Sponsored

daily reminder to winch buyers. Dont do that.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know its sort of late in the game but its important we have a thread about this since the popularity and love of the cameras on the car is exploding after they were demo'd at KOH.

If you order a factory winch from ford this is what you will see out of your camera. Ford screwed up big time on this design and you should not punish yourself for it.

there will be no "camera relocation kit" because the camera placement is essential to the 360 degree birds eye view effect that is so revolutionary. And moving it yourself would be dumb for the same reason.

Ford Bronco daily reminder to winch buyers. Dont do that. WARN WINCH BLOCK

Ford did not think about this at all for some odd reason. But i promise you within a year or two that winch will be gone from ford and replaced with a different design from ford. And within a year FOR SURE warn will likely have a new bumper winch something exactly like this (with foglights)

Ford Bronco daily reminder to winch buyers. Dont do that. 101255_JL_OE_Bumper
Sponsored

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know its sort of late in the game but its important we have a thread about this since the popularity and love of the cameras on the car is exploding after they were demo'd at KOH.

If you order a factory winch from ford this is what you will see out of your camera. Ford screwed up big time on this design and you should not punish yourself for it.

Ford did not think about this at all for some odd reason. But i promise you within a year or two that winch will be gone from ford and replaced with a different design from ford. And within a year FOR SURE warn will likely have a new bumper winch something exactly like this (with foglights)

That's a nice bumper, hope that does come around for the Bronco quickly.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting point you’ve made here. After seeing the vids, and as a winch buyer, I’m second guessing that on the order, but admit I don’t want to pay for it aftermarket while still paying for the Bronco. However, I’ll need a winch within the first 5 years.

I wheel my old Disco with a winch, and can’t imagine not having it. Guess I’ll need to rely only on straps which is fine I guess and my trusty MaxTrax which get me out of most shit Anyway.

Thoughts?........:unsure:

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

there will be no "camera relocation kit" because the camera placement is essential to the 360 degree birds eye view effect that is so revolutionary. And moving it yourself would be dumb for the same reason.

As always, it's a personal choice. Personally the Warn Z-10 with the NEW Ford Mount...I love it and will order it when available. A re-work was rumored yesterday. Besides, other than below the winch there is still a view from the camera......and I don't want to buy another bumper. It is actually not a mount/winch problem....it's a camera problem. The camera should have been mounted higher or off centered and angled towards the center of the viewing area. One would think a camera mounting solution dealing with plastics would be easier to correct than steel.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting point you’ve made here. After seeing the vids, and as a winch buyer, I’m second guessing that on the order, but admit I don’t want to pay for it aftermarket while still paying for the Bronco. However, I’ll need a winch within the first 5 years.

I wheel my old Disco with a winch, and can’t imagine not having it. Guess I’ll need to rely only on straps which is fine I guess and my trusty MaxTrax which get me out of most shit Anyway.

Thoughts?........:unsure:
yes

go old school
Ford Bronco daily reminder to winch buyers. Dont do that. 4e5yhw46rjhw46

Sponsored
OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As always, it's a personal choice. Personally the Warn Z-10 with the NEW Ford Mount...I love it and will order it when available. A re-work was rumored yesterday. Besides, other than below the winch there is still a view from the camera......and I don't want to buy another bumper. It is actually not a mount/winch problem....it's a camera problem. The camera should have been mounted higher or off centered and angled towards the center of the viewing area. One would think a camera mounting solution dealing with plastics would be easier to correct than steel.
I can assure you its not a camera location problem. The camera is a massive wide angle. It doesnt matter where you put it vertically in the center , that winch is going to block a massive amount of view from in front of the car.

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Shitters! That's a bummer!

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you think there will be a good aftermarket solution for adding fog lights, which we lose with the modular bumper? I'm getting one on my OBX but that's bugging me.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Agree here - a better solution will come out. Though if you removed the bull bar and moved the winch solenoid box, you’d get most of the view back.

I figure I’ve lived without a winch (even with a winch ready bumper) this long: wait for the better thought out design.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can assure you its not a camera location problem. The camera is a massive wide angle. It doesnt matter where you put it vertically in the center , that winch is going to block a massive amount of view from in front of the car.
I think if it was high on the grille it would be fine. Maybe with a control pack relocation.

They definitely went with form over function with the camera placement.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think there will be a good aftermarket solution for adding fog lights, which we lose with the modular bumper? I'm getting one on my OBX but that's bugging me.
Both Rigid and Baja Designs are working on solutions. They'll most likely be similar to their Raptor versions.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think if it was high on the grille it would be fine. Maybe with a control pack relocation.
again you have to understand that all the cameras have specific lens FOV's and their placement is extremely important for the birds eye drone view feature the car has. (although i think this is only for higher packages could be wrong i never checked)

you move a camera and its going to mess it up

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh noes! Terrible mistake. Doom and gloom. Don't make your own decision.
if people dont see themselves using the camera , go for it.

but for those who actually want to use the tech on their car , it would be foolish to buy the beta test winch
Sponsored