Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Heritage, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Comparing the B&P pricing for Big Bend Vs Outer Banks, I believe the 4.27 rear axle ratio is tied to the selection of rear locking differential and automatic transmission.
For the Big Bend, selecting the rear locker with manual transmission keeps the 4.46:1 axle ration, and adds $495 to the build. For the Outer Banks, selecting rear locker changes the axle ratio to 4.27:1 (from 3.73:1, the open rear axle ratio with auto), and adds $795 to the build. Selecting the advanced 4x4 adds another $795 to the Outer Banks build (advanced 4x4 is only available on Big Bend as part of the Sasquatch package).
So for Outer Banks what I see is:
Advanced 4x4 adds $795
Rear locker adds $495 (based on BB pricing)
Rear axle ratio change adds $300 (mandatory with the auto trans/rear locker combo), so $495 + 300 = $795, although not stated explicitly in the B&P.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Comparing the B&P pricing for Big Bend Vs Outer Banks, I believe the 4.27 rear axle ratio is tied to the selection of rear locking differential and automatic transmission.
For the Big Bend, selecting the rear locker with manual transmission keeps the 4.46:1 axle ration, and adds $495 to the build. For the Outer Banks, selecting rear locker changes the axle ratio to 4.27:1 (from 3.73:1, the open rear axle ratio with auto), and adds $795 to the build. Selecting the advanced 4x4 adds another $795 to the Outer Banks build (advanced 4x4 is only available on Big Bend as part of the Sasquatch package).
So for Outer Banks what I see is:
Advanced 4x4 adds $795
Rear locker adds $495 (based on BB pricing)
Rear axle ratio change adds $300 (mandatory with the auto trans/rear locker combo), so $495 + 300 = $795, although not stated explicitly in the B&P.
Where are you seeing 300 figure? Or are you backing into it to get to 795?

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Heritage, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Backing it in, it's the difference between BB rear locker with no ratio change @ $495 vs OB rear locker with the mandatory ratio change @ $795.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If auto 4wd is extra, then...
OBX 2.7 4 dr leather lux, floor liner, aux switches, auto 4wd, 4.27 gearing, rack, mic, steel bumper, sound deadening is 54,950.

BL 2.7 lux, MGV, floor liner, and rack and sound deadening (assuming bought from dealer) is 56,375.

Difference is only 1,425. While skipping out BL content of tires, lift, heavy duty axles, rear steel bumper, higher gearing, front locker, disco bar....versus power seats and a rear middle arm rest with cup holders on OBX

The difference of 1,400 is immediately lost on tire upgrade on OBX, and even then that’s restricted to E load.

so if GVWR is true, and I need to build up an OBX to forego BL to add a cargobox and more payload, I’ll be in an OBX for 1,500 more than a BL (if I end up needing to get 17 rims for C load tires)...but with no lift, no front lockers, and no sway bar disco....that majorly sucks. Spending 1,500 more, while giving up 3k of content. All due to weight issues.

Last edited:

bbacon05

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After months of going back and forth, I've finally settled on my build:
2 Door Area 51
Roast Cloth
Aux Switches
Lux Pacakge
2.7 V6
Sasquatch Package
$51,920
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Build- Post your OBX Build vehicle

Sponsored

Nicky107

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Resurrecting this thread to ask how many of you went non-sass and kept the 3.73? Or opted for the 4.27?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The day they changed the 4.27 with 4WD from $795 to $795+$795 was the day i changed over to the sasquatch.

Qman68

Outer Banks
First Name
Q
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang V6 prem, 98 Jeep Cherokee LTD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know.. I always get leather and really like the Navy Pier Leather, but ugh...pricey. It would be a no-brainer if it included the 10 way power like the 4 door. But I guess due to the rear seat access, it can’t have power. I’m taking the rear seats out anyway for the dogs to have more room
Most Mustangs have power seats, and they're much cheaper. Ford gave the 2 door enthusiasts the middle finger on this one gang.

Qman68

Outer Banks
First Name
Q
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang V6 prem, 98 Jeep Cherokee LTD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Resurrecting this thread to ask how many of you went non-sass and kept the 3.73? Or opted for the 4.27?
non-sass, 4.27...couldn't see getting a Bronco without a locking rear diff, also upgraded the transfer case. Canadian winters and 4A seemed practical.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went non-Sas with the 4.27 and 2.7L. I'm coming from an Audi S3 so I didn't want to give up all acceleration and figure the larger engine/lower gear ratio/4A will be a good trade-off. Plus The 4.27 gears will be better when I undoubtedly want to get bigger tires.

Sponsored

Deleted member 19578

A thread to post your final build of the Outer Banks
  • 4dr, Area 51
  • MIC Hardtop
  • Sound Deadening
  • Paint Protection
  • Leather - Space Gray/Navy Pier
  • Floor Liners
  • Lux Pkg
  • $50,375

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Build- Post your OBX Build vehicle
You have my exact build for the outer banks, but then I went with the Badlands. I'm still mentally going back and forth as maybe the outer banks will drive better on the road?

Nicky107

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed. I didn’t want to be set back later when I decided to change to the bigger tires in the future. Going with the 4.27 but opting out of the 12” screen.
Can’t see myself paying 1300 for the screen. Idk. It’s still a toss up
-obx ox white
-cloth pier (with option to change to katskin in the future)
-mic
-mid pkg
-keypad(for leaving the keys when I go tubing/kayaking the rivers)
-tow pkg
This is close to the bend bend. The sig lights is something I want. But the silverish look of the dash over black was a decision maker between the two trims. If the BD had sig lights I’d be all over it. Crazy how that was a decision maker. Lol. Picky mf

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

• 4dr, Area 51
  • MIC Hardtop
  • Sound Deadening (Free)
  • Aux switches
  • Navy cloth seats
  • Tow capable
  • High pac
I made sure not to order and of the deadly sins

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Build- Post your OBX Build 1617816596170

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! An OBX Thread. After going back and forth between the BL and OBX this is what I settled on:
  • Outer Banks, no SAS
  • 4dr, Rapid Red
  • Roasted Leather
  • 2.7L Auto
  • High Package
  • 4.27 Lock
  • Hardtop MIC
  • FREE Sound Deadning Headliner
  • Roof Rails, Auxiliary Switches, Keypad, Towing Capacity, Floor Liners
  • $51,540
I've battled this long enough. Good thing I can't change anymore or I'd build out 7 more builds to change my mind again. From a A51 BL to this... I think I'm done. I think. Only thing I would want to change are those 32s but I have a feeling they will look great in person. Perfect build for a non rock crawler.

frogier

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep ZJ Limited 5.9L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

• OBX 2dr,
  • SAS
  • Carb Gray
  • Mod Bumper
  • Aux switches
  • Navy cloth seats
  • Tow capable
  • High pac
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Build- Post your OBX Build vehicle (1)

I was also shocked last week to find an email from Ford telling me I have a June 14th build date Changed to 7/5 . I couldn't believe it! 1st time buying a vehicle at this dealer. They picked me over everyone for the enthusiasm I had for the Bronco brand. The priority orders didn't only go to the dealerships best or biggest customers. They could use them on who ever they wanted to and I was so grateful they picked me...
Sponsored

Last edited: