Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I saw that about @flip as well. I hope all those that had dealings with those folks support them in the future. I’ll definitely buy parts from Ruxor and I’ll buy the warranty from @Zach@Granger . Zach will also get the next vehicle I buy as well but that could be a bit since I bought a Sport last year from him and his store.
Sorry. I'm late to the news but why is Ford cutting theier allocations? That seems really shitty.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sorry. I'm late to the news but why is Ford cutting theier allocations? That seems really shitty.
It’s a debit for 2023 extra allocations to clear out existing reservations.

And yes, it’s really shitty!

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Damn, just saw this about the allocations. Crappy way to treat dealers. I put in the PRP mgv seat covers. Quality is very nice, the vinyl is pretty thick. Install took a little over an hour or so for the first one then about 45 minutes for the second. Twisting my old high mileage shoulders to release the wire harness underneath to remove the seat was the most time consuming step. I'm going to see how they are before I commit to the rear seat. Light gray "Ostrich" for the seating area and medium for the sides and back. When you design the seat the PRP logo is on the headrest and you can choose "no logo" which I did bit they still come with a rubber prp logo patch on the back side. Not a deal breaker but I think no logo should mean no logo.

20230819_160010.jpg

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Damn, just saw this about the allocations. Crappy way to treat dealers. I put in the PRP mgv seat covers. Quality is very nice, the vinyl is pretty thick. Install took a little over an hour or so for the first one then about 45 minutes for the second. Twisting my old high mileage shoulders to release the wire harness underneath to remove the seat was the most time consuming step. I'm going to see how they are before I commit to the rear seat. Light gray "Ostrich" for the seating area and medium for the sides and back. When you design the seat the PRP logo is on the headrest and you can choose "no logo" which I did bit they still come with a rubber prp logo patch on the back side. Not a deal breaker but I think no logo should mean no logo.

Ford Bronco Chapman Of Horsham with @dealerinsider 20230819_160010
They look darker in real life, these look like cactus gray here lol

Todd308

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s a debit for 2023 extra allocations to clear out existing reservations.

And yes, it’s really shitty!
Can someone explain the allocation debit and credit etc? Is it basically saying their allocation should be 69 Bronco's but since they have 106 current orders they can't place any new ones?

So what does this mean for customers with existing orders with Chapman? It's my understanding that Ford won't convert orders anymore, so they just wait till Ford decides they can't fill all of their existing 23' orders and then a ton of allocation will open up for them when they are cancelled by Ford?

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Can someone explain the allocation debit and credit etc? Is it basically saying their allocation should be 69 Bronco's but since they have 106 current orders they can't place any new ones?

So what does this mean for customers with existing orders with Chapman? It's my understanding that Ford won't convert orders anymore, so they just wait till Ford decides they can't fill all of their existing 23' orders and then a ton of allocation will open up for them when they are cancelled by Ford?
It sounds like you understand it correctly. If your order isn’t filled in 23, it will be cancelled and you’ll have to start over and either wait until your dealer has allocations or find a new dealer with allocations.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They earned 69 orders for 2024, but they used ALL of their 2023 allocation and an additional 106 to fill current orders. In effect, they already used their 69 2024 allocations (and maybe into 2025) to fill their backlog of orders thru the end of 2023.

I wouldn't say 'a ton of allocations will open up for them when (unfilled 2023 orders) are cancelled by Ford'... I'll guess those '-106 debits' are already built/scheduled. I don't know how many unfilled 2023 orders they still have, maybe a dozen or two (wild guess).
Maybe Ford will try to accommodate customers whose 2023 orders get cancelled.

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just got a nice letter from the Commonwealth stating I owe additional tax on my vehicle purchase for the difference between the reported purchase price and the perceived Value of Asset, $51,725. I payed under $40,000 out the door. So, now I need to prove to the Commonwealth that's what I payed by sending them a copy of the bill of sale from Chapman or a check for $875.26. The government is out of control.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got a nice letter from the Commonwealth stating I owe additional tax on my vehicle purchase for the difference between the reported purchase price and the perceived Value of Asset, $51,725. I payed under $40,000 out the door. So, now I need to prove to the Commonwealth that's what I payed by sending them a copy of the bill of sale from Chapman or a check for $875.26. The government is out of control.
A friend of mine had the same situation, she picked hers up on May 4th from Chapman. She had to file an appeal or something. She did get excused for the extra tax.

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's crazy. Literally trying to tax me on money I did not spend. I could understand if it's a private sale person to person but a purchase from a established dealership? Serious overeach imo.

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They earned 69 orders for 2024, but they used ALL of their 2023 allocation and an additional 106 to fill current orders. In effect, they already used their 69 2024 allocations (and maybe into 2025) to fill their backlog of orders thru the end of 2023.

