Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zach@Granger

My wife has a mid October reservation and was never contacted about ordering. I assumed you were not contacting post 9/18 reservations yet, but based on the language in this post, I'm not sure.

I want to make sure her order doesn't (didn't) fall through the cracks. Will her order have the 99 code and will you be reaching out to her when it's time to place MY22 orders?
I'm not Zach, but when they contacted me it was in my gmail spam folder. You may have already checked, but I figured I'd mention since this is actually the first time a legit email (that i cared about) has ended up in my spam.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the initial October special offer post;

You will not be the first person in your town to receive your Bronco in all likelihood. Delivery may not be until the 2022 model year. Ford has stated they will fill reservations before stock orders. But you will be at the end of the line of 165,000 and counting reservations.
From this thread;

Yeah, the only reason I phrased it as such was because when we opened the October special, we were very clear that you are 99.99% likely to be ordering for 2022. We didn't want to set unrealistic expectations.
I understand things change and memories are not perfect. I am sticking with Granger because I believe they are stand up people, however I do take exception with their current assertion that originally telling October folks that delivery may not be until the 2022 model year is equivalent to very clearly telling them that 99.99% would be pushed into 2022.

The situation now is the situation now, I don't have an axe to grind, perhaps aside from the feeling that my original concern was dismissed in a cavalier manner, I personally believe a Granger deal is worth the (potentially slightly longer than elsewhere) wait for the honesty and attendant peace of mind. My culture as a field construction engineer consists of rigid specifications, exact wording on contracts, and precision tempered by real world conditions. It is an interesting balance. The inflexible words on a page forced to flex when applied to physical items due to local conditions (things that flex survive, thing that are rigid eventually fail). In any event; I recognize that not everyone dissects the written word for information like I do, but Zach may want to consider that I may not be the only customer who misunderstood what they intended to convey in September (I really don't much care about a six month delivery date swing one way or the other) and understand their frustration at what they see now as the rug being pulled out from under them. It will take some time to process and they will be upset. They did not have insider info on the allocation formula or the initial numbers, did not know that the 30% of reservation allocations was only 30% of 165k and not of 190k, and were thinking they were looking at waiting for a few months of 2022, now they are being told a much longer wait, some an extra year (double the expected time). While the stated intention was to not set unrealistic expectations, I am here to tell you, they were set. Nobody blames Granger for Ford's choices on keeping reservation and allocation information proprietary. We get it. It will play out at just about all dealers as well. We get that too.

While Granger (in my opinion, correctly) is pleased with the allocation situation, many of their customers are mystified and angry thinking "How can Granger be happy when they are looking at reservations not being filled until 2023 unless there are huge changes in allocations?!". This is brand new to them, like finding out an old friend died six months ago. Those that knew back then have been healing, to those that just found out, their friend just died right now for them and the are just starting the grieving process. Not a great analogy, but I'm actually pressed for time now, hopefully it makes sense.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the initial October special offer post;

From this thread;

I understand things change and memories are not perfect. I am sticking with Granger because I believe they are stand up people, however I do take exception with their current assertion that originally telling October folks that delivery may not be until the 2022 model year is equivalent to very clearly telling them that 99.99% would be pushed into 2022.

The situation now is the situation now, I don't have an axe to grind, perhaps aside from the feeling that my original concern was dismissed in a cavalier manner, I personally believe a Granger deal is worth the (potentially slightly longer than elsewhere) wait for the honesty and attendant peace of mind. My culture as a field construction engineer consists of rigid specifications, exact wording on contracts, and precision tempered by real world conditions. It is an interesting balance. The inflexible words on a page forced to flex when applied to physical items due to local conditions (things that flex survive, thing that are rigid eventually fail). In any event; I recognize that not everyone dissects the written word for information like I do, but Zach may want to consider that I may not be the only customer who misunderstood what they intended to convey in September (I really don't much care about a six month delivery date swing one way or the other) and understand their frustration at what they see now as the rug being pulled out from under them. It will take some time to process and they will be upset. They did not have insider info on the allocation formula or the initial numbers, did not know that the 30% of reservation allocations was only 30% of 165k and not of 190k, and were thinking they were looking at waiting for a few months of 2022, now they are being told a much longer wait, some an extra year (double the expected time). While the stated intention was to not set unrealistic expectations, I am here to tell you, they were set. Nobody blames Granger for Ford's choices on keeping reservation and allocation information proprietary. We get it. It will play out at just about all dealers as well. We get that too.

