mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like to see the bash plates and several other of your ideas come to life. Another idea maybe a bar that goes across the front of the roll bar to mount other accessories on like cb's and such. Some of us don't like items on the dash
Sponsored

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'd like to see the bash plates and several other of your ideas come to life. Another idea maybe a bar that goes across the front of the roll bar to mount other accessories on like cb's and such. Some of us don't like items on the dash
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're talking about an accessory mount that spans A Pillar to A Pillar. I think that's a sweet idea. I can do a mixture of slotted rails for mounting CBs, radar detector, dash cam, and other equipment and picatinny, like what's on the dash, to give you the option of mounting your equipment in either location. I love it! Keep the ideas coming.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the mod top, could create solid panels that go into the removable windows. Similar to the overlanding concept but with the ability to mount rotopax or recovery boards.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For the mod top, could create solid panels that go into the removable windows. Similar to the overlanding concept but with the ability to mount rotopax or recovery boards.
I can definitely see that. If that panel is inset just a little bit. Say the thickness of a Rotopax, you can mount both in that location and really only protrude beyond the side of the vehicle the thickness of the MaxTrax. Slight downside is the interior space you'd lose to the panel shape that accommodates the Rotopax, so a trade off.

Another mount location for MaxTrax would be on the spare tire. Easy access, doesn't make the rig any wider, and with the spare tire mounted, visibility out of the rear window is already compromised. May as well make it useless as a window.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add short shifter brackets and heavy shift knobs to your list, please! (edit - this for the manual transmission)

Sponsored

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're talking about an accessory mount that spans A Pillar to A Pillar. I think that's a sweet idea. I can do a mixture of slotted rails for mounting CBs, radar detector, dash cam, and other equipment and picatinny, like what's on the dash, to give you the option of mounting your equipment in either location. I love it! Keep the ideas coming.
Thats exactly what was meant. I'd like to see those panels for the mic top too

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's the benefit of using these amazing low weight high performance technologies.....for a Bronco?

I can see if you are building an extremely lightweight desert racer....

But 99% of users will daily drive, camp, ski, light trail, etc.
(of course the deflaters will be haters about this comment, but they are the 1%)

Even the deflaters wont need ultra lightweight components.

Who will? And why?
I would think stamped and breakformed steel bracketry, mounts, bumpers, etc are more in alignment with this application.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What's the benefit of using these amazing low weight high performance technologies.....for a Bronco?

I can see if you are building an extremely lightweight desert racer....

But 99% of users will daily drive, camp, ski, light trail, etc.
(of course the deflaters will be haters about this comment, but they are the 1%)

Even the deflaters wont need ultra lightweight components.

Who will? And why?
I would think stamped and breakformed steel bracketry, mounts, bumpers, etc are more in alignment with this application.
I hear what you're saying. Valid points. If you never plan to seriously off road, this probably isn't for you. On the other side of the coin, why tote around hundreds and hundreds of pounds of steel weight as underbody protection, if you dont have to? It's absolutely not a necessity to have, but neither is 90% of everything we add to vehicles.

Thermally bonded carbon is ultra durable, resists deformation, it will slide over rocks and stumps, if you do end up bashing against a boulder it'll scratch it but won't dent it. Aluminum will dent and deform. And every time it does, it gets weaker. Steel... you just make it thicker and it will weigh even more. In my younger days, I mechanic'd on heavy equipment. I know all about dropping heavy belly pans on equipment. Who wants to drop 200 lb skid plates when it comes time for maintenance when a 15 lb skid plate does the same job better? With the incorporation of Delignit, even those high contact, heavy wear areas will last longer due to being able to replace the small wear skids in those areas.

This material is becoming huge in UTVs and trail rigs. I've also been approached by JK and JL owners to build body protection panels out of this composite. It's lighter, more durable, and looks better (subjectively) than the typical tread plate that's on the market now.

It's 2021, I know my Bronco will eventually have composite skids. My Raptor will have composite skids. I'm already flat bottoming my GT350 with the same material, but much thinner. It's definitely not the least expensive of all the solutions, but it's by far the best. Did you read where I stated it was developed to mitigate IED explosions on military vehicles and protect the crew compartment? Below are pics of a .40" thick piece. That piece of composite weighs 4 oz. I put three rounds of 115 gr 9mm into it at point blank. No shattering, no sprawling, no penetration. It's amazing stuff. You can literally beat it with a sledge hammer until you wore yourself out. It'll be there, waiting for you to come back when you're ready. It's just a superior material.

image_67161857.JPG

image_67146753.JPG

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear what you're saying. Valid points. If you never plan to seriously off road, this probably isn't for you. On the other side of the coin, why tote around hundreds and hundreds of pounds of steel weight as underbody protection, if you dont have to? It's absolutely not a necessity to have, but neither is 90% of everything we add to vehicles.

