djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure if you guys/gals heard, but Ford is not going to do a painted hard top anymore for 2021 Model year (BREAKING NEWS!!!!!)

Hardtop/Headliner - So we've had quite a few calls/emails about it and we're doing our best to respond. We have quite a few orders to work through and will be contacting those with dual top/painted tops to see how they want to move forward with a 2021 or 2022 MY option. We're still working through how this will impact everyone and we have a realatively short window to make sure that gets done. Our plan is to contact every customer before their order is scheduled as well to triple check all options, so nothing falls through the cracks.

In regards to the headliner you will fall into one of 3 categories.
1. If you already have a hardtop headliner the price will automatically be reduced to reflect the new MSRP.
2. You have a cloth interior and want a no cost hardtop headliner - This will automatically updated by Ford, no need to contact us.
3. You have a marine grade vinyl interior and want to add the headliner. Please contact us to get your Bronco updated, this won't automatically happen and we want to make sure we get it on for you.

Allocation - We were pleased with our overall allocation. As of today we have over 1300 total reservations. These consist of 642 Before the 9/19 allocation cutoff window and 650+ after the allocation cutoff window (October/March specials). If you are in those later windows, that doesn't automatically exclude you from getting a 2021 Bronco, but its only likely you'll get one if you have a lower end trim without any restrictions (i.e. Big bend, soft top, 4 cylinder, etc).

Our final tally on pre September 19th orders laid out like this
425 Orders placed for 2021.
145 Orders placed in "99" status for 2022.
72 orders without permission to convert, no commitment, or didn't contact us back.

Our 2021 Allocation ended up at 203 total which should allow us to fill 48% of our 2021 orders. This 425 count is without the possibility of defection for people who will move to 2022 for a painted hard top. Assuming there is a small percentage of fallout becuase of the top, we're excited to fill approximately 50% of our 2021 orders! If you are interested in where you fall, we really don't have an answer right now and probably won't until May when you find out. Moving parts with top change, commodity restraints, etc. It is next to impossible for us to tell. There is a possibility of even an October reservation being scheduled because of commodity restrictions potentially.

2022 MY Allocation - We don't have an answer on this yet, but common sense would dictate it would be a combination of the existing factors + 2021 MY sales. Based on math (60,000 estimated 2021 Bronco Production / 3000 Dealers estimated nationwide) receiving over 200+ sales for 2021 should help maximize our allocation for 2022. That combined with a high number of 2022 reservation should keep us very busy for 2022 MY! Production capacity is doubling going to 12 months and usually a quicker turn after initial launch should allow us to receive a large chunk of 2022 MY orders. Obviously, based on our marketing strategy, we are really gearing up for 2022. Just doubling production would lead us to 400+ Broncos, but potentially filling 600-800 orders is possible depending on reservation fallout between now and 2022 MY.

Price Protection - Whether you have an existing reservation or have placed an order you will receive price protection if you are pushed to a 2022 model year. This is based upon your reservation timestamp Before 3/19/21. No need to worry about when you converted your order.

Finally, I want to thank Ford for how they handled the issue with the hard top. I think it is easy to lose sight of the fact that Ford is not manufacturing the tops. They are reliant upon vendors and I'm sure they don't want to rush a product to market if it is substandard. I would rather them wait and streamline the process. Whether its a quality issue or additional manufacturing complexity, I'd rather take it slow and get it right. They have to take the heat even though it ultimately may not be their fault.

As always, thanks for the support!

Zach
Zach, great info, and 203 is a good pull. If this was a perfect world and there were no constraints and everything played out, what date depth to you see the order fulfill at? Originally your team was thinking allocations would satisfy reservations/orders up to day-2 at noon (July 15 1200 EST). With these allocation numbers do you hypothesize that you may get to day-3?

EDIT: Better questions:
How many conversions did the fabulous Granger have for Day-1, Day-2, Day-3, Day-4 (july 14-17).

Best,
dp
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The second guy was pretty smart (y), but the first guy was way off 😂.

Show me dealers with 9/18 reservation timestamps within 21MY allocations. Many dealers can only cover first week reservations. Some can’t even cover Day 3 reservations.

Generally, people don’t like to hear someone else say, “Told ya!” So when someone says, “You were warned,” I like to check to see what the warnings actually were, in case someone is cherry-picking their data.
How does Granger’s 203 allocations line up to their orders reservation date? I see one post from Zach say that a 7/18 Wildtrak looks like MY22 to him unless a lot of people move to MY22 for mod top. That doesn’t seem to indicate that Granger can cover their first week of orders.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does Granger’s 203 allocations line up to their orders reservation date? I see one post from Zach say that a 7/18 Wildtrak looks like MY22 to him unless a lot of people move to MY22 for mod top. That doesn’t seem to indicate that Granger can cover their first week of orders.
I don’t know? You would have to ask Zach.

It wouldn’t surprise me if a Wildtrak order with a 7/18 time stamp ends up being 22MY at many dealers, given how many commodity constraints are in the Wildtrak trim (e.g., 2.7L, auto, Sasquatch). Many Wildtrak buyers also want Lux, too.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t know? You would have to ask Zach.

