broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess?!?!? Wish the OP would elaborate more on this. Did the engine sound like it wasn’t getting much power or did it sound like it was about to fall out of the vehicle? Maybe something else?
I elaborated a bit in one answer already. Its not that it sounded bad in a specific way, but it sounded like a regular suv. Nothing exciting. Nothing like the new raptor or a V8, or some V6 I have tried. It’s just quiet and not exciting. You would have told me this was the 2.3 4 cylinder I would have believed it.
Sponsored

huck2080

Black Diamond
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wasn’t finding answers on some things and also couldn’t decide between 33 and 35. So I took a last minute ticket and flew to Vegas then drove to the event just to spend time with the Broncos then go back home. I met did the ride with a friend who is also getting one and he agrees with mostly everything I report below. So you got 2 opinions in one. Enjoy.

Overall conditions of the ride:
FE 4D (so Sasquatch and 2.7) for 30 mins over high speed trail, large bumps and large rocks, deep sand, steep slopes.

Ride
Truly unbelievable. I can tell you this: you can’t realize how capable it is until you ride in one. We flew at 65mph over large bumps and rocks effortlessly. It’s a Raptor with less power and better crawling/agility.
Honestly the Wrangler is a joke in comparison for anything other than rock crawling. It’s like comparing a Prius and a desert buggy. I do believe when Broncos are out in the streets and people and their friends try it off road Jeep will have a hard time selling that vehicle.
Everything we drove through bumps rocks steep slopes and deep sand felt easy for the Bronco. My friend has strong lower back pain and was amazed to have more pain in the rental car on pavement than going over that course in the Bronco - no joke.
Whatever your expectations are for capabilities (especially high speed off roading) get ready to be blown away.

Ride mode and tech
Trail turn: amazing and useful
1 pedal driving: pretty cool does what it says it does
Sway bar: so we did crawl a rock and disconnected and the tire was high above the ground and it made full contact when he pushed the button. Much more impressed than the video I have seen of it.
Baja: it’s a must. The pro racing driver said he uses that most of the time and it works great for a lot of situations off road even simple crawling.
Cameras are really great and helpful.

Comfort
Excellent both seats and position. Felt better than the 2020 ranger I tried last week.

Engine
Our driver tested both the 2.3 and 2.7. Said he actually felt little difference in power and 2.3 is more than capable.
The 2.7 we rode sounded bad and I assume the 2.3 is same or even worst.

Sound deadening / noise
So we rode the 1st edition with sound drawing headliner (looks and feels nice, I am getting one) and the additional deadening from high package.
I can’t say how much those sound deadening packages impacted noise but: Super impressed. It felt like a quite SUV, nothing like a Jeep even at 60mph off road. The only issue is we got some little rattling from the roof going over bumps. I hope that’s not the case on production version.

Leg room and head room
I am 6’5”. Can’t fit in a Wrangler JL cause my head hits the bar. Plenty of headroom in the Bronco, and more legroom than the JL as well. Super happy on this point.

Roof rack on squatch
I asked multiple people at the booth and It’s a center of gravity issue. Ford is redesigning the actual roof for 2022 with different bolt placement for the new roof rack. If you need a roof rack like me and want Sasquatch it’s a tough call: get a 2021 and hope to get one at the dealer this summer, or get a 2022MY. So it looks like the 22 roof rack won’t be compatible with the 21MY Bronco.

Skid plates
I crawled under the body of a Badlands and a Wildtrak. The badlands has steel plates under the fuel tank and other places, while the Wildtrak doesn’t.

33 vs 35
This truck looks perfect on 35s. But the look on 33s was good in fact I didn’t like it much in photo (limousine effect) but it was good in person.

Bilstein shocks
Talked to an engineer who worked on the Bronco suspension. They will release an after market version, even better than the Sasquatch one.

Measurement
Center wheel to fender: 22 3/4in, both for Badlands on 33 and a first edition. Yes you read that right. I did measure twice and the 1cm (0.4in) supposed lift from the 1st edition sasquatch wasn’t there. Maybe because the badlands was a 2.3 manual (lighter)? Or did Ford BS and the only difference is the bumpstop ..?

Crash bars
The badlands on 33 had the crash bar in front and behind of the front wheels, but the Wildtrak didn’t. It looks like it’s removable and it also looks like they would accommodate the 35 ok. Not sure why they removed them and if it will come with it from the factory or not.

MIC top
Looks great. With a little dirt on the car couldn’t see a difference between it and the fender flares.

Shiny black grille and mirrors
Always thought it was horrible on the Wildtrak but was much better in real life. The shiny black mirrors didn’t bother me even though they don’t match the

Interior colors
Wildtrak interior looks great. Sandstone is much better on the panel than in picture.
Badlands is same as on picture: great
Navy pier on FE: looks shit in my opinion, a bit darker than In the picture.

