Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This. I hope it is a misprint and the B&P is correct.
Wildtrack has the auto on-demand listed as standard. My confirmation only lists advanced 4x4.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember when enthusiasts WANTED feedback through the steering wheel from minor imperfections of on road driving. I would think this is highly desirable on a off-road 4x4. Maybe it's just me.

With nibble control and Ford Co-Pilot360™ technology − Auto High-Beam Headlamps − Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Pedestrian Detection and Forward Collision Warning with Dynamic Brake Support − Rear View Camera with backup assist grid lines, I'm starting to think the New Bronco is not for me. It's too cellphone-distracted-driver based oriented for me. I was thinking by including a manual transmission Ford was going a bit more retro and actually building a truck oriented to people who pay attention when they drive.

From the linked article...

"Active Nibble Control helps reduce vibrations that transfer through the steering wheel. This feature senses and eliminates the “shimmy” felt at high speeds when a wheel is out of balance or a brake rotor is warped." WTF. How is a driver now supposed to find out the vehicle he is driving has a tire or brake issue?

Ugh.
In this day and age the bronco is low tech LOL
You might as well get one now because in a few years all of the car makers are going electric and they will truly be high tech

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As someone who works in marketing... I have a rant to go on.... please feel free to ignore

it’s sincerely unbelievable how bad these people are at their jobs. My team would have been let go and made an example of so, so long ago by any other client of this magnitude. There are hundreds of talented marketing firms that would be lined up for this type of gig.

This is FORD, a national car manufacturer, top of one of the most coveted industry verticals for marketers (automotive) with millions of dollars in ad spend every year, launching a performance-oriented marquee product with all new features that is highly competitive and specially targeted, and they just blow it week after week! It’s like they’re not even trying. The website, the published materials, the graphic design. the poorly edited videos, the blatantly incorrect information, all of it is terrible.

It’s not even like its just a case of bad or poorly designed materials and copy (which they certainly are for a variety of reasons) - but on top of that they are marketing false and incorrect information repeatedly while consumers are trying to take one of the largest purchase journeys of their life.

Okay one slip up or color change here or there, fine, it’s a new car. But they can’t even get the packages and features listed correctly a month after people have already started placing orders. Im telling you, it’s mind boggling! One of my most junior employees could have caught these mistakes with their eyes closed.

I mean someone is clearly getting paid to do absolutely nothing, and is producing these materials at the last minute without cross-referencing anything.

I’m honestly just in disbelief at this point. It’s embarrassing. Like how do they tweet the correct new color of a car, tweet a corrected rendered image of the new color, and then a week later produce new materials with the old color? Like how does this get approved?

It can only be chalked up to a complete lack of regard for the work. So many examples of this I just don’t even know what to say. They are botching what could have been one of the most iconic automotive launches in recent history. They’ve been planning this for like 16 years. It’s shameful. And they’ll play it off as ”secretive” or “it’s covid” - bullshit there are marketing teams executing quality work everywhere.

The only possible explanation is “red tape” Where they wait weeks for Ford to approve materials and by the time it’s gone all the way through Ford it’s too late to correct mistakes. Even if that’s the case, it’s a poor excuse for a top firm. Managing expectations and adhering to guidelines is the entire job.

as someone on the other end of the deal in the consumer position, wanting to spend $50k on a 1st year model, I am bewildered by how difficult and frustrating this experience has been.

if it wasn’t for this forum and the dedicated people here, I am positive I would end up being unhappy with my purchase due to incomplete or false information. I can only imagine how many people are having (or will have when the vehicle they did not want is delivered) a poor experience that are not on this website.

End rant:
I know this will not go over well based on your very astute comments, but I think this brochure is an example of the BS work-from-home paradigm that has risen from the COVID lockdown. I see this in my business as well. People not working in an collaborative office environment are too easily distracted by cell-phone use, children being home-schooled, spousal interaction, etc. For most people, working from home is not the dreamy collaborative working environment Microsoft Teams show it to be on TV. While errors are obvious from model description to model description (simple copy and paste errors), based on errors in the B&P that still remain uncorrected, it is apparent that there is a disconnect between engineering and marketing. If there is no established engineering baseline for each model, it is not to be unexpected that the marketing staff can easily make such errors as evidenced in the Packaging Guide brochure.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In this day and age the bronco is low tech LOL
You might as well get one now because in a few years all of the car makers are going electric and they will truly be high tech
Your are correct. the New Bronco was supposed to be my last gasp at a newly manufactured retro vehicle. Based on my stage in life the Bronco was going to be my last new vehicle purchase. But when systems such as EPAS now obfuscate such safety concerns as wheel balance or brake system performance, then the tech is adding in danger rather than removing it. Things like TPMS and ABS and stability control are good things as they add a function of control the driver cannot achieve from the driver's seat. I would fear that nibble control would obfuscate such things as loose lug nuts until the driver sees a wheel jetting off into the Armco and he is spinning down the highway as the brake and suspension components gab hold of the road surface. Correcting for cross wind affects lets the driver falsely traverse his path in confidence when he should slow the vehicle down to increase the risk of rolling over in a cross wind. Again, cross wind compensation is great for someone who has one hand on his cell phone texting his GF on Valentine's Day. Same for pre-collision braking. Hopefully it is switchable to "OFF".

