Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Someone broke something, that's fresh spray paint. There's gotta be a story here that's better than the reveal. Perhaps that's why the Yukon jump was taken so slow in the FE on the qualifying lap.
1612384108000.png
That's a completely custom bracket that's been welded on and painted over. The just used gloss paint instead of the matte that the rest of the frame is coated in.
Sponsored

Clint Callahan

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

🤡 how I feel setting aside work today to watch the warthog reveal... I want my money back

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It all depends on if all of those parts listed will be factory/warthog parts. If Ford is going to mass produce portal axles (currently very VERY expensive) that is going to be insane. Game changer.

I am a bit disappointed because I was hoping for Warthog... but I think in some ways this may still be a glimpse of it. Or at least other Ford performance parts to come.
The press release said/implied that they took a standard 2-door Sasquatch to build these trucks out of... which obviously is meant to entice buyers on what is possible... but it does legitimately show what is possible.

Seeing where Jeep Wrangler is at this point, assuming Bronco will reach a similar level of enthusiasm, we'll be in good shape when it comes to the aftermarket..

But... yeah.... I'd be shocked if I could order portal axles over the counter with my rear windshield wiper replacements.

;)

::EDIT::

Yeah. These are all "available parts"... not just necessarily from ford:

Heavy-duty front portal hubs from 74 Weld are mounted to Triton Engineering control arms with heavy-duty Howe hydraulic steering rack with cooler.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wait? This is the product that was revealed?

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Cool livery, but yeah I understand the gripes of people wanting to see production vehicles and production items.

dmpplantz

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can y'all not read? The press release specifically says that they are using factory available accessory parts. In other words, you could buy it. You'll have to figure out your build to match all the accessory parts, but it says right in the press release that the whole concept is to prove factory available accessory parts so that a customer could buy a race ready bronco. But for 21, though, of course 😛

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think it was a realistic expectation that a pre-production Warthog would have been shown this early. Ford already said it was definitely not coming in 2021, probably not even 2022.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
My man. I saw it and squealed too.

Custom lower arms too. Id be curious if these are NON reduction portals as the rear isn't a portal setup.

Curious if these become available. And cost......
Flipping that the other way,

(For easy math) You could run, a 4.0 rear gear ratio , with a 2.0 front differential and a 2.0 portal hub.

That would make the front differential ring and pinion significantly stronger without increasing the size of the differential.

Just a thought.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do these builds at least help advance the capabilities of the stock units? R&D etc. Or are they just completely different trucks with bronco shells.

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This reveal was kind of like waiting for your birthday convinced that you were going to a mini-bike and instead you got a chemistry set.

I'm mostly disappointed in myself for drinking the B6G community Kool-Aid and getting my hopes up for that Warthog or Heritage reveal. I'm sure the three guys that get to drive this Bronco R will enjoy the heck out of it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BOOOORING!!!!

Please spend less time hyping useless things we can't buy and more time fixing things like cactus grey on Ford.com since it's a different color on the Bronco, Bronco Sport and Ranger configurators. Two thumbs down for Ford. (n)(n)
It's a big corporation. How 'bout they do both?

Zap74

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wake me up when Ford emails me my delivery date!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Geez, Tough Crowd...

They're literally at a race showing off race trucks. So they showed off all their race trucks. It does make sense...*shrug*

I think the 4600 is pretty badass. Good looking livery too.
Why is the Ford marketing team so out of touch? Today has been a huge embarrassment as a Ford fan
Like every other race venue, car companies show products the normal person wants to buy, this is not a new concept.
Sponsored