Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We can include illinois/Indiana too.

But you'll probably end up moving here for lower taxes than Illinois anyway so it's a moot point.
Yeah, I grew up on the border near the Quad Cities. I have family throughout Iowa as well. I still don't see the taxes in larger areas all that different than the Illinois side. I've compared the total tax situation, while maybe a bit lower there really isn't that much of a difference to warrant me taking a 10's of thousands of dollars pay cut to move to Iowa. LOL

Good try though... 😂
Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Math looks like it checks out... And it's pretty common for us to discuss pricing based on Invoice on the forum (the previous discounts were also based off Invoice), so I think the assumption is that people are interested in what the savings is under Invoice (and not MSRP).
Could be - but lots of people don’t have deals under invoice. Neither is wrong.

But yes for a straight comp against your $2k his post is an easier apples-to-apples.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could be - but lots of people don’t have deals under invoice. Neither is wrong.

But yes for a straight comp against your $2k his post is an easier apples-to-apples.
FYI

I'm ZackDanger, not Zach@Granger.

Don't worry, sometimes I read his posts and think to myself "I don't remember saying that!"

;)

OP
OP
DealerInsider

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Tom your math is a little wonky... you calc'd your savings off invoice not MSRP. This example deal is 7.5% below MSRP so the savings is quite a bit more than you have stated with the $2,189 it's actually $4,266. Don't want you selling yourself short.

($52,529/$56,755)-1 = (7.45%)
thank u! i was trying to rush before a meeting...

i updated OFF MSRP and Under invoice

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am buying from @StephensAutoCenter but love what @Zach@Granger and @DealerInsider have done to extend the best offer to us customers as well. I think after I take delivery of my Bronco I will have a little ceremony in my garage where I hang a banner in the rafters for all 3 of these dealerships.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FYI

I'm ZackDanger, not Zach@Granger.

Don't worry, sometimes I read his posts and think to myself "I don't remember saying that!"

;)
Ha - perils of doing iPhone posting with no glasses. They should really get an app for the forum makes life much easier.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Many, many, many years ago stickers/MSRP weren't even posted on new cars. You had to ask the salesman what the price would be and haggle from there (and of course he could start at any price he thought you would believe).

Now that every 16-year-old knows how to research prices and customer reviews online, car dealers will have to move away from the antiquated slimey salesman business model as these kids are going to be there main customers soon.

These "kids" (and most of the rest of us) are less likely to put up with overpaying for a new truck off a dealer's lot and spending all day haggling over a price if they can order and ship the exact truck they want for less money and less hassle from somewhere else. Most of them will just want to buy a car by clicking "buy now" on their Amazon account if that were an option. 😉😉

Kudos to the dealers who are evolving!😍😍😍
@Zach@Granger
@DealerInsider
@EricAtKearnyMesaFord

(I know there were a couple of others, I just don't remember there user names right now. Steven's is one right?)

EDIT: Someone posted just ahead of me. I was spelling Stephen's wrong so the user name wasn't coming up.🤪

So add my kudos also to...
@StephensAutoCenter

Am I missing anyone else?

Last edited:

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why don't we draw a line at the Mississippi River and divide evenly from there? 🤣

We wish them the best! We'll take care of the Midwest, and we need a Dealership out West to step up.
@EricAtKearnyMesaFord sounds like he might be up for it.

I thought about buying with him, but I love Granger, and Albert, and Iowa, and decided to buy in Broncotown. Plus I love an excuse for a 3000 round-trip.

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So, I should cancel my reservation I made in Feb and start a new one on 3/21? I mean at this point I'm so far down the list, it really shouldn't matter.

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, I should cancel my reservation I made in Feb and start a new one on 3/21? I mean at this point I'm so far down the list, it really shouldn't matter.
I am wondering the same about my 1-21 reservation?

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don’t tell Lee.
Sponsored