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly!

I'd also add the world has fully embraced the "Participation Trophy" outcome and meritocracy is all but dead.
I first read that as "mediocracy is all but dead" and I said to myself "wait... that doesn't make any sense". LOL

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your are correct. the New Bronco was supposed to be my last gasp at a newly manufactured retro vehicle. Based on my stage in life the Bronco was going to be my last new vehicle purchase. But when systems such as EPAS now obfuscate such safety concerns as wheel balance or brake system performance, then the tech is adding in danger rather than removing it. Things like TPMS and ABS and stability control are good things as they add a function of control the driver cannot achieve from the driver's seat. I would fear that nibble control would obfuscate such things as loose lug nuts until the driver sees a wheel jetting off into the Armco and he is spinning down the highway as the brake and suspension components gab hold of the road surface. Correcting for cross wind affects lets the driver falsely traverse his path in confidence when he should slow the vehicle down to increase the risk of rolling over in a cross wind. Again, cross wind compensation is great for someone who has one hand on his cell phone texting his GF on Valentine's Day. Same for pre-collision braking. Hopefully it is switchable to "OFF".
I understand :)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I remember when enthusiasts WANTED feedback through the steering wheel from minor imperfections of on road driving. I would think this is highly desirable on a off-road 4x4. Maybe it's just me.

With nibble control and Ford Co-Pilot360™ technology − Auto High-Beam Headlamps − Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Pedestrian Detection and Forward Collision Warning with Dynamic Brake Support − Rear View Camera with backup assist grid lines, I'm starting to think the New Bronco is not for me. It's too cellphone-distracted-driver based oriented for me. I was thinking by including a manual transmission Ford was going a bit more retro and actually building a truck oriented to people who pay attention when they drive.

From the linked article...

"Active Nibble Control helps reduce vibrations that transfer through the steering wheel. This feature senses and eliminates the “shimmy” felt at high speeds when a wheel is out of balance or a brake rotor is warped." WTF. How is a driver now supposed to find out the vehicle he is driving has a tire or brake issue?

Ugh.
Yeah, I call it driving by the braille method and it comes in handy off road and to diagnose vehicle issues.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know this will not go over well based on your very astute comments, but I think this brochure is an example of the BS work-from-home paradigm that has risen from the COVID lockdown. I see this in my business as well. People not working in an collaborative office environment are too easily distracted by cell-phone use, children being home-schooled, spousal interaction, etc. For most people, working from home is not the dreamy collaborative working environment Microsoft Teams show it to be on TV. While errors are obvious from model description to model description (simple copy and paste errors), based on errors in the B&P that still remain uncorrected, it is apparent that there is a disconnect between engineering and marketing. If there is no established engineering baseline for each model, it is not to be unexpected that the marketing staff can easily make such errors as evidenced in the Packaging Guide brochure.
telecommuting isn’t an option for me. However, my son, who is a CPA with a big accounting firm has almost exclusively worked from home since April. He is responsible for many interns and junior accountants. Telecommuting had been a disaster for those that need direct mentorship to learn their professions. Only so much can be explained via zoom and screen sharing. This has cost several interns a job offer as they were unable to get the personal help they needed.

Last edited:

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Joke's on you! I've got my starlink preorder in as well, it's a race to the bottom to see if Ford or Tesla delivers their product first.
So you going to have a dish antenna on your Bronco like some B-grad 50's si-fi movie :) for that starlink connection?

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if im reading the navigation part right, if you don't get the built in you have no navigation after 3 months unless you pay for the subscription correct?
Correct
For $300 a year in internet access cost, is it really worth it? My phone can do hotspot.
Yep, providing you have a signal, I camp in so many places where a cell signal is non-existent.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both store base maps in memory, no Harddrives on board lol. Both will update maps over cellular when available, with an active subscription.
Incorrect, hence the name 'Built in' as that unit stores maps onboard for use when out of cell range (if paid subscription) or if you let the 3 year subscription lapse.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tumblr_mo05yrJtha1r76lino1_400.gif

Honestly my experience of the pandemic the work from home, is often people are freaking AWOL from their job. Can't get a hold of them when they're supposed to be "working". Used to be if they were busy and a response was delayed you got an answer next business day, now sometimes it takes a week for people to get back to you.
My son works from home for the state, he has a script on his laptop that moves the mouse pointer every couple of minutes to keep the connection alive and make the mainframe at the office think he is still online when he is out by the spa drinking and fooling around.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you haven't used Android Auto or Apple Car Play, you need to rent a car or borrow somebody's that has it. No need for built in navigation anymore. Google maps lets you download whole areas to your phone for offline navigation, so you don't need to have cell service for it to work. I have 4-5 areas that I always have available offline.
My WRX has built-in navigation, but never use it because I use Google Maps or Waze through AA. My wife's Ascent doesn't even have navigation built-in; it was an option we chose to do without because of the AA functionality.
Why can't people understand that not all of us stick around areas where we have a nice strong cell signal???? Hell, most times when camping or off road I have ZERO.
Sponsored