First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You get a additional goat mode, but i dont plan on doing any Major rock crawling. Mostly some mall crawling and some occasional Overlanding.
With the BL you. will get the best of everything IF you want to spend the money for it. For what you're intended use is I'd say the BB is the way to go. It will get you everywhere you want and be more than capable for off roading. You can always add bigger tires/wheels down the road if you want but this gets you a good starting point without spending a lot.
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You get a additional goat mode, but i dont plan on doing any Major rock crawling. Mostly some mall crawling and some occasional Overlanding.
Why not just go with Black Diamond then? It’s got more bells and whistles than Big Bend but is cheaper than Badlands.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that we have more time to decide, i still cant decide. Still between the Big Bend and Badlands. Do you guys n gals have any kill points on making the big decision?
help_Bronco_lineup_HR-3.jpg
I'm 99% sure I'm going BL. But a more apples:apples comparison would be the BD to BL as they both come equipped with the same interior features.
I've found that pretty much any model I build up to close to BL features ends up being within a very small margin of the BL, but without the SBD. That's mainly why I am going BL, because price difference is negligible when equipping up a lower model in a similar fashion, and I can assume resale value, or residual value, would be higher for higher level/optioned factory trims.
As context, I'm equipping with the steel bumpers, bash, 2.7 Auto, and for lower trims adding Squatch. Squatch on a BL, as best I can tell, gets you wheels and tires and about 1/4" height so I've left it off my BL build. Already have wheels for it in the shop, will add the 35" tires once i get it and sell the stock BL wheels and 33's. High pack on all for the mirror lights and larger screen.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why not just go with Black Diamond then? It’s got more bells and whistles than Big Bend but is cheaper than Badlands.
Tech and Led package is important to me. Adding squanch gets me the capability I would ever need. Price vs comparable BL I’m good with. I would pretty much stick with a stock BL then upgrade wheels and tires down the road. Bumpy Road! Lol.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With the BL you. will get the best of everything IF you want to spend the money for it. For what you're intended use is I'd say the BB is the way to go. It will get you everywhere you want and be more than capable for off roading. You can always add bigger tires/wheels down the road if you want but this gets you a good starting point without spending a lot.
I would love to see a list of suspension parts between the two stock without going to squanch . Lift, shocks, tie rod arms beefier suspension, on and on and on.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would love to see a list of suspension parts between the two stock without going to squanch . Lift, shocks, tie rod arms beefier suspension, on and on and on.
This is where they (Ford) gets you because if you build a BD with SAS it's close to a BL where the suspension is already close to a SAS. It seems like for just a few thousand more you can get...... So next thing you know you're spending $8 - $10K more than you originally wanted to.

That's why I ended up with a Base SAS. All the parts are there and if I want I can downsize easy enough to 33's. It won't be my DD so I don't care about all the Tech, it has all the basics. If you're really wanting all the tech and luxury I don't think I'd go lower than a BD.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now that we have more time to decide, i still cant decide. Still between the Big Bend and Badlands. Do you guys n gals have any kill points on making the big decision?
help_Bronco_lineup_HR-3.jpg
As others have pointed out, you are not comparing the correct trims.

Badlands vs Black Diamond
Outerbanks vs Big Bend

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As others have pointed out, you are not comparing the correct trims.

Badlands vs Black Diamond
Outerbanks vs Big Bend
I'm not comparing, i'm trying to decide which one i want. Make sense?
There is a reason i like both, which is two completely different reasons.

Number one reason is cost per features. I would love to get a Badlands, but when i load up the same features from say a BigBend, the price goes into unaffordable budget mode.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What do i get comparing each? BB i get sasquatch and remote start. Badlands i get sway bar disconnect and vinyl seats at around the same cost. So cost per features is driving my decision process. I'm not going to take a 50,000 dollar vehicle rock climbing. So the swaybar disconnect isnt that important even though i think would help for resale value.

