Sponsored

How "all out" are you going with accessories ?

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm going to buy everything so I can impress strangers on the internet.

Kidding, of course. I'm getting the winch and swing gate table. Thinking about the drawer for the cargo area instead of the slide-out tailgate.
Sponsored

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol, about three posts in I realized I'm out classed here....

base Base 4cyl, manual:
Bumpers
Rock rails
Headliner
Roof rails
Switches
Floor liners
Cargo area liner
Canvas Bimini

Figured all the prices line up with the aftermarket, so might as well.
LOL even though I'm one step up on trim level, I'll also be a cheap-ass up front. I'm looking at splash guards (only for rust concerns), maybe tube steps, floor liners, aux switches and the cargo area protector.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Options and prices will most likely be better aftermarket as well.
A brief search of Ranger bumpers showed that to not be true....unless you must have some heavy ass urban assault bumper, which are running well over 1k with many/most being 2k-ish.....no bash plate included.
Under a grand for the simple(cheap) modular AANNDD the bash plate is a steal.
I should have probably looked at the Jeep sites also.....didn't think of that in the moment.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are quite a few accessories that look interesting, but I need to know more about them. I loaded up on the options pretty heavily, so there's not much room for more in the budget. But I'd like to know more about the refrigerator--where it goes, how it works, how well it works. Also interested in the $359 canvas bimini (2-door) that can be ordered with the vehicle. But I'd like to compare that with other soft top options. I'm getting the floor liners in the build, but I want a cargo mat, too. And the door sill protectors seem like a good idea. And I've got my eye on that air compressor.

What would really make me dump unnecessary sums of money would be the half-door like these :D :
Bronco Sema - Cool Half-doors.jpeg
Some of the items you're eyeing, may best be purchased separately if quality is a concern. Sure, you lose the ability to roll into financing, but the items I'll discuss are most important to ensure you get robust quality.

First is the compressor. Good thing here is that it is an ARB. Not sure many can argue the quality of a dual ARB compressor. The install is the issue, but can be done yourself if you wrench, but a pro install and connection to battery or a supplemental battery is idea. This can also run the fridge or whatever, but a power inverter install would likely be necessary, plus you want it to be able to take a beating. The price of the compressor offered by Ford is also competitive, but again, don't know if dealers will do an install option or for how much. An aftermarket purchase of this same ARB compressor along with install to either the standard battery, and upgraded one like Optima, or a second battery is where there may be some cost, but good utility for camping.

The Fridge is going to be an area of debate. I already upgraded my fridge early (last year) to a Dometic CFX35 that will transfer to the Bronco from my old Disco. The fridge before that was a 12 yr old ARB, which I gave to a friend.

I am a Dometic guy now, it works flawlessly, is well insulated, built strong as hell, has safety features that'll save your car battery, and is a fridge or freezer; there are also 2 zone units you can buy that are bigger.

I run the fridge off of a new portable battery I grabbed in the fall; a Jackery 1000, which is overkill, but it can charge a ton of crap and last for much longer than any camping trip I'm likely to take, plus it can charge while you drive and it's tough.

That fridge was basically $1000, so was that damn Jackery 1000, even though got both on sale so knock off $175 between both. most people will totally balk at this cost and that's understandable. The commitment here is quite a bit, but they'll both last for many years, I won't need to upgrade, but that fridge will outlast the Jackery by years. At home, the fridge is also a small deep freezer if you care to use it that way in a garage.

I find coolers for camping to be a total drag with melting ice. Yes, even a Yeti. The fridge on road trips is awesome. The portable battery (Jackery 1000) is just more useful to me than installing a Lithium Ion or another heavy solid state in the truck or under the hood if there is even enough room with the 2.7 engine. I can take the Jackery out and place it in my tent, on a table, or use at home; Options.

Now, with these details, the big accessories I have on my build are the Warn winch (wouldn't dream of using another brand), and the large 2dr roof rack for storage of damn near all sorts of shit.

These alone were near $4K and make the eyes water, but I'll only buy once. The longer I keep the Bronco, the cheaper these options become to me since I get out a good bit and go wheeling more than camping even since I can wheel on a Saturday someplace turn around and drive home.

Will eventually buy a bimini top, a white top, and maybe some donut doors when someone makes some.

Hope this very long post helps someone think of some options and rationale.

