldn't be used in your situation. You'd probably have to sign a waiver too, just in case you left it in gear and started it.
Sponsored