It wouldn’t surprise me if a Wildtrak order with a 7/18 time stamp ends up being 22MY at many dealers, given how many commodity constraints are in the Wildtrak trim (e.g., 2.7L, auto, Sasquatch). Many Wildtrak buyers also want Lux, too.
I was just curious if Granger was getting further into their orders than other dealers. Sounds like no one knows besides the dealers themselves.

Im still under the impression that a lot of people that chose Granger are choosing price over speed of delivery with the speed, quality, cost - choose 2 deal. My only rationale for that is the allocation process wasn’t made to benefit Granger.

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Im still under the impression that a lot of people that chose Granger are choosing price over speed of delivery with the speed, quality, cost - choose 2 deal. My only rationale for that is the allocation process wasn’t made to benefit Granger.
But it kinda has. Basically all dealers were given that 30% number as an initial estimate. Now that they've actually gotten their orders in they've jumped up to 48%.

I haven't really seen much talk from other dealers, but if you've seen any examples of them getting significantly more than initially estimated I'd be interested to hear.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But it kinda has. Basically all dealers were given that 30% number as an initial estimate. Now that they've actually gotten their orders in they've jumped up to 48%.

I haven't really seen much talk from other dealers, but if you've seen any examples of them getting significantly more than initially estimated I'd be interested to hear.
203 allocations is 48% is of MY21 orders they have. If it’s all pre-9/18 reservactions, that 203 is 32%. 203 of their pre-9/18 confirmed orders is 36%. Granger never posted their initial allocation. Maybe it’s better or maybe it’s worse than other dealers, but the 30% to 48% seems a little apples to oranges to me. Initial allocation to final allocation seems a better comparison to me.

Allocation may not be much of a factor but I personally think it is not favoring people seeking deals. I don’t think allocation was created to help dealers and customers with the best prices get their Broncos faster. Additionally, commodity constraints may play a bigger factor for many.

Im just noting my observations. If people are happy with their dealer, then that is what matters.

Ive also reached out to my dealer to see where I currently stand. Will report back if I hear anything. Haha.

sanger

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Land Rover LR4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What I still don't understand is that since all First Editions are by definition 21's, isn't the # of FE orders a pretty key factor in determining what's leftover after that for other builds? Or has that question already been answered.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For comparison purposes and possibly stir the pot since that is what we do here.....I reserved 7/14 1:08 am est and I'm #6 in line at my dealer that has 40 allocations. And I got invoice pricing.
Not sure what that has to do with anything?

you’re in allocations and got what you feel is a fair price. Good for you???

Here is a cookie ;)

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never understood the motivation for other forum members to make “drive-by” comments in dealer threads (e.g., told ya so, you were warned, you should have known)?

People don’t realize that flippant comments like that are not well received by the customers in that thread who actually have skin in the game. It’s akin to driving through a residential neighborhood at 50 miles an hour just because it cuts 15 minutes off your daily commute. The locals don’t appreciate it, because they live there and their kids often play near the streets.

Here are a couple of other data points for you to mull over:

1. Tom had a massive increase in his final allocation number, but it still doesn’t cover all of his Day 2 reservations...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ice-chapman-ford-of-horsham.11412/post-524725

2. Nathan got allocation through 7/15, but after those waiting for 22 tops, he thinks he’ll get to 7/17...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...on-numbers-going-to-dealers.14356/post-528632

Demand is greater than supply, folks. It is what it is. đŸ€·â€â™‚ïž

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have never understood the motivation for other forum members to make “drive-by” comments in dealer threads (e.g., told ya so, you were warned, you should have known)?

People don’t realize that flippant comments like that are not well received by the customers in that thread who actually have skin in the game. It’s akin to driving through a residential neighborhood at 50 miles an hour just because it cuts 15 minutes off your daily commute. The locals don’t appreciate it, because they live there and their kids often play near the streets.

1. Tom had a massive increase in his final allocation number, but it still doesn’t cover all of his Day 2 reservations...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ice-chapman-ford-of-horsham.11412/post-524725

2. Nathan got allocation through 7/15, but after those waiting for 22 tops, he thinks he’ll get to 7/17...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...on-numbers-going-to-dealers.14356/post-528632

But , but you should have done what I did. I stuck with my local dealer that I’ve been sooooo loyal to. They take care of me and give me great service and a great price, MSRP.

What know one has told me is that I’ll probably get my bronco at the same time as ya’ll ;)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

You seem to be taking this thread a little too personally. When I made my comment months ago, it seemed pretty clear they would end up not being able to fulfill orders in a reasonable time. Not that they are a bad dealer, just no way they could ever get allocation for that many orders. Many still insisted keeping the blinders on and here we are.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You seem to be taking this thread a little too personally. When I made my comment months ago, it seemed pretty clear they would end up not being able to fulfill orders in a reasonable time. Not that they are a bad dealer, just no way they could ever get allocation for that many orders. Many still insisted keeping the blinders on and here we are.
Sorry... is any other dealer able to? Seems like they are all in the same situation to me. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, I wasn’t referring to you on that reply. You and I exchanged posts a while back, and we both said our piece. I didn’t take what you said personally. I understand your perspective, and I was just teasing you with my reply about the “two guys”.

On this last post, I was speaking more generally about comments in dealer threads, but more importantly, pointing to actual data that shows that allocations are limited across multiple dealers.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Absolutely. When May rolls around and buyers get their estimated build/delivery dates, a bunch of people who need a vehicle sooner will cancel.
Sponsored