First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seriously, 6 inches pretty much anywhere in TX is like a foot and a half up north. I live in NH, but I grew up in Austin. They simply do not have the equipment to deal with snow, especially if it's long-lasting or in excess of an inch or two.

It's fun to minimize what they are going through, but I get to hear all you whiny ass Northerners cry any time the temperature goes above 89°. God forbid it hits 100°.
Eh, I grew up in the Deep South. When I went to Auburn I stayed there through the summers. You've never heard me whine about heat and never will.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To the Northerners that have no sympathy, get real. We just got power back after 40 hours here in Austin and now the water is shutting off.

I've lived in Montreal, been a ski instructor in Utah, and grew up in Colorado. Yeah this isn't much snow and it's not that cold.
But Texas homes are designed to shed heat, there are no snowplows, no salt, and the grid is not build to handle these conditions. Pipes are bursting all up and down my street and people have flooded homes.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To the Northerners that have no sympathy, get real. We just got power back after 40 hours here in Austin and now the water is shutting off.

I've lived in Montreal, been a ski instructor in Utah, and grew up in Colorado. Yeah this isn't much snow and it's not that cold.
But Texas homes are designed to shed heat, there are no snowplows, no salt, and the grid is not build to handle these conditions. Pipes are bursting all up and down my street and people have flooded homes.
We feel ya. And sorry if there was too much levity. My daughter is in Pensacola and it was in the 20's the other night. Their gas bill last month was $600!!! No, there is no insulation.....and have a client in the dark in Austin as well. Sad days.

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

My cousin moved down to Springfield for awhile and they had a big snowstorm. Everybody made fun of her because she was complaining about how terrible the roads were, she should be used to it.

"Well at home they have snowplows..."

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Arkansas Snow Day as well

Ford Bronco TEXAS SNOW DAY 7A1C9FEF-D83C-4B44-B312-2CCFDD1A054D

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vaquero61

Black Diamond
First Name
Irv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,F150,Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hurricanes, Fires, Drought, Floods,Snowmageddon and what's next; the Zoombie Apocalypse? Ford can't get us these Broncos soon enough for us to modify and outfit them for these Natural Diasters.

4555BE9D-2D6B-4EF8-A952-359ED65A3151.jpeg
Sponsored