Interior quality and panel
Feels ok. Better than in picture. Not super premium but above average materials

Here you go. Not posting much pictures cause I have the same as everybody!

A2499496-1A7D-4BAF-B657-1EB373FA75A3.jpeg
my man thank you for this i was worried about fitting myself as im 6ft4

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just find it very hard to believe that after all the money that's been invested in the top already that they'd be redesigning it before it's even on sale.

The only possible way that'd be possible is if just the top piece of the rear clamshell was redone, but the rest remains the same.
It shouldn’t be hard to believe. It’s very simple to retool or recreate new molds for the tops. Sure it’s an expense, but nothing out of the ordinary for production of this scale. They are already on the third design I know of for the roof panels.

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Doesn't surprise me that there's little noticeable difference between the two engines. When I worked at a Ford dealership, I was excited about the Edge Sport, and I was disappointed when I drove it, thinking it wasn't that much quicker than the 2.0T. So the gap between the 2.3 and 2.7 has to be even smaller. Thanks for the review, these are exciting times!

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can go see Rapid Red today. It is a currently offered color for Explorers (and presumably other Ford vehicles). This is my Explorer ST...definitely more of a Candy Apple Red.
010CB441-0600-4ECD-B5DB-CCA6CB15C565.jpeg
Love that color on the explorer. It looks great on an F150 with black trim too.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the pilot report👍

I def need racks i use them daily, there is always a way to put them on that is not the end of the world if you get a 21.

Ford perf lift thats good news as i plan on a 2in lift and 37 soon, too bad you cant get lockers and the better axles ala carte it would people $$

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love that color on the explorer. It looks great on an F150 with black trim too.
Just ordered a Rapid Red Bronco Sport (Badlands). It's a gorgeous color. Respectable for a daily driver/work car (compared to the Cyber Orange 2DR Badlands I'm also getting) while having a good amount of flare and pop. The renders make it look maroon, but in the sun it's got a wonderful sporty orangey red look (in a good way), which sets it apart from the other "respectable reds" on the road today.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. Is that Rapid Red in the photo? If so what did you think of it? More red or maroonish?
Great report. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Just keeps reinforcing my decision to push the 'go' button.
Glad to hear Rapid Red is actually Red and not Burgundy.
I'm not OP but I went to super cel East and saw rapid red on the bronco sport. I can confirm it's more red than maroon/burgundy. It's a unique color! Maroon/burgundy vehicles almost have like a touch of blue or purple mixed in where as rapid red has a glint of orange when in sunlight. I loved it and felt validated in my choice to get it! If you're really curious, Ford already offers it in their lineup. Go to a dealer and ask to see it!

I guess?!?!? Wish the OP would elaborate more on this. Did the engine sound like it wasn’t getting much power or did it sound like it was about to fall out of the vehicle? Maybe something else?
The engine sounded bad? Uh oh.
I'm fairly certain OP meant it sounded unimpressive, and not bad as in something is wrong. If you're expecting it to have a throaty, deep rumble/growl like a V8, you will be equally disappointed. Lower your expectations. If you're expecting it to sound like a 4 cylinder or V6, you will not be surprised. Hope that helps!

Edit: found OP's clarification comment:

It just sounds like a regular 4 cylinder SUV to me. Nothing exciting. But nothing bad in particular.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup. That’s how I read it. So guys with a 2021 will be compatible with newer roofs. But you need a newer roof to unlock the 2022 rack.

They could also get a 2021 rack from someone looking to sell theirs, and go at their own risk. But to properly get a rack on a Sasquatch it means swapping out the 2021 top with a newer one and getting a 2022 rack.

If anything note that the 2021 racks will be a one a done (sas or no sas). Given all the 2021 Sasquatch guys that may go against Fords recommendation and buy a rack, Ford is NOT selling it as an accessory. Now we know why. And it will probably be hard to get a 2021 rack off other guys builds, seeing the balance of supply/demand and that they will be phased out.

it also makes you wonder if they even bother making the black mod top with a late availability or if they simply push to a 2022. I could understand making MIC tops from June-December and then totally scrapping it. But are they really going to make mod top for 2 months?? Maybe mod tops truly become a 2022 thing.

Either way it’s not good news for resale. Fast forward 5 years and guys looking to buy used sasquatches will probably be inclined to uncheck the box for 2021 models on autotrader.

Sponsored

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roof rack on squatch
I asked multiple people at the booth and It’s a center of gravity issue. Ford is redesigning the actual roof for 2022 with different bolt placement for the new roof rack. If you need a roof rack like me and want Sasquatch it’s a tough call: get a 2021 and hope to get one at the dealer this summer, or get a 2022MY. So it looks like the 22 roof rack won’t be compatible with the 21MY Bronco.