While Granger (in my opinion, correctly) is pleased with the allocation situation, many of their customers are mystified and angry thinking "How can Granger be happy when they are looking at reservations not being filled until 2023 unless there are huge changes in allocations?!". This is brand new to them, like finding out an old friend died six months ago. Those that knew back then have been healing, to those that just found out, their friend just died right now for them and the are just starting the grieving process. Not a great analogy, but I'm actually pressed for time now, hopefully it makes sense.
Also from the Granger thread you quotes:

• When can I expect my October Reservation? Ford has announced that the Bronco has 165,000 reservations and counting and they anticipate 75% of those reservations to convert to orders. They have also stated that some of these orders may be filled as a 2022 model year vehicle. So based on that math, they are predicting a little over 130,000 Bronco’s to be sold already carrying into the 2022 model year and you should anticipate your order to be filled then.
Your perception is your perception, but I have to say that you and I had *very* different takeaways about what was widely said and understood on the forum.

I’m sorry that you’re becoming disillusioned, but I was telling my S.O. As early as October 1st, when I made my October reservation, that we wouldn’t be seeing the Bronco until 2022.

I mean, how many times have we broken the news to people on this forum that even their 3rd day reservation was unlikely to garner them a MY21?

I don’t feel that anything has been misrepresented or that there has been any revisionist history.

From where I’m sitting it seems like you’d been holding out for an absolute best-case-scenario, and now that things are panning out the way we’ve collectively been expecting all along, you’re frustrated.

I feel ya, and I’m sorry... it’s just that I think you’re in a significant minority here about what we were expecting.

Last edited:

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The way I’m understanding this is that Granger’s allocation percentage for MY21 is at least on par, if not better, than the national average.

That means of the Broncos that are produced, a disproportionately greater number will go to Granger.

We already know that Ford physically can not produce enough Broncos to meet demand quickly. If your math shows that some people will be waiting until MY23 for their Bronco, then it has nothing to do with Granger being Granger. All dealers, great and small would be in the same situation.

(a dealer with 1000 orders and 20 pushed out to MY23 vs a dear with 100 orders and 2 pushed out to MY23).

Having a reservation at Granger makes you no more likely to be waiting until MY23 than if you moved your reservation somewhere else. In fact, if that allocation percentage is higher than the national average, you’re less likely.

Ignore the size of the numbers and focus on the percentages.
Yeah, the most sobering aspect of this thread has been that it’s going to take a very long time for people to see a Bronco, no matter what dealer they ordered from.

One local dealer here told me they have 160 reservations and expect 40 vehicles this year. That means there are 120 reservations moving to 2022... will that dealer get enough vehicles? Nobody knows.

But Granger has attracted a relatively huge number of orders that may not translate into allocations to fulfill those orders. It would have seemed risky to me on the surface. But after reading the OP, and digesting those numbers, it’s crystal clear. It’s very unlikely Granger will fulfill all current reservations until well into 2023.

This is not a guess on my part... that’s the numbers they provided.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, the most sobering aspect of this thread has been that it’s going to take a very long time for people to see a Bronco, no matter what dealer they ordered from.

One local dealer here told me they have 160 reservations and expect 40 vehicles this year. That means there are 120 reservations moving to 2022... will that dealer get enough vehicles? Nobody knows.

But Granger has attracted a relatively huge number of orders that may not translate into allocations to fulfill those orders. It would have seemed risky to me on the surface. But after reading the OP, and digesting those numbers, it’s crystal clear. It’s very unlikely Granger will fulfill all current reservations until well into 2023.

The point though is the numbers also show that there is nothing unique about Granger. They are getting the same proportional allocation as other dealers.

If they attracted a smaller numbers of orders, they would have proportionally smaller allocation... and proportionally the same number waiting for final delivery once Ford gets their manufacturing ramped all the way up in MY22.