I wouldn't say 'a ton of allocations will open up for them when (unfilled 2023 orders) are cancelled by Ford'... I'll guess those '-106 debits' are already built/scheduled. I don't know how many unfilled 2023 orders they still have, maybe a dozen or two (wild guess).
Maybe Ford will try to accommodate customers whose 2023 orders get cancelled.
I got an email from Ashlie yesterday stating Chapman delivered 248 Broncos in the last 19 months and they received their allocations from Ford for MY24, ZERO. She said unless Ford decides to give them more allocations there is no sense in placing a '24 order so they won't be taking MY24 orders at this time. I had a '23 order with them that never got built so I guess I'm just SOL.

danf

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars and trucks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got an email from Ashlie yesterday stating Chapman delivered 248 Broncos in the last 19 months and they received their allocations from Ford for MY24, ZERO. She said unless Ford decides to give them more allocations there is no sense in placing a '24 order so they won't be taking MY24 orders at this time. I had a '23 order with them that never got built so I guess I'm just SOL.
Bizarre situation. It's unclear if Ford warned dealers that their future allocations would be debited. But even if dealers knew this would happen, why would Ford choose to debit one dealer's future allocation versus filling another dealer's current allocation in the current sales climate where all Broncos sell regardless of dealer.

I ordered from here too, but I probably would not have taken delivery due to the price. So I'm not too concerned about it. I did test drive a couple Jeeps the other day.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bizarre situation. It's unclear if Ford warned dealers that their future allocations would be debited. But even if dealers knew this would happen, why would Ford choose to debit one dealer's future allocation versus filling another dealer's current allocation in the current sales climate where all Broncos sell regardless of dealer.

I ordered from here too, but I probably would not have taken delivery due to the price. So I'm not too concerned about it. I did test drive a couple Jeeps the other day.
When Ford created the reservation system for Bronco in 2020 they allowed buyers to choose any dealer. Although it would make sense that Ford was aware that certain dealers were offering below MSRP deals and had taken hundreds of orders, no restrictions were made and probably couldn’t be legally made anyway. This is due to agreements dealers have with Ford and laws protecting dealers relationships with customers (buyers are customers of dealers, dealers are customers of Ford). Because of those same agreements/laws no MSRP or above dealer anywhere was willing to forgo Bronco sales from their dealership to let the discount dealers (Chapmans, Grangers, etc.) get all the sales, so Broncos were allocated to dealers based on a formula. Nevertheless, Ford still had all those pesky reservations to fill and decided that to end this shitshow they’d facilitated, they would give those dealers with remaining reservations extra allocations for MY ‘23 with the understanding that those dealers would not get any future allocations until the debt had been paid (number of extra allocations cancelled out by the calculated amount they would have normally received over time). I assume dealers had no choice but to accept those terms. Customers who couldn’t get their orders filled in ‘23 were to be left to pound sand and all remaining reservation holders were/are stressed and anxious hoping they get their Bronco before the end of the year at the price they negotiated. Good times.

greybrutus61

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When Ford created the reservation system for Bronco in 2020 they allowed buyers to choose any dealer. Although it would make sense that Ford was aware that certain dealers were offering below MSRP deals and had taken hundreds of orders, no restrictions were made and probably couldn’t be legally made anyway. This is due to agreements dealers have with Ford and laws protecting dealers relationships with customers (buyers are customers of dealers, dealers are customers of Ford). Because of those same agreements/laws no MSRP or above dealer anywhere was willing to forgo Bronco sales from their dealership to let the discount dealers (Chapmans, Grangers, etc.) get all the sales, so Broncos were allocated to dealers based on a formula. Nevertheless, Ford still had all those pesky reservations to fill and decided that to end this shitshow they’d facilitated, they would give those dealers with remaining reservations extra allocations for MY ‘23 with the understanding that those dealers would not get any future allocations until the debt had been paid (number of extra allocations cancelled out by the calculated amount they would have normally received over time). I assume dealers had no choice but to accept those terms. Customers who couldn’t get their orders filled in ‘23 were to be left to pound sand and all remaining reservation holders were/are stressed and anxious hoping they get their Bronco before the end of the year at the price they negotiated. Good times.
That was my experience through those years of waiting, I was so i was glad they decided to end the shitshow. I'm going to make a copy of your post to pull out when asks me how long did you wait for your Bronco?

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Soooo.... 9 months after I took delivery of my BaseSquatch, I get that same notice from the Pa Dept of Revenue! They're saying the average sales price is $55,992 and want another $1,057 for tax due. It was easy enough to fill out their forms online, but their 9 month delay is crazy. My paid price was $38,364 before taxes and fees, so no add'l tax required.

BTW, Chapman has a bunch of 2023 Broncos on their website with $4k+ discounts.
https://www.chapmanfordhorsham.com/new-vehicles/?_dFR[model][0]=Bronco&_dFR[type][0]=New

Hope you are all enjoying your Chapman Broncos!
Sponsored