Thermally bonded carbon is ultra durable, resists deformation, it will slide over rocks and stumps, if you do end up bashing against a boulder it'll scratch it but won't dent it. Aluminum will dent and deform. And every time it does, it gets weaker. Steel... you just make it thicker and it will weigh even more. In my younger days, I mechanic'd on heavy equipment. I know all about dropping heavy belly pans on equipment. Who wants to drop 200 lb skid plates when it comes time for maintenance when a 15 lb skid plate does the same job better? With the incorporation of Delignit, even those high contact, heavy wear areas will last longer due to being able to replace the small wear skids in those areas.

This material is becoming huge in UTVs and trail rigs. I've also been approached by JK and JL owners to build body protection panels out of this composite. It's lighter, more durable, and looks better (subjectively) than the typical tread plate that's on the market now.

It's 2021, I know my Bronco will eventually have composite skids. My Raptor will have composite skids. I'm already flat bottoming my GT350 with the same material, but much thinner. It's definitely not the least expensive of all the solutions, but it's by far the best. Did you read where I stated it was developed to mitigate IED explosions on military vehicles and protect the crew compartment? Below are pics of a .40" thick piece. That piece of composite weighs 4 oz. I put three rounds of 115 gr 9mm into it at point blank. No shattering, no sprawling, no penetration. It's amazing stuff. You can literally beat it with a sledge hammer until you wore yourself out. It'll be there, waiting for you to come back when you're ready. It's just a superior material.

image_67161857.JPG

image_67146753.JPG
Ok, I get that and appreciate that - lightweight and wont break.
but.... will it deflect?
Part of the advantage of steel or aluminum is that its structural - so it will hold up to a hit without deflecting. If it does bend, you hammer it back out.
I understand a composite will deflect and thus not crack, but the action of deflecting, exposes the thing its protecting to the forces of the rock or whatever.
So for example, your rear end or oil pan wont get scraped up - but a cast part could crack if the shield deflects exposing it to forces of the rock.
And I'm really not sure a steel (or aluminum) skid plate....would weigh 200 lbs. ... maybe Im wrong.
Anyway - beautiful product
I'm just struggling with how these technologies apply to the practical applications of a Bronco.

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe fenders and skid plates as opposed to bash plates.
I think theres gonna be a ton of wild fenders out there - of ABS and other materials.
I dont think companies will cut steel molds to make the wild fenders - too much investment.
But ABS molds can be cheapish

I look at a trophy truck - I dont see the main running gear protected by carbon fiber, I see fenders and skid plates.

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING is moving into BRONCO parts 1616546800568

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING is moving into BRONCO parts 1616546822282

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING is moving into BRONCO parts 1616546847960

Ford Bronco ARCHETYPE RACING is moving into BRONCO parts 1616546861554

Sponsored

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another item that would be nice is a mount for an ARB twin air compressor under the hood. I haven't seen much talk about that yet. If you could find a way to have a small tank mounted nearby or to the bracket I think it could be a big seller

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Neat stuff.

Spitballing my own hopes/ wishes here, but if you beat Ford to the punch with the so-called "Picatinny" accessory rail - or develop a kit to let those of us with lower-tier models install a dash-mounted power port in a neatly-finished fashion, a la OEM - betting you'd see some interest...
As someone posted in a different thread on what to make available in the aftermarket. The big time parts (rails, bash plates, etc.) Is awesome, but also sounds expensive. The little stuff (a picatinny rail solution😍) would probably be big business & high margin. My 2¢. Watching for what comes.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3’ x 4’ x 1/4” steel plate weighs 120-125 lbs... which is very manageable, until your laying on your back trying to get those last couple of bolts out. Being a welder, I’ll likely make my own stuff if I need it, but I can see where the composite stuff could be a far superior product on the underside if needed.

OP, do you intend to make carbon fiber fenders, and if so, do you think you’ll be doing the older squared off looking style with possibly having the flares molded in? It’s one of the very few things I’d consider buying.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to clog the thread, but if you had a YouTube of designing/making your stuff I would be all over that. Google Mike Patey. He is currently building a crazy bush plane that is basically all carbon fiber, and I can't stop watching. Fills the void between Bronco posts.
Sponsored