Sponsored

Winch that fits modular bumper without an issue?

OP
OP
Headless Horseman

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what about the sensors for lux package and all the other issues?

I cannot believe they make a modular bumper and you cannot just stick a winch in it and call it a day...why does it seem to make it block every safety feature? argh
I only have the High package so I am not sure on the rest of the sensors. Sorry.

Perhaps a hidden winch and/or a different bumper are your best options?

jlj4660

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2023 Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The JCR set up has camera and sensor kits available that work well at least with a high package

OP
OP
Headless Horseman

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The JCR set up has camera and sensor kits available that work well at least with a high package
I'll have to look into this one...would you have ford put this in or go to my friendly local stereo/alarm/everything install shop?

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like the JCR kit it relocates the parking sensors, does not block ACC, and relocates the camera.

It looks like a very easy install based on their videos.

If you have a 2.3l a hidden winch mount is also a great way to go, unfortunately on the 2.7l it is too much of a pain.

OP
OP
Headless Horseman

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just saw this mount today. Comes with the camera and sensor relocations built-in. Doesn't extend out very far from the front of the bumper. Compatible with ACC... I may be buying one. I'm sure it's not made in the USA, but I like the design much better than anything else I've seen.

https://buckleupoffroad.com/product...ull-bar-for-2021-ford-bronco-w-modular-bumper
I wonder if anyone has tried this one...does look good...I like that if/when you need to move sensors, it's an easy move...

NorthTexasBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outerbanks 4 Door, 2023 Wildtrack 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So an honest review so far is that it is very heavily built with good welds, install instructions could use a little work but if you have decent knowledge of wrenching you will be fine.

The finish is painted, but would probably last a couple of years, with the exception of the painted zinc hardware (the 6 bolts on top the rest is stainless). The beautiful part is that is Adaptive cruise, parking sensors and front camera all work with no issues.

I chose to go with 12k Badlands Apex winch, well because it was easy to get and return if needed. Also I figured if Matt's off-road recovery uses them on their recovery wrecker then it is probably good enough for me. I also looked at Smithy Built and Warn Evo (Evos seem to have issues).

One thing to note is this mount goes around the modular bumper but does not bolt to it. It is instead sandwiches the bumper from the front. I didn't do any frame reinforcement but I probably should, because I could see the amount of leverage being great with the 12k winch.

Only issue I had was the Aluminum Fair lead that came with the winch had to be mounted upside down to clear the sharp bend of the camera mounting bracket.

20230929_095810.jpg

20230928_121145.jpg

20230929_095830.jpg

20230929_095817.jpg

20230928_121144.jpg

20230929_095837.jpg

20230928_120331.jpg

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Functionally and aesthetically, the Ford OEM set-up with the mini nudge bar is hard to beat.
I looked this up now, but expected something a bit better being OEM and the price:

1. Front Bumper Park Aid must be deactivated using Feature settings. For vehicles equipped with Front Bumper Park Aid Sensors, the system will detect the Winch causing a continuous warning sound. Customers desiring a winch can select "long-term" disable. This completely disables front parking aid. Press Features on the touchscreen, press Driver Assistance select Park Aid Front Sensors Off. Park aid re-location brackets are not available.
  2. For vehicles equipped with 360 Degree Camera Option, Winch installation position diminishes front camera view. Front camera system switches 'on' with vehicle mode set to Mud/Sand, Rock Crawl, or Baja. See Owner's Manual for feature function: http://www.motorcraftservice.com/ownerinformation
  3. LUX Package Radar Adaptive Speed Control must be set to 'normal' using Featured settings. The radar bracket is behind the winch, a driver message "Adaptive Cruise Not Available Sensor Blocked" will be present. Customers desiring a Winch can change Cruise preferences Press Driver Assistance select Cruise Control select Normal. A radar re-location bracket is not available.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Headless Horseman

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So an honest review so far is that it is very heavily built with good welds, install instructions could use a little work but if you have decent knowledge of wrenching you will be fine.

The finish is painted, but would probably last a couple of years, with the exception of the painted zinc hardware (the 6 bolts on top the rest is stainless). The beautiful part is that is Adaptive cruise, parking sensors and front camera all work with no issues.

I chose to go with 12k Badlands Apex winch, well because it was easy to get and return if needed. Also I figured if Matt's off-road recovery uses them on their recovery wrecker then it is probably good enough for me. I also looked at Smithy Built and Warn Evo (Evos seem to have issues).

One thing to note is this mount goes around the modular bumper but does not bolt to it. It is instead sandwiches the bumper from the front. I didn't do any frame reinforcement but I probably should, because I could see the amount of leverage being great with the 12k winch.

Only issue I had was the Aluminum Fair lead that came with the winch had to be mounted upside down to clear the sharp bend of the camera mounting bracket.

Ford Bronco Winch that fits modular bumper without an issue? 20230928_120331

This looks quite good. I like how all the sensors/cameras function when you are done...nothing worse than losing functionality for expensive electronics.

So you give the buckle up off-road a thumbs up? In regards to reinforcement, how would you achieve this and would they say it isn't necessary?

NorthTexasBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outerbanks 4 Door, 2023 Wildtrack 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This looks quite good. I like how all the sensors/cameras function when you are done...nothing worse than losing functionality for expensive electronics.

So you give the buckle up off-road a thumbs up? In regards to reinforcement, how would you achieve this and would they say it isn't necessary?
It has my thumbs up (except the instructions). Frame reinforcement is done with this
https://td-distributing.myshopify.c...rts-21-23-bronco-frame-horn-reinforcement-kit

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
NorthTexasBronco

Can you do a write up and pictures of installing Tricky Motorsports bumper reinforcement brackets?

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know you don't have this any longer but do you remember if there was any gap where the arrows are? I have a SPV light mount bracket there, its thin but wasn't sure if the winch mount/bracket had a small space or not.

spv.PNG

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another option is the Rough Country Hidden Winch on the modular bumper. It works really well, the downside is the engage/disengage lever, which I developed a fix for.
Ford Bronco Winch that fits modular bumper without an issue? IMG_1697
Sponsored