People are acting like this proves their claims Granger was a bad move, when in reality, it proves the opposite.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the Canadian drive-bys using selective logic in a Granger thread. 😅

Here, let me help you...

Will Ganger get enough vehicles?

“Nobody knows.”

What about your local dealer who told you they have 160 reservations and expect 40 vehicles this year, which means there are 120 reservations moving to 2022?

“It’s crystal clear. It’s very unlikely they will fulfill all current reservations until well into 2023.”

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the Canadian drive-bys using selective logic in a Granger thread. 😅

Here, let me help you...

Will Ganger get enough vehicles?

“Nobody knows.”

What about your local dealer who told you they have 160 reservations and expect 40 vehicles this year, which means there are 120 reservations moving to 2022?

“It’s crystal clear. It’s very unlikely they will fulfill all current reservations until well into 2023.”
You may have missed my point. I was demonstrating that the same problem exists even at smaller Canadian dealers.

Granger has just provided more transparency than anyone else which makes things less uncertain, but equally bleak.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a hard time seeing any dealership not fulfilling all reservations prior to the end of 2022 MY. Ford has 120-125,000 converted orders. That's 12-13 months production. 2021 allocated 6 months of that production out.

Our converted orders our backloaded with so many in October. This provides a disproportionately large amount to be filled in 2022. But it's how our strategy was set up. I'm very confident we'll be able to fill all demand by the end of 2022 model year.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a hard time seeing any dealership not fulfilling all reservations prior to the end of 2022 MY. Ford has 120-125,000 converted orders. That's 12-13 months production. 2021 allocated 6 months of that production out.

Our converted orders our backloaded with so many in October. This provides a disproportionately large amount to be filled in 2022. But it's how our strategy was set up. I'm very confident we'll be able to fill all demand by the end of 2022 model year.
*I'm confident ANY dealer would be able to fill demand by the end of 2022.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a glass half full kind of guy and usually hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

What happens to Granger Ford (or any other dealer who took orders with little down) if they start getting a shitload of Broncos delivered and half of the people when told their Bronco has arrived say, "you know what, I couldn't wait any longer so I bought something else."

I know its a big "what if" but are you allowed to offer it to the next guy in line who ordered the same build? Is Ford going to cut you some slack since they created this mess? Or do you end up with orders getting pushed out a couple more months because of the 20% rule?

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a glass half full kind of guy and usually hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

What happens to Granger Ford (or any other dealer who took orders with little down) if they start getting a shitload of Broncos delivered and half of the people when told their Bronco has arrived say, "you know what, I couldn't wait any longer so I bought something else."

I know its a big "what if" but are you allowed to offer it to the next guy in line who ordered the same build? Is Ford going to cut you some slack since they created this mess? Or do you end up with orders getting pushed out a couple more months because of the 20% rule?
Zach answered your question in the link below...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...name-match-integrity-policy.14209/post-520832

In other words, he plans to cancel unwanted orders, so your order will move up in line.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zach answered your question in the link below...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...name-match-integrity-policy.14209/post-520832

In other words, he plans to cancel unwanted orders, so your order will move up in line.
So I think that addresses if they know about the intent not to take the delivery before it shows up which makes sense. I also think it answers my question in that it implies that if the person cancels at delivery the dealer will have to go through the appeals process with Ford.

Reactions: abe

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I get 2023 timing for my October order sent to me in May, I’ll likely cancel my order. Granger has been great, I don’t blame them. 200 out of 1300 is a very bad sign and I think I made a mistake canceling my local 9/19 order.
Some people warned months ago that this was likely to happen. That didn't go over very well with the believers. Now, you know the rest of the story.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I think that addresses if they know about the intent not to take the delivery before it shows up which makes sense. I also think it answers my question in that it implies that if the person cancels at delivery the dealer will have to go through the appeals process with Ford.
He would only have to go through the appeals process if he were in danger of running over the policy limit. There will always be some last-minute cancellations that he cannot predict, but the policy allows for that.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think most of us here feel that Ford will have all reservations filled by the end 2022, only a select number seem to overthink, over analyze this situation ...

In the end we are all buying a toy- no one needs it , we all want it- simple as that...
Sponsored