Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The biggest thing that surprised me... in the long YouTube video, the driver mentioned it having full-belly skid plates. Is this true? I remember rock rails and bash plates for the FE, but I don't ever remember full belly skids being a standard option on any trim? Did I miss something?
Standard on Badlands and Black Diamond.
Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What does caring about peoples health in a pandemic have to do with driving a Prius?

Caring or whining? Seems like the later, and I am sure you are smart enough to figure it out.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah that’s what I’ve been reading since the start... but then I wonder why? The roof rack doesn’t appear to interface with the middle panel. Maybe it’s a restriction thing when trying to thread it under the rack.

I’m hopeful but my expectation is still what you said, that I’ll have to take the rack off. I am curious what the limiting factor is though.

edit: After looking at the b&p angles again, I think that’s exactly what it is: the top curves too far down to be able to fit under the rack when removing. Bummer
Correct, it wraps down too far to where you can't pull it up high enough with the rack there. The front panels can come off because they're split, so you're only pulling the left/right side off at a time.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Badlands has the sway bar disconnect which allows additional suspension travel to keep more wheels planted on off camber obstacles.
The Badlands also has the Bilstein progressive shocks that based on commentary from the pro drivers at KOH reduce hard “stops” as the shock nears the limits of travel.
If you add the Sasquatch package to any trim you’ll get the upgraded Bilstein shocks and a small lift (these are included on the Badlands, wit’s the caveat that the overall suspension height is slightly different (about 4cm).
Only the Badlands and First Edition have the sway bar disconnect.
If you use the search bar there is a lot of info and discussion on the suspension and sway bar disconnect. There is also a cool video of some Jeep You Tubers touring the Bilstein factory that can be found.
I think the normal Bronco suspension is going to be capable, but the Badlands trim and Sasquatch package really take it up a notch. There is no way you can duplicate the Sasquatch package for the price on your own unless you really know what you are doing.
Here’s one more awesome Badlands/FE sway bar fact: the sway bar can disconnect under load. That is pretty amazing.
All of the Broncos are awesome. Decide how you want to use your Bronco and then get the one that bests fits your adventure and budget.
Thanks. The sway bar makes sense. I guess I am trying to understand the difference between actual functionality vs marketing speak. Like, could a professional driver take a black diamond out on the same course, with similar results, and similar functionality, or would the performance be that much better?

I am probably not asking the question well.

EDIT: the analogy I can think of is the WRX vs the WRX Sti. The STI comes with upgraded equipment and parts for performance, but anybody actually using it for performance customizes their rig with their own gear, so it is more marketing hype for sales than performance. The non-STI WRX can do 95% of what the ati can do, but it costs about $10,000 less. I am wondering if it is similar with the Bronco, where the difference in performnce and capability is negligible. Trying to understand that line.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. The sway bar makes sense. I guess I am trying to understand the difference between actual functionality vs marketing speak. Like, could a professional driver take a black diamond out on the same course, with similar results, and similar functionality, or would the performance be that much better?

I am probably not asking the question well.
It’s hard to understand what you’re getting at. A Badlands or Sasquatched truck is more capable than one that’s not one of those. More capable for me, more capable for you, and more capable for the professional driver. Could the theoretical pro driver do these course with any Bronco? Very easily. Could he go further than most people in a base in very challenging terrain than we could in a built monster with 37s? Yep, easily. But more clearance, bigger tires, more articulation make things easier for Joe Schmoe and gives you some margin for error.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s hard to understand what you’re getting at. A Badlands or Sasquatched truck is more capable than one that’s not one of those. More capable for me, more capable for you, and more capable for the professional driver. Could the theoretical pro driver do these course with any Bronco? Very easily. Could he go further than most people in a base in very challenging terrain? Yep, easily. But more clearance, bigger tires, more articulation make things easier for Joe Schmoe and gives you some margin for error.
I am trying to discern what a non-Badland Bronco would be able to do. These are marketing events, so of course they are pushing these higher models and their capabilities. Without any comparison between models, it is hard to tell what the extra $10-$15k gets you.

I am probably asking a question that can't be answered well until we get some drive reports across multiple models.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am trying to discern what a non-Badland Bronco would be able to do. These are marketing events, so of course they are pushing these higher models and their capabilities. Without any comparison between models, it is hard to tell what the extra $10-$15k gets you.

I am probably asking a question that can't be answered well until we get some drive reports across multiple models.
If you don’t want to go “up trim series” but want to be able to do just about anything off road I’d recommend BaseSquatch. That is a ridiculous amount of capability for the price. There are great discussion threads about the BaseSquatch (Base trim with Sasquatch package). In Model Year 22 there is supposed to be the availability of the Sasquatch package with the manual transmission (BaseManSquatch).

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

A base with Sasquatch will be able to do everything a Sasquatched Badlands can. Manually disconnect the sway bar, and you have every ounce of real world capability....you just will take more damage, if you don’t armor it.

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A base with Sasquatch will be able to do everything a Sasquatched Badlands can. Manually disconnect the sway bar, and you have every ounce of real world capability....you just will take more damage, if you don’t armor it.
I'm wondering how much the swaybar disconnect is going to cost from the parts counter and make myself a squatched baselands.

Wickspick

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This guy doesn't get it and demonstrates what's wrong with society.

This guy gets it and gives me hope that there's still hope for us all.
Texas does get it. Focusing on all this great information and pictures is the point. Everyone seems to be taking in the suspension, seats, modes, etc. and one guy wants to focus on a mask. Mom will tell you to put a sweatshirt on when it’s cold, so you don’t catch a cold. Solid logic

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This guy doesn't get it and demonstrates what's wrong with society.

This guy gets it and gives me hope that there's still hope for us all.
you’re missing the point. After a year of COVID do you really think anyone doesn’t “Get it.” Please think for a moment. Everyone has been impacted in some way, left/right/middle it doesn’t matter who or where you are. We all come to the forum for just a few measly minutes to get away and relax and yet someone has to make a crack about wearing masks at a Ford sponsored event. Ford obviously put safety protocols in as best they could. We are all very excited to see and read about the Broncos at KOH.

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great content, thank you so much for sharing

mind blow to see him doing 70 on a washed out trail and it’s smooth enough for the camera to stay steady, and it cut through corners smoothly..

zeaken

Outer Banks
First Name
Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am not used to fast paced driving off road but is that level of rattle normal? It seemed like a lot which makes me concerned about long term build quality. I had a miata that rattled like that and it drove me nuts.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully it’s because they are preproduction units and tough to know for sure where the rattle was from? If is the tailgate as suspected, perhaps better fitment or rubber gaskets may fix. Also mikes sometimes amplify vibrations and noises louder they really are for reasons unknown to me.

Last edited:

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is anyone else having trouble with the rear legroom video? Also, where does he demonstrate the sway bar disconnect? Thanks!
Where is the REAR LEGROOM VIDEO?
Sponsored