First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well great....Cactus Gray is back to the green/blue tinge here...thought they updated build and price to be more accurate. Now this conflicts.
A lot of us have seen the cactus gray in person on the Ranger and Bronco Sport and it closer to the B&P image.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think there will be a lot more than 25 pissed off people when their Broncos show up not what expected, but maybe thats the plan so dealers have inventory. All this marketing material for a new vehicle that your suppose to make an informed decision on is garbage. Some new vehicles have very few variations, the Bronco is way on the other side of the spectrum, the information has to be valid and correct.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt it. That wording is just a way to future proof this document. And they won't necessarily have to correct mistakes.
Lawyers are still on the payroll.
💼

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I find hilarious is that Ford must not care much for the 2 door. 90%+ of the "spy" or promotional photos of prototype Broncos is the 4 door. The huge majority of what they are making at the factory these last few months is the 4 door. The whole brochure (except a couple) is the 4 door. Almost everything they took to KOH was 4 door. I just find that odd. I did see a few mistakes in the brochure but this stood out to me more.

::Edit:: I only see two photos that someone can tell its a 2 door. There is a couple more of the black two door concept but you can't tell its a two door, but we know it.
From what has been mentioned on the forums, MIC tops are in short supply. Maybe they are making 4DRs because they have tops for them.

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, I prefer to use a vehicle's built-in nav when possible (assuming it's any good). This is largely because I prefer to not be reliant on my phone (and have some redundancy). I've got a little more faith in the vehicle GPS receiver getting a reliable signal off the beaten path than my phone.

More importantly though, do we know how either of these navigation options will interact with the trail maps feature?
I'd hate for someone to plan on getting the lesser option, or just plan on using their phone via Android Auto or Apple Carplay, only to discover that the trail maps aren't as full-featured as a result.

Ford should have published a draft version of this directly to B6G if they didn't want to hire a competent marketing department.
True statement.

I've seen enough largely distributed technical documents get developed to know that actually proofing these in a large organization can be problematic. Inevitably, you're going to have people that are actually good at proofreading but don't have the technical expertise to know when something is wrong. The guys that have the expertise end up being bad at closely proofreading. The ones that have the technical expertise and can proofread didn't hear about some decision the higher-ups made to change something. And even if all the mistakes get caught, the people putting it all together end up publishing an old version.

Realistically, the best way to proof something like this is often to crowdsource it.
They really should just send it to B6G and let us tear it up for them.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 words...Gaia maps, no cell signal needed. Use it all the time on trails and when overlanding. Having the wireless carplay will be even better.

mandrew

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of us have seen the cactus gray in person on the Ranger and Bronco Sport and it closer to the B&P image.
Good to hear. I’ll have to find a ranger or sport at a dealer and check it out. Thanks for the input!

Sponsored

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good to hear. I’ll have to find a ranger or sport at a dealer and check it out. Thanks for the input!
I park near a Ford dealership for work, and they've got a Cactus Grey Bronco Sport on the lot. I'm falling in love with the color the more I see of it.

I wasn't originally interested at all. But seeing how the green flashes in direct sunlight, the warmth of the gray next to silver and white vehicles, and the richness of the shade have really won me over. B&P is now quite accurate, IMO.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree there shouldn't be a ton of mistakes on material professionally done. On the other hand, some are making too big a deal of it IMO. Some of those complaining have spelling and grammar mistakes in their complaints. They obviously haven't proofread their own work.
Well it says the base comes with 4.46s when they're really getting 3.73s. They're probably referring to a 2 door manual and not a 4 door automatic but it isn't at all clear. I barely started reading it when I found it, who knows how many more there are. I'd be livid if I ordered something shown to be available and it was never a possibility.

Reactions: Axe

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Misprint on the Badlands and advanced 4x4, correct?
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Packaging Guide Screenshot_20210213-210323~2

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Active Nibble control is actually something Ford has had ever since the introduction of EPAS around 2010-2011. What it does is stop the feedback through the steering wheel from minor imperfections of on road driving, ie. Grooved Pavement or wear ruts. It's a dramatic difference on those long distance drives for hand fatigue.
I remember when enthusiasts WANTED feedback through the steering wheel from minor imperfections of on road driving. I would think this is highly desirable on a off-road 4x4. Maybe it's just me.

With nibble control and Ford Co-Pilot360™ technology − Auto High-Beam Headlamps − Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Pedestrian Detection and Forward Collision Warning with Dynamic Brake Support − Rear View Camera with backup assist grid lines, I'm starting to think the New Bronco is not for me. It's too cellphone-distracted-driver based oriented for me. I was thinking by including a manual transmission Ford was going a bit more retro and actually building a truck oriented to people who pay attention when they drive.

From the linked article...

"Active Nibble Control helps reduce vibrations that transfer through the steering wheel. This feature senses and eliminates the “shimmy” felt at high speeds when a wheel is out of balance or a brake rotor is warped." WTF. How is a driver now supposed to find out the vehicle he is driving has a tire or brake issue?

Ugh.
Sponsored

Last edited: