Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Missed that post, my bad.

Apologies for the repetition.
These pics were taken Saturday on US 23 north near Ann Arbor MI by my wife while I was driving. Sorry it looks similar, thought folks might want to see.
Sponsored

Amcap76

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 2019 GT-350, 2004 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am planning to tow my 20' Center Console on a tandem axle trailer with trailer brakes behind my outerbanks with the 2.7L. While I am confident the Bronco is completely capable, I am sure it exceeds the official capacity.
Searched this entire thread. Surprised the "expert" didn't say this was photostopped again.
I’m surprised no one has photoshopped a broken down Wrangler onto that trailer.

OP
OP

Jseptor

First Edition
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m surprised no one has photoshopped a broken down Wrangler onto that trailer.
Dang, you guys are a tough crowd. Do people actually have time to photoshop old photos just to repost them here? I actually made an account to post these as I've been following here since placing my reservation because I thought folks might want to see what I saw....as I said to everyone saying this was reposted, these were taken by my wife while I was driving Saturday on US 23 N near Ann Arbor, MI. No, there wasn't snow in MI there, it's in the 40's and 50's this past weekend. No editing or touch up... she sent to me, I posted.

Amcap76

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 2019 GT-350, 2004 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang, you guys are a tough crowd. Do people actually have time to photoshop old photos just to repost them here? I actually made an account to post these as I've been following here since placing my reservation because I thought folks might want to see what I saw....as I said to everyone saying this was reposted, these were taken by my wife while I was driving Saturday on US 23 N near Ann Arbor, MI. No, there wasn't snow in MI there, it's in the 40's and 50's this past weekend. No editing or touch up... she sent to me, I posted.
Definitely appreciate the pics! For those of us who’ve yet to spot a new Bronco in the wild, these pics are a gift.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These pics were taken Saturday on US 23 north near Ann Arbor MI by my wife while I was driving. Sorry it looks similar, thought folks might want to see.
Interesting. There were then very similar pics taken some time ago of the same or similar rig, and from the same vantage point. I wonder if they’re using the same or different silver 4dr for the testing?

Sponsored

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Kia EV6, Mach E, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw my first one in the wild on Saturday a few miles from where this one was spotted but did not have time to snap a pic!

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am, actually, and thankfully, I'm right under the limit of 3500. My track car on a tow dolly should work just fine.

To be fair tho, it's lame that the Ranger gets 7500 lbs (given that it's *mostly* the same vehicle underneath). Hell, my wife's Subaru Ascent can actually tow a popup, and the Bronco can't. *sigh*
You should sell your slow beemer, buy a reliable miata, and tear it up in the twisties.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The reason Ford is giving a 3,500lb rating is simple. suspension, brakes, wheelbase. The engine/trans is capable of much more given the Ranger, or F150.

Does it have the power to tow more? Absolutely. Will it tow more safely and comfortably? Def not. Especially with tall sidewall/relatively small wheel size combo.

Can't have soft "off-road" suspension and safe heavier towing cap. Look at the Raptor. It's crap compared to properly equipped for towing F150.

That said I plan on doing a bit of towing right at or slightly over the "max", but slow speed, and short distances. Will be adding a brake controller to help with the brake dive. My 16' tandem axle with either my mower, or sxs will prob be a bit over the 3,500.

Last edited:

6SpeedBowtie

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Corvette, Sierra, MGB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best pics I could get from the car.

2021 Bronco trailering towing trailer 1.jpg
Not going to lie, the most I’ll be towing are the off-road toys (dirt bikes, quad, or sxs).

Anything more, and I’ll be using my truck. So, for me, actual towing capability isn’t a major concern.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You should sell your slow beemer, buy a reliable miata, and tear it up in the twisties.
The BMW *is* getting sold, actually. and I've already had a miata, so that ship has sailed. I already have the best canyon carver ever made anyways, not much need to get rid of it:
Ford Bronco Spotted Bronco conducting towing / trailering test in MI 1614618216928

anl

Badlands
First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No matter what it can or can’t do, someone will have a problem with it. I’m kinda pissed it can’t get me to Mars and back.
me 2..

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The photoshop references were from a conversation that came up when a similar photo was posted a while back. Someone saying he was an expert in graphic arts called out the photo as manipulated due to what he thought was an anomaly that turned out to be a crack in the windshield of the person taking the pic. It's become semi-famous because of that. 😄
Sponsored