Last edited:

Sponsored

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That half door is amazing. Would be awesome to have a 2dr base and then build up to that

The fridge is available online already. In the cargo area there's power so you can plug it right in directly. So convenient. No cords. Powered fridge when you need it. Me and my mates like to cook gourmet meals in the woods and this will help so much 😄
Where did you find that picture? That is cool as 💩. I love that graphic. I want that in red. And those half doors❤❤❤❤

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great point. Don't plan to drop money on all the accessories at once. Would be over time. Which should give the market time for other comparable products to come out
Sorry to post again, but on this point, grabbing a ton of stuff at once is daunting and downright crazy money.

There are some must haves for everyone, so start picking them up one by one now. Maybe you only have disposable income to grab little things, if you're new to camping. Well, grab some of those things. Start with your own gear like boots, coats, etc to keep warm. What about your bedding? grab that. It has to be outdoor rated. Cotton stuff and blankets from the house don't work well. Think of what happens when cotton gets wet.

Then, grab a tent if you need to, pillow, etc. These things aren't cheap per se. If you go portable battery (whatever brand you like) and fridge combo, break up the purchase if needed. Grab one then save for the other. the battery has a ton of home usage. Next power outage, it can run a large flat TV or plug in your modem and router to keep internet and power your phone, tablet, laptops. The 1000 will even run a full size fridge for a couple of hours, although I wouldn't. The fridge can be your deep freezer until your Bronco arrives if you grab that first.

Again, options.

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reactions: abe

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one is ever “outclassed”! To each their own!!! You’re in my neighborhood and I can’t wait to see everyone’s different builds!!! The diversity of these rigs is going to be incredible!!! 😎😎😎

I’m ordering Badlands Rapid Red, 2.7, 2 door, Lux package adding : Tow package, floor mats, cargo liner, Headliner sound deadening. This is absolutely beyond what I anticipated spending. You only live once. I feel very blessed to be able to even be able to purchase something like this right now given these crazy times!!!!
It funny that we did exact opposites.

I went into this fully expecting and prepared to order as you did, but it was an "all me" thing and I had not considered that HoosierDaughter would be of driving age. She wants to learn how to drive a manual. That changed my priorities. (shhhh - it may end being her car in four years or so)

(At bmv right now..... SHE PASSED her permit test !!!!! 😁 😂)

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wheels and tires $2,200 + $5,500.00 in accessories.....until the VISA melts in the damn machine! 🥴

Money.jpg

Sponsored

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It funny that we did exact opposites.

I went into this fully expecting and prepared to order as you did, but it was an "all me" thing and I had not considered that HoosierDaughter would be of driving age. She wants to learn how to drive a manual. That changed my priorities. (shhhh - it may end being her car in four years or so)

(At bmv right now..... SHE PASSED her permit test !!!!! 😁 😂)
YAYYYYY CONGRATULATIONS 🎉🎊. That is awesome!!! SOOO EXCITING!!!! Great way to look at it! Then in a few years you can buy another one!!!! Lol

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Big fat goose egg here! I'm going to drive it for a year or so then go from their! Most likely a winch be added then on board air! Sky is the limit less I have a feeling! Going to wait for aftermarket to roll out too. Wanna see what all with he out!

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Choosing not to finance all these accessories. But here's my list. It's a lot. I'll probably remove things over time as I prioritize my money to other important life things. But this is how I envision me using my Bronco at least over the next 3 years

Ford Bronco How "all out" are you going with accessories ? Money

Besides the tow, tailgate and speakers, I can install all these things myself. $5200 isn't that bad for accessories. Just don't tell my SO how much I plan to spend... 🙊

Thinking of getting the tow package at order time to avoid the labor charge
Anybody else going all out with the accessories?
How'd you request the door sill? Can I do that? Lol

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought they were building the front and real panels to bolt on/off therefore no need to plasma torch your trucks body like on a Jeep?
I’m sure someone will build a “crash” version with big squared of wheel wells like the original broncos! I’d definitely buy some!

I agree. The perfectly round wheel wells are a signature of the old Scouts, which are also super cool in their own right.

Would you chop your Bronco? or just hope for aftermarket full fender panels?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just getting tube steps and the headliner. I can order the floor liners afterward. I don't need to wait longer for the accessories. I believe that things will explode on aftermarket, too. It's fun to just go on EB websites and "window shop" for things, and I suspect that will happen with the G6 Bronco's also.
Sponsored