Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is this supposed to be satire? Anyone coming here for actual/real information is going to be led astray by whatever point you're trying to make
It is real info. If you want to know why you can't option out a non-sasquatch Base, BB, or BD with the extra options you desire, this thread explains why. Ford want you elsewhere. No slam on Ford for doing that, but people seems to be frustrated that this reality exists. Just doing my part to help.
Sponsored

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am grateful that the Base perfectly aligns to what I want (except that washout floors arenā€™t available). I am easy to please model-wise. Iā€™m also grateful that a Base so simple is offered at all, at this price point, in the age of nothing but luxury SUVs I donā€™t want.

On 7/13 when I saw the Base, I upgraded myself to the Boner Package.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
more and more misinformation... B, BB, BD, OBX, WT, and BL are not models. The model is Bronco, Ford refers to the subcategories as 'series'. Sure it sounds like a minor thing, but if one is going to claim to be a definitive source, at least get the nomenclature right.

Like that other thread where the guy wants to sticky it and got the very first sentence wrong (among other items). Hint; not getting your order in by 4/8 does not automatically lock you out of 2021MY, just the first quarter of production (which will also presumably slide as we near second quarter).
Talk to Fordā€˜s rockstars then. Just using their terminology.

Ford Bronco Bronco model misconceptions 1618257776939

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Every option isnā€™t available on every trim? Weird. Iā€™ve never heard of a car company doing that.

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I think the only models offered should have been the OBX and BL with a couple color options for cloth, leather and MGV and a small, medium and Sasquatch tire/suspension packages.

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Itā€™s almost like Ford offered a true plethora of models and upgrades to meet any need or desire. Those that meet someone elseā€™s needs still ā€œexist.ā€

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No worries. This is a sorta "Man behind the curtain" type post. The recent "why doesn't BD..." threads made me realize that some people were under the impression that BD was a junior Badlands and frustrated that Ford locks you out of obtaining that status from the factory sans Sasquatch. I was just illustrating why that is. If you think of the model lineup as I have it listed, everything will make sense as to why these oddities exist.
Iā€™m getting your concept. Itā€™s like Jeep has Sport, Sahara and Rubicon. Then some editions off of those like Willys (= BD), Sport S (=BB), Altitude, etc. I guess Wildtrak is sort of a Mojave, but I live out East so I donā€™t really get the utility of a Wildtrak.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is real info. If you want to know why you can't option out a non-sasquatch Base, BB, or BD with the extra options you desire, this thread explains why. Ford want you elsewhere. No slam on Ford for doing that, but people seems to be frustrated that this reality exists. Just doing my part to help.
I also think it has to do with controlling production costs by kitting certain components with trim levels.

I found the BD with the advanced transfer case to be exactly how I would spec a Bronco if all the various options were stand alone.

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree there are 4 models, but my list would be:
  • Base
  • Black Diamond (can upgrade to BL)
  • OBX (can upgrade to WT)
  • First Edition
Not sure I feel good about having first edition on there but I wanted to have four.
But isn't the First Edition simply a fully optioned BL with Navy Pier? :unsure:

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My issue with this whole thing isn't that certain features are locked out of "lower" models, it's that you get widely different interior options. They don't really build on each other in a logical manner imo. Then you get varations in GOAT mode which make even less sense on the badlands and wildtrack. Give me the model that has "everything" or lets me choose from everything.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This seems like another Ford is screwing us, because we can't get everything we want on the cheapest trim gripe. Its a revelation that Ford is in this to make money? Good lord, who actually needs to be told that?

This is a circle jerk and once again I find myself posting on this. I have to blame myself on this one.

Salty Monday for me.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There seems to be a misconception about what the different Bronco models really are. Let me help. šŸ˜

To Ford, this is the model range:
  • BASE
  • OBX
  • BADLANDS
  • WILDTRAK
We can hem and haw about why certain combos and features are not offered on certain models, but the list above is your answer. The only way to bust out of this lineup (mechanically) is to get the Sasquatch package. Otherwise, accept your fate and make the best of it.
You can probably drop Wildtrak...it's just an OBX with a few popular options standard.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So basically, there are eight models...