Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you haven't used Android Auto or Apple Car Play, you need to rent a car or borrow somebody's that has it. No need for built in navigation anymore. Google maps lets you download whole areas to your phone for offline navigation, so you don't need to have cell service for it to work. I have 4-5 areas that I always have available offline.
I have 9 maps saved that cover most any area I go to on a regular basis. If I am going to travel anywhere outside of those areas, I download them ahead of time. They don't take up a ton of space either.

All you have to do is download a map area once when you are on wifi. ...

If you wan't to spend the extra money for the built-in navigation, that's fine, but for me and the others out there that would rather not, this is a completely viable option.

I'm totally onboard with the Google offline maps, no need for navigation in the Bronco or any car. Works great, just download over wifi if you don't want to burn data. Android auto to use the Bronco screen, I assume. I do it even if I know I'll have a cell signal. It's fabulous when traveling outside the U.S. For that matter, you can download offline languages in Google Translate so you don't have to burn data, or even have a foreign SIM card, to get good translations. I'm amazed at how few people take advantage of this.

I realize it doesn't work if you truly have no idea where you're heading in advance, but it takes literally a minute or less. And most of that time is pinching and zooming to decide what you want saved on your phone!
Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On another note, I didn't known until I read this packaging guide that the MIC top color is referred to as Carbonized Gray. I didn't make it to KOH but I've seen posts noting that the MIC tops are getting darker in color. Was there a MIC top at KOH with a Carbonized Gray body that looked like the colors were a match on the body and MIC top?
For that matter, neither did Ford. It wasn't until they (their supplier, actually) made a bunch of them and found out what color it ended up looking like. Then they picked a name for it after the fact. :)

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Psshhh, Canadians šŸ˜
Nope, not a Canadian, I'm a Yooper! We also love our hockey.

Seriously, it's a real pain in the ass when nobody has a bottle opener and you have to get creative.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ve found my wedding ring is an excellent bottle opener.

cubes32

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like MY22 option
and likely won't be available on all trim levels nor a la carte, but will be tied to certain packages. At least that is what seemed to be the thoughts at KOH.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

NINETY SEVEN CENTS, folks!
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Packaging Guide bottle_opener

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To everyone just now learning about the WiFi hotspot:

Iā€™m legit excited for you to learn about all the other really cool things you havenā€™t noticed yet!

Yā€™all need to do what I did and print out a copy of all the Ford documents and lock yourself in the bathroom for a couple days!
Thatā€™s expensive car wifi !!!

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why can't people understand that not all of us stick around areas where we have a nice strong cell signal???? Hell, most times when camping or off road I have ZERO.
Google Maps allows you to download maps for offline use and smartphones have built-in GPS receivers. I think it's crazy that Ford is trying to squeeze extra subscription revenue out of the navigation when it's free on most cars and the smartphone apps are almost always better than the built in navigation anyways.
Sponsored