Sponsored

B6G Poll: can you drive a manual or not?

Can you drive a stick (manual)? Yes or No

• Total voters
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Daily drive a manual mustang 5.0 for the last 7 years. Wish the 2.7 had a manual option.
Sponsored

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I first got my license I worked for a neighbor making medical racks for blood banks and hospitals. We had to deliver an order which he loaded in his two station wagons. I offered to drive the older of the two because his newer one was a 5-speed and I thought the other was an auto. It was standard with column shifter. I said screw it and went for it. It was a hot mess but I figured it out.
Both my ā€˜69 and 2003 Mach 1s are standard. Getting an auto because I am old and have knee issues. Also for traffic and I want the lux package.
I use the clutch mostly for starting out and slide into the the rest on the mustangs. Itā€™s easy once you get a feel for the road speed and engine revs
Some of you may have driven a a truck with a two speed rear. I had an International 466 with a 10 speed, 5 speed transmission and two speed rear. That was fun when loaded towing a trailer It would take 5 shifts to go like 20 miles a hour. The best was when you missed the timing on the rear button and you were freewheeling with the rear making all kinds of strange sounds. Good times.

I am 51 Sarge.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can.

I'm not getting the manual option because I don't drive a manual as my everyday ride. Plus my wife cannot.

Last time I drove a manual was about 10 years ago. My dad and brother went to Talladega and did one of those NASCAR experiences.

I hit 176 miles per hour whipping around the track - don't tell me you don't have to be athletic to hold a car at that speed making a turn - whoooooo!

If my wife was not interested in ever driving the Bronco, and the V6 was available, I could consider getting it. But my wife wants to adventure (yay) and the V6 isn't a current option - so I am fine getting the automatic.

Sponsored

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@JAGSarge im 46...never learned how to drive a manual! Iā€™m barely tall enough to see over the dash to drive an automatic! šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ I may need a phone book or booster to drive my Bronco!! Stay tuned on that!!! šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜€

slacker4wheel

Black Diamond
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello bronco fans out there. I've been driving manual trans for over 40 years now, Love them a lot. Never owned a automatic all my life. IMO have better control under certain conditions and it helps me stay alert while driving. I guess i am and old school type guy .
What ever Bronco you decide on its all good, Enjoy your new rides.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
My current car will likely be the last manual I'll own.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I taught my wife, son, and daughter to drive a manual with our first jeep. our ages range between 52 and 22. both my kids were driving the jeep at 13 years old. (not going to stall in 4 low and driving in dirt or sand) kids on 4 and 2 wheels since 5 or 6 years old. its in our blood.
that being said, its for pleasure. daily driving, the auto would make more sence.

Bronco Billy Boy

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick poll of you awesome members.

So I am guessing that most (more than 50%) of B6G members can drive a manual and @Drex thinks itā€™s less than 50%. Made me curious but yes or no, can you drive a manual?
I can also churn my own butter but why would I, itā€™s the 21st century. But I love the attitude from stick heads who feel superior about it, like theyā€™re smarter than everyone else or have some ninja driving skillz.

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can and have in the past, but it's been a really long time. Guessing it would be a pretty ugly ride until i got back up to speed with my left foot lol

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know how to drive stick, and about 33% of the vehicles Iā€™ve owned (19 in 20 years with a license) have been stick.

I donā€™t like sitting in bumper to bumper traffic (top three worst in the country allegedly) in a stick.

does That mean I donā€™t actually know how to drive stick that well?

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve never owned a manual car so I said no, but I ride my motorcycle a lot and itā€™s technically a manual, so I assume Iā€™d pick it up pretty easily translating the clutch from hand to foot and shifting from foot to hand, but I didnā€™t realize Iā€™d be in such a large minority on b6g.
Sponsored