Ford Bronco **CORRECTED** BUILD & PRICE REFERENCE GUIDE for 2021 Bronco! blvsbb

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Again, down the road, as far as making a decision. I will probably get different wheels and tires. So that will be additional cost. Going with Sasquatch on Big Bend, i'm assuming they have already adjusted the computer for the adjustment for fuel economy. So if later it helps vs say later adding 35's to the Badlands when ordering stock 33's.

tenor.gif

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Again, down the road, as far as making a decision. I will probably get different wheels and tires. So that will be additional cost. Going with Sasquatch on Big Bend, i'm assuming they have already adjusted the computer for the adjustment for fuel economy. So if later it helps vs say later adding 35's to the Badlands when ordering stock 33's.

Ford Bronco **CORRECTED** BUILD & PRICE REFERENCE GUIDE for 2021 Bronco! tenor
You're where I was about a month ago. I drove myself crazy building each model every which way. ? If you're now down to these two I'd go with the BL for sure. For about the same money you're also getting a higher model, the MGV and disco. IIRC there's not much difference from the BL. to the SAS, about 10mm?

I think the 33's are the perfect size especially if you're not going to be doing much rock crawling. The only reason I'm going SAS is because I think the Base needs it and there's no option for a rear locker. If you want to add 35's later it's easy to adjust the computer for the tire difference either with ForScan or a tune, the tuner calibrator has this option.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not comparing, i'm trying to decide which one i want. Make sense?
There is a reason i like both, which is two completely different reasons.

Number one reason is cost per features. I would love to get a Badlands, but when i load up the same features from say a BigBend, the price goes into unaffordable budget mode.
Gotcha... well only you can decide between your Different reasons. For example, I have to weigh, Which I would want more... Fog lights and sound deadening, or Modular bumper and bash plates.

If you can't decide based on the Pros...try the negatives. Which do you hate the most... see if that works.

For most of us, everything boils down to a compromise as to which trim has the least offensive features ;)

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone got confirmation that the advanced transfer case is required as part of the Sasquatch package? Or is that a B&P error? I can't find in any literature that advanced 4x4 transfer case is part of Sasquatch, but on B&P it automatically adds it in and charges you for it for builds that don't have the advanced transfer case.

Other question is in the literature it lists advanced transfer case as "optional" for base and big bend, but it doesn't let you select it on the B&P without adding Sasquatch as part. Wonder if that's also a B&P error.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a weird one I saw posted on FB today. Someone was working on building out a BL and noticed this odd bit of text with the Sasquatch package:

Package will automatically be added when either 2-Door with Advanced 4x4 or 4-Door with Advanced 4x4 combined with 10-Speed Automatic Transmission are selected.

Ford Bronco **CORRECTED** BUILD & PRICE REFERENCE GUIDE for 2021 Bronco! Screenshot 2021-02-25 064713

Of course, there's nothing about that in the Ordering Guide or BN's reference guide, and it doesn't actually apply this in B&P. It certainly didn't force me into Sasquatch on my order.

Has anyone actually Sasquatch added automatically with these options when they tried to order?

Assuming this isn't some recent goofball change, I don't understand how mistakes like this can make it into B&P and not get quickly corrected.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here's a weird one I saw posted on FB today. Someone was working on building out a BL and noticed this odd bit of text with the Sasquatch package:

Package will automatically be added when either 2-Door with Advanced 4x4 or 4-Door with Advanced 4x4 combined with 10-Speed Automatic Transmission are selected.

Ford Bronco **CORRECTED** BUILD & PRICE REFERENCE GUIDE for 2021 Bronco! Screenshot 2021-02-25 064713

Of course, there's nothing about that in the Ordering Guide or BN's reference guide, and it doesn't actually apply this in B&P. It certainly didn't force me into Sasquatch on my order.

Has anyone actually Sasquatch added automatically with these options when they tried to order?

Assuming this isn't some recent goofball change, I don't understand how mistakes like this can make it into B&P and not get quickly corrected.
I think they wrote it backwards. The advanced 4x4 and auto are required for Sasquatch and are added when you add that package.

#rockstars
Sponsored