Thats the only thing that sounds concerning otherwise sounds and looks great

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn’t finding answers on some things and also couldn’t decide between 33 and 35. So I took a last minute ticket and flew to Vegas then drove to the event just to spend time with the Broncos then go back home. I met did the ride with a friend who is also getting one and he agrees with mostly everything I report below. So you got 2 opinions in one. Enjoy.

Overall conditions of the ride:
FE 4D (so Sasquatch and 2.7) for 30 mins over high speed trail, large bumps and large rocks, deep sand, steep slopes.

Ride
Truly unbelievable. I can tell you this: you can’t realize how capable it is until you ride in one. We flew at 65mph over large bumps and rocks effortlessly. It’s a Raptor with less power and better crawling/agility.
Honestly the Wrangler is a joke in comparison for anything other than rock crawling. It’s like comparing a Prius and a desert buggy. I do believe when Broncos are out in the streets and people and their friends try it off road Jeep will have a hard time selling that vehicle.
Everything we drove through bumps rocks steep slopes and deep sand felt easy for the Bronco. My friend has strong lower back pain and was amazed to have more pain in the rental car on pavement than going over that course in the Bronco - no joke.
Whatever your expectations are for capabilities (especially high speed off roading) get ready to be blown away.

Ride mode and tech
Trail turn: amazing and useful
1 pedal driving: pretty cool does what it says it does
Sway bar: so we did crawl a rock and disconnected and the tire was high above the ground and it made full contact when he pushed the button. Much more impressed than the video I have seen of it.
Baja: it’s a must. The pro racing driver said he uses that most of the time and it works great for a lot of situations off road even simple crawling.
Cameras are really great and helpful.

Comfort
Excellent both seats and position. Felt better than the 2020 ranger I tried last week.

Engine
Our driver tested both the 2.3 and 2.7. Said he actually felt little difference in power and 2.3 is more than capable.
The 2.7 we rode sounded bad and I assume the 2.3 is same or even worst.

Sound deadening / noise
So we rode the 1st edition with sound drawing headliner (looks and feels nice, I am getting one) and the additional deadening from high package.
I can’t say how much those sound deadening packages impacted noise but: Super impressed. It felt like a quite SUV, nothing like a Jeep even at 60mph off road. The only issue is we got some little rattling from the roof going over bumps. I hope that’s not the case on production version.

Leg room and head room
I am 6’5”. Can’t fit in a Wrangler JL cause my head hits the bar. Plenty of headroom in the Bronco, and more legroom than the JL as well. Super happy on this point.

Roof rack on squatch

Skid plates
I crawled under the body of a Badlands and a Wildtrak. The badlands has steel plates under the fuel tank and other places, while the Wildtrak doesn’t.

33 vs 35
This truck looks perfect on 35s. But the look on 33s was good in fact I didn’t like it much in photo (limousine effect) but it was good in person.

Bilstein shocks
Talked to an engineer who worked on the Bronco suspension. They will release an after market version, even better than the Sasquatch one.

Measurement
Center wheel to fender: 22 3/4in, both for Badlands on 33 and a first edition. Yes you read that right. I did measure twice and the 1cm (0.4in) supposed lift from the 1st edition sasquatch wasn’t there. Maybe because the badlands was a 2.3 manual (lighter)? Or did Ford BS and the only difference is the bumpstop ..?

Crash bars
The badlands on 33 had the crash bar in front and behind of the front wheels, but the Wildtrak didn’t. It looks like it’s removable and it also looks like they would accommodate the 35 ok. Not sure why they removed them and if it will come with it from the factory or not.

MIC top
Looks great. With a little dirt on the car couldn’t see a difference between it and the fender flares.

Shiny black grille and mirrors
Always thought it was horrible on the Wildtrak but was much better in real life. The shiny black mirrors didn’t bother me even though they don’t match the

Interior colors
Wildtrak interior looks great. Sandstone is much better on the panel than in picture.
Badlands is same as on picture: great
Navy pier on FE: looks shit in my opinion, a bit darker than In the picture.

Interior quality and panel
Feels ok. Better than in picture. Not super premium but above average materials

Here you go. Not posting much pictures cause I have the same as everybody!
Thank you for sharing your experience and interactions with the people their!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't believe the roof rack thing for a second. If it's a center of gravity issue how does it change with simply where bolt placement is? If this was a known issue and Bronco is several months out from production how has it not already been rectified? I call bullshit.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco feels almost identical to a wrangler interior wise. I agree with OP, the Bronco has noticeably more headroom due to the bar on the wrangler. Otherwise the same. Was hoping for a few more inches of width myself.
I disagree. The body of the wrangler curves in from the midsection forward. That means there is less shoulder width for the front row, and the body becomes even narrower at the dash. There is very little room between the steering wheel and the drivers window. The bronco will feel much roomier width wise in the front row
Sponsored