Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dont get the winch from ford. Within a year and a half warn will likely have a winch/bumper combo that sits inside the bumper like this (and has lights)

101255_JL_OE_Bumper.jpg
But I wanna go get stuck now! That is why I'm ordering a MY21. If I was waiting for MY22, then probably would hold off for full aftermarket.

In the meantime I'll get the factory winch and figure out a better option later. My question is what are the chances I would just need a new bumper then remount the factory winch in it, or will that type of combo require a specific/different winch? With a badlands, I'm already getting the modular bumper so if I have to pay for a winch either way, might just have the camera blocked for a couple years until I upgrade bumper. Which may be better than being winchless for 2 years.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But I wanna go get stuck now! That is why I'm ordering a MY21. If I was waiting for MY22, then probably would hold off for full aftermarket.

In the meantime I'll get the factory winch and figure out a better option later. My question is what are the chances I would just need a new bumper then remount the factory winch in it, or will that type of combo require a specific/different winch? With a badlands, I'm already getting the modular bumper so if I have to pay for a winch either way, might just have the camera blocked for a couple years until I upgrade bumper. Which may be better than being winchless for 2 years.
It's a standard Warn winch. You can pull it off the Ford mount and mount it in an aftermarket bumper.

You're paying for a lot more than just the winch, which can be had for less than $1000. But that's the premium you're going to pay if you want it right out of the gate. I'm waiting. I know a couple fabricators and I'm going to see if they want to use my Bronco to mockup a front bumper that will do what I want.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Now, just to confirm, everybody is all hot and heavy about this Ford tech as somehow being ground breaking (or even advanced).

May I please share what is on the Land Rover Discovery (MY21 model year, so it's apples to apples).

Juuuuuuuuuust saying, the Ford setup is a few cameras on the bottom of the mirrors and bumper pointed forward.

Oh, the Land Rover also has sonar with "wade sensor" to give you accurate wading depth and water line.

Ford Bronco Great video of Bronco trail cam in action at KOH izcOK4m[1]

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now, just to confirm, everybody is all hot and heavy about this Ford tech as somehow being ground breaking (or even advanced).

May I please share what is on the Land Rover Discovery (MY21 model year, so it's apples to apples).

Juuuuuuuuuust saying, the Ford setup is a few cameras on the bottom of the mirrors and bumper pointed forward.

Oh, the Land Rover also has sonar with "wade sensor" to give you accurate wading depth and water line.

Ford Bronco Great video of Bronco trail cam in action at KOH izcOK4m[1]
Eh, same difference... but I like the Bronco one cause that’s the one I’ll have :p

Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a cartoon compared to the Ford setup.

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is pretty neat, unfortunately with the Black Diamond ill have to sight obstacles the old fashion way like I've done for years in my CJ.
Same with my base or big bend. I wonder if it's a software thing that can be unlocked, I'll have to see if the geeksquad kid can do that at the same time I get a cd player installed.

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not bitching, because it's an awesome feature BUT....mud is a fact of life on Michigan trails in the summer. I'll just be wiping those little fish eyes off.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure there is a picture on here that show the winch control blocking the front camera but not really blocked by the bar. I could probably search and find it, but don't feel like it... but you didn't either.
Yeah i remember that one too, briefly looked but then took the lazy route. Plus I kinda wanted to see one just through the brush guard.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s pretty freakin’ cool... that will definitely help our off-roaders navigate their lines and our mall crawlers stay between the lines 🤣
And keep your wife from scratching the rims when she is parallel parking next to a curb.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And keep your wife from scratching the rims when she is parallel parking next to a curb.
The front rims anyway ... ;)

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Useless. You need to be using rocks for clearance (drive over on them). Id only need this feature when i run out of tennis balls while parking in garage. Front camera works better for choosing lines.
I get what you're saying but I've been in plenty of situations where I'd have found this useful.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get what you're saying but I've been in plenty of situations where I'd have found this useful.
after sleeping it off. I guess i'm so cheap I don't want to pony up the 2.7k for this feature. time to sell something that's worth 2.7k that I would use even less. fyi, I think its great.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a standard Warn winch. You can pull it off the Ford mount and mount it in an aftermarket bumper.

You're paying for a lot more than just the winch, which can be had for less than $1000. But that's the premium you're going to pay if you want it right out of the gate. I'm waiting. I know a couple fabricators and I'm going to see if they want to use my Bronco to mockup a front bumper that will do what I want.
A Warn Zeon 10 with Synthetic Spydura rope is not less than $1000. the rope alone can cost $400 depending on length. Not even including the plate.

You can easily look up the cost of this winch on Warn's website. However, with the rope and mounted, $2500 isn't bad, plus its warrantied from the factory and the payment is rolled into cost of vehicle and financing.