Sponsored

Two door base, no stinking packages, crickets...

OP
OP
The Dmv

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's a ton of pictures of the base model if you look around. Use the search button and type in "base".
Thanks, will get on that. I think I’m just bitter that they don’t get much love compared to the dozer models.
Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everybody seems obsessed with all the off road packages, but lets be real about how much road driving it’ll do, right?!
That base is capable of going a lot more places offroad than 99% of Badlands and Squatch models will ever actually go.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like Rubicons, most people that are buying the Badlands are buying them for their luxurious tech that are available in them. Poor things will never see dirt outside of a soccer field or corn maze parking lot. That's ok though. I bet Base model Broncos will see much more off road terrain then the others.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 2D base totally rocks, easily would've gone that way were it not for wanting 4D space

But then you're forced into the auto, and you think, well, might as well get the 2.7. Then you think, well, big engine, let's not scrimp on drivetrain, plus there's those pesky dash buttons to fill up. And on top of that you can get big wheels that keep your Jeep brodozer friends clammed up while you're unloading golf clubs

POOF! Basequatch.

But the 2D true base is really more my style. But you know what they say...

1616402878355.png
I agree with you. I absolutely love the base Base and think it’s closest in look to a classic Bronco and by far the most bang for the buck but as you say, rear locker is nice, then better get 4A and wash out floor could be handy and then up the trim levels you go.

But damn that Halloween day driveway profile 2dr Base photo is sweet.

Sponsored

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have submitted my order for a simple cheap White base model. I did add the steel bumper, aux switches and floor mats. I plan to add a bigger raised white letter tire on the factory rims when it comes in. It will look and perform just fine for my needs.

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went two door base at the end. I could get the 2.7l auto and a whole lot of accessories for the same price as a basic 2.3 auto BigBend.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford Bronco Two door base, no stinking packages, crickets... 1616423424541

OP
OP
The Dmv

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went 2d base in Antimatter myself. I confess though, those washout floors are pretty cool. What sealed the deal on the 2d was the manual transmission, I really miss those!

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took my wife’s JLU wheeling last weekend and did some pretty decent obstacles (like 2 wheels off the ground stuff). On one, there was a lifted FJ Cruiser on 33s that was struggling and had to lock the rear diff. My Willys JLU made it absolutely no problem with just the traction control (and maybe the limited slip). The more I wheel that thing, the more I think basic traction control (brake actuated) is as good as a locker for about 99% of what most people do. I’m becoming more convinced that Rubicons/Badlands type packages are mostly for looks and status. Don’t get me wrong. I know those vehicles are incredibly capable, but they will never be asked to do as much as they can, or even what a base can do. I think the Squatch looks great, but I’m actually contemplating just a straight base model at this point.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Dmv

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Imagine believing the Sasquatch package is just a tire package
I know, don’t really think that. I just wanted the base to get some love and don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze on the Squatch.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like Rubicons, most people that are buying the Badlands are buying them for their luxurious tech that are available in them. Poor things will never see dirt outside of a soccer field or corn maze parking lot. That's ok though. I bet Base model Broncos will see much more off road terrain then the others.
My BL non-sas will see a ton of dirt and rocks. I spend 6 months a year with the RV parked in the desert or Rockies, I got my Damn AWD CR-V stuck about a dozen times taking it places where it had no business being!

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know, don’t really think that. I just wanted the base to get some love and don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze on the Squatch.
I mean you've got a lift kit (~$1800 from other manufacturers) the front and rear lockers (~$1400+) and the tires (~$2000+)

But if you just want a Bronco and 0 comforts or lockers there's no stopping you. Everyone is here to enjoy the Bronco, as much as we dig in Pavement Princesses at least they're still Broncos right?

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, why I got the non-sas BL, I do need good off road capabilities for my desert trips.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2 door, Manual Transmission, base model Cherokee has been doing stuff like this for the last 2 decades. It's about used up. The Torch will be passed to my 2door, Manual Transmission, base model Bronco.
The Cherokee has lockers, lower gears, and bigger tires, and some suspension upgrades that would have been nice to have with a factory warranty, and the labor to put it together. If I'm able to get what I want from the factory, then I will. The price for selectable lockers, better suspension, better wheels, and bigger tires, all backed by warranty and already installed is worth it to me.
Even if I got a base with no packages, I'd end up doing the stuff myself anyway.
Base looks great, but I need lockers, and I know it.

Ford Bronco Two door base, no stinking packages, crickets... 20210321_145931[1]

20210321_145931[1].jpg
Sponsored