Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if I choose the "Wait for black painted modular hard top or dual top roof option for 2022 model year" option, that I can eventually just change it to a white top?????

Anyone care to give me your thoughts on this?
I am sure you would be able to do that. Its when that I do not have any idea
:D

Nice Rubicon!!!
What Year and how many miles?

The TJ Rubicon's were the best.
Sponsored

scrapple

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2005 lj 38000

I am sure you would be able to do that. Its when that I do not have any idea
:D

Nice Rubicon!!!
What Year and how many miles?

The TJ Rubicon's were the best.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow, I did not see that it was the LJ vs TJ.
That's a keeper

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who's Abe? Does he work for Ford? Is this 100% factual? I'm just hoping at least by May when we find out our time frames Ford addresses this.
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/#faqs

What happens to customers who have to wait until 22MY?

Due to the high number of Bronco two- and four-door reservations, deliveries are expected to extend into the 2022 Model Year. These customers can expect new roof options, exterior paint colors, vehicle options, and special editions to be made available. The customers reservation timestamp will remain with their order for scheduling priority in 22MY.

And the reason i need to reorder/update in December:

Why isnā€™t the Sasquatch manual transmission available in the Build & Price?

As mentioned in our announcement, Sasquatch expanding to manual transmission-equipped Bronco models will now be a 2022 model year option. Build & Price will be updated at that time.

Last edited:

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely nothing from Ford of Canada, as usual.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Itā€™s been well established by now that not only can one edit or modify their order up until the VIN is assigned... but also when ordering transitions to MY22, anyone left will basically have to submit an updated order with whatever MY22 options there are.

So youā€™ll be able to add any new options that become available, and youā€™ll have to remove anything that is no longer available.

Normally youā€™d also assume whatever price increases there are, but Ford announced no increase in MSRP for an ā€œequivalentā€ Bronco.

For reference, this is also how it works for any other Ford vehicle order that slips over into a new model year.
This is the bit that has me worried now. Iā€™m a status 99 order at granger so Sean just converted my original reservation which is for a BD but Iā€™m actually wanting a base... I e-mailed Sean and mentioned I was worried about the price lock and he said they would fix it when it came time to order the 2022s. Do I go to Zach or Albert? Am I worrying about nothing? I assume a model change would be not ā€œequivalentā€.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has ford said anything about reservations still taking priority in 22?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the bit that has me worried now. Iā€™m a status 99 order at granger so Sean just converted my original reservation which is for a BD but Iā€™m actually wanting a base... I e-mailed Sean and mentioned I was worried about the price lock and he said they would fix it when it came time to order the 2022s. Do I go to Zach or Albert? Am I worrying about nothing? I assume a model change would be not ā€œequivalentā€.
The way I interpret is basically, if your MY22 is being purchased from a pre-March reservation, and itā€™s specā€™d in a way that was available in MY21 (options, colors, etc), you would be charged the MY21 price.

If you selected MY22 options, or your reservation was after that date, your subject to MY22 pricing.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
The way I interpret is basically, if your MY22 is being purchased from a pre-March reservation, and itā€™s specā€™d in a way that was available in MY21 (options, colors, etc), you would be charged the MY21 price.

If you selected MY22 options, or your reservation was after that date, your subject to MY22 pricing.
Hmm that makes a lot of sense. The one thing thatā€™s throwing me for a loop now is this from the email- ā€œOrder Updates Due April 8
With these product updates, you now have until April 8, 2021 to work with your dealer to update/modify your order.ā€ Is that just the deadlines for early day 1 reservations to modify before production starts? I interpreted all of this to mean that they didnā€™t want you going out and changing your order around after seeing them in person. But as I say it (errr write it) that doesnā€™t really make a ton of sense for them to even care if you change how you spec it (beyond the MY22 options bit you mentioned). Most likely people will want The more expensive model when they test drive it if anything...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm that makes a lot of sense. The one thing thatā€™s throwing me for a loop now is this from the email- ā€œOrder Updates Due April 8
With these product updates, you now have until April 8, 2021 to work with your dealer to update/modify your order.ā€ Is that just the deadlines for early day 1 reservations to modify before production starts? I interpreted all of this to mean that they didnā€™t want you going out and changing your order around after seeing them in person. But as I say it (errr write it) that doesnā€™t really make a ton of sense for them to even care if you change how you spec it (beyond the MY22 options bit you mentioned). Most likely people will want The more expensive model when they test drive it if anything...
In the full FAQ, it sounds to me that the April deadline is specific to changing to MIC or Soft Top to get in for a MY21 build.

Later in the FAQ Ford explicitly says you can change your order all the way up until your build is scheduled. (Just like any other Ford retail order, youā€™re welcome to modify your order up until the VIN is assigned.)

Extrapolating I bet Ford will start planning their full MY21 build plans starting April 9th or thereabouts. Thatā€™s why they want all the intended MY21 builds in by then. If your order has any MY22 only items sitting in it, it will be earmarked for MY22.

(Just the same as the March deadline for first quarter scheduling that just passed... it was just the deadline to get your order squared away for this group of builds... but since they announced this top problem, they had to give people some time to modify their order if they want, but they had to draw a deadline somewhere)

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the full FAQ, it sounds to me that the April deadline is specific to changing to MIC or Soft Top to get in for a MY21 build.

Later in the FAQ Ford explicitly says you can change your order all the way up until your build is scheduled. (Just like any other Ford retail order, youā€™re welcome to modify your order up until the VIN is assigned.)

Extrapolating I bet Ford will start planning their full MY21 build plans starting April 9th or thereabouts. Thatā€™s why they want all the intended MY21 builds in by then. If your order has any MY22 only items sitting in it, it will be earmarked for MY22.
Makes sense, seems I was really reading between the lines... Haha. Yeah Iā€™m already a code 99 order I just wanted to make darn sure I got the 2021 price because that was a concern of mine.

thank you very much for the help!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

just sent in my order update on my BL MIC this morning. Also so nice to work with a dealer who has great customer support for the Bronco orders. Two Rivers Ford.

Ford Bronco Ford Sends Out Bronco Order Update Email Offering Price Protection and Complimentary Sound Deadening Headliner 1617031966665
Sponsored