First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you are on the highway, you really should NOT switch to 4H unless you really really need traction.

I am pretty sure advanced 4x4 stays in rear wheel drive and switches to all wheel drive when it detects lost of traction.

I have 4A (very similar to advanced 4x4) on my raptor and I turn it on if I am driving on the road and the weather gets nasty.

Nope. If you listen to the video, he literally says Baja mode switches it into 4H. You still get all the GOAT modes for your trim level, even if you have part-time selectable 4x4. Having the Advanced 4x4 makes no difference. Thatā€™s why im not going to pay extra for it. I originally wanted it for driving on wet highways. But after seeing it go 70mph in 4H, itā€™s not necessary. Iā€™d rather switch it on myself.

Last edited:

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

3/4 Tank gets you 109 miles to E.... can that even be real? Seems way low. So call it 130 miles on a full tank?
I didn't watch it again yet but I understood it as having 109 on the odometer.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

3/4 Tank gets you 109 miles to E.... can that even be real? Seems way low. So call it 130 miles on a full tank?
Oh, yes after watching it again....I can see it though. They're beating them up and doing the turn assist dragging one wheel over and over again through sand. I have yet to see what the capacity is for fuel.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yall are freaking out at 70mph offroad while I'm over here doing 100+ in my raptoršŸ˜†
Yes, but this in a Bronco! I did that for 7 years in my Raptor too but it's a Raptor. This is can do all the extreme off-roading but just happens to be able to do a little Raptor desert stuff too. Pretty flipping awesome!!

Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So these videos essentially prove that the Bronco can go 70mph in 4H. And since the GOAT modes handle the 4x4 automatically, there is no point in paying extra for Advanced 4x4. Makes my decision easier to stick with the part-time selectable 4x4.
I want the 4A for on road varying conditions. That's what's great about 4A mode. Not off-road.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, yes after watching it again....I can see it though. They're beating them up and doing the turn assist dragging one wheel over and over again through sand. I have yet to see what the capacity is for fuel.
16.9 for 2 door and 20.8 gal for 4 door.

People are looking way to hard into fuel economy. They need to take their 45 mpg prius hooning and watch the economy drop to single digits.

Also sand creates a lot of drag

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. If you listen to the video, he literally says Baja mode switches it into 4H. You still get all the GOAT modes for your trim level, even if you have part-time selectable 4x4. Having the Advanced 4x4 makes no difference. Thatā€™s why im not going to pay extra for it. I originally wanted it for driving on wet highways. But after seeing it go 70mph in 4H, itā€™s not necessary. Iā€™d rather switch it on myself.
Not sure how you got that from the video and not sure why it would bypass the transfer case that specifically comes with the BL and SQ model. 4A is definitely not for rock crawling (although the better crawl ratio is a benefit), itā€™s for higher speedand variable surfaces. A locked case definitely introduces some driving dynamics that are not desirable at high speeds and while turning, particularly under braking. No way the GOAT modes can overcome the physical connection between front and rear axles in a part time case. At the very least it would limit what the electronics could compensate for in front to rear traction. You might want to try and verify that before taking an off hand comment from a test driver as a full technical explanation. I also could misunderstand the application too, thatā€™s completely possible.

Edit- I stand corrected, at least on the Raptor (assume itā€™s the same on the Bronco) they do lock the casein Baja mode for maximum acceleration. I had read this and a couple of other articles and didnā€™t understand that aspect. I will be interested to compare the modes. I know from personal experience, I prefer the feel of an unlocked case on snow and fire roads, but acceleration wasnā€™t what I was focused on.

https://www.sae.org/news/2020/03/ford-raptor-unique-front-driveline

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, but this in a Bronco! I did that for 7 years in my Raptor too but it's a Raptor. This is can do all the extreme off-roading but just happens to be able to do a little Raptor desert stuff too. Pretty flipping awesome!!
And with the shorter wheelbase Bronco, 100 mph offroad may not end well.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
V confused, has everyone at this event been vaccinated or are we just pretending COVID isnā€™t real? Where are the masks!
Thanks mom, but I think youā€™re looking for the Prius forum.