Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seeing the two headlights together, it appears the have the same dimensions, right? I'd like to put a Black Diamond grille on an Outer Banks but wasn't sure if a lower trim grille would fit on a higher trim Bronco that has signature headlights. They always appeared longer to me.
Grills are advertised from ford as easily swappable between models, and the lights are dimensionally the exact same.

Here is a fun picture that proves the point:

Ford Bronco 📷 Factory Broncos: Modular Black Top + Headlight Assembly, Tail Light Assembly, Puddle Lights Both Types of headlights

This is the first pic I have seen of the painted modular top. When I put in my order that is what I chose because I really like the idea of the modular top rather than the regular hardtop. I had a Wrangler with a hard top that came with the two panels over the front and then one piece for the middle row and the back (like the Bronco MIC). It was a pain to get off the back so I was really interested in having the middle removable (i.e. modular). I have to tell you though, that top looks really shiny, I was hoping it would be more muted, but just black instead of the gray-ish of the MIC. Thinking I am switching back to the MIC unless someone can tell me I am imagining the shininess.
Both tops have the same basic removable panels, and will be easier to remove than your Jeep (since the 4-door has a separate panel over the rear seats instead of the "diving board" on the jeep hard top).

Here is a breakdown of the differences:

Ford Bronco 📷 Factory Broncos: Modular Black Top + Headlight Assembly, Tail Light Assembly, Puddle Lights Top Differences

If you would like more pictures of the Black Painted Modular Top, it was featured on the black 2-door Badlands at Super CEL (east and west):

Ford Bronco 📷 Factory Broncos: Modular Black Top + Headlight Assembly, Tail Light Assembly, Puddle Lights 20201009_154707[1]
Sponsored

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MIC has removable panels just like the modular. The difference is color and the modular has pop out rear windows.
I thought everything I have read, stated that the MIC has the two removal pieces over the driver and passenger seat and then the rest of the roof (on the four door) second row and trunk were all one piece. On the Modular (again on the four door) the driver and passenger were two pieces, the second row was two pieces and the trunk was a third piece. Am I misunderstanding that?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought everything I have read, stated that the MIC has the two removal pieces over the driver and passenger seat and then the rest of the roof (on the four door) second row and trunk were all one piece. On the Modular (again on the four door) the driver and passenger were two pieces, the second row was two pieces and the trunk was a third piece. Am I misunderstanding that?
Just saw your post ZackDanger after I posted my last remark. Thank you for the clarity. Perfect.

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Grills are advertised from ford as easily swappable between models, and the lights are dimensionally the exact same.

Here is a fun picture that proves the point:

Both Types of headlights.jpg
Oh this is interesting, I've never seen this. Looks like they swapped out a single headlight rather than swapping the grille. Still great to see nonetheless to confirm the headlights are the same dimensions. I'm ordering a Black Diamond but really like the signature tail lights and the roast interior of the OB, but don't like the grille or the painted flares of the OB. That's why I'm asking all these questions about grille and tail light modularity lol after all this time I still don't know what I want.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh this is interesting, I've never seen this. Looks like they swapped out a single headlight rather than swapping the grille. Still great to see nonetheless to confirm the headlights are the same dimensions. I'm ordering a Black Diamond but really like the signature tail lights and the roast interior of the OB, but don't like the grille or the painted flares of the OB. That's why I'm asking all these questions about grille and tail light modularity lol after all this time I still don't know what I want.
For what it's worth the grill and fenders will be swappable in a few minutes, and in the case of the fenders, no tools are needed.

Obviously your use case and finances will be unique, but if I were in your shoes it sounds like you'd be better off getting the OB and swapping the grill and fenders on the cheap (or even for profit since your fenders will be painted)... rather than getting the BD and spending a ton for the signature lights and not getting the interior you like.

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is it me or do the headlights look to be sealed units? If one of those LED banks were to go out that would have to be an expensive replacement. The only part that seems to be removable is the heat sink.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You are. There is a third panel that can be removed.

Ford Bronco 📷 Factory Broncos: Modular Black Top + Headlight Assembly, Tail Light Assembly, Puddle Lights black-2021-bronco-4-door-3-

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh this is interesting, I've never seen this. Looks like they swapped out a single headlight rather than swapping the grille. Still great to see nonetheless to confirm the headlights are the same dimensions
Looking at the picture... Anybody interested in swapping just ONE headlight?? ; )

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously your use case and finances will be unique, but if I were in your shoes it sounds like you'd be better off getting the OB and swapping the grill and fenders on the cheap (or even for profit since your fenders will be painted)... rather than getting the BD and spending a ton for the signature lights and not getting the interior you like.
Genuinely appreciate your input. It may be too early to know, but do you think replacement grilles will be something that we'll be able to order through Ford/our dealerships or do we wait until the aftermarket makes OEM-like grilles?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Genuinely appreciate your input. It may be too early to know, but do you think replacement grilles will be something that we'll be able to order through Ford/our dealerships or do we wait until the aftermarket makes OEM-like grilles?
Grills aren't listed in the recently published accessory catalog... but merely judging by how much Ford has been promoting how easy it is to remove and switch grills, it'd be shocked if they aren't willing to take your money in exchange for another grill.

I could see how it may not be a priority for them to make them available since they are otherwise linked to trim levels and they need them for the back logged orders... but in the interest of full disclosure, I'm getting a BL with the black Mod top, and it might come with a black painted grill, and one of my first order of business will be to swap it out for the standard carbonized gray version.

Sponsored

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
in the interest of full disclosure, I'm getting a BL with the black Mod top, and it might come with a black painted grill, and one of my first order of business will be to swap it out for the standard carbonized gray version.
Yeah I think the black painted grilles are just not it, on any trim. I may end up going with OB and swap out the grille to the BD grille first chance I get and I'm not getting squatch, so the painted fenders gotta go too. My Bronco will basically be a frankenstein 'Outer Diamond.'

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is that velocity blue between the white Bronco and white ranger, or lightning?

jrm5723

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The protons are positive about this! Neutrons are undecided.
Sponsored