Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I have seen a number of people note they plan on downgrading from FE when they are forced to order. How do I upgrade if FE become available? While on that topic, I have never understood how people got FE in the first place. It was sold out as soon as I clicked on reservations (minute one). Also, they magically doubled the amount of FE. How did people get those?
You can only hope one was delivered to the dealer without a buyer, whether a cancelation or "20%er" dealer order. There WILL be some around, if you want to pay the premium and possibly travel.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Adding the numbers together to arrive at some kind of score for your build doesn’t actually communicate anything. “-120%” is meaningless.

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They would probably have a higher take rate on the soft tops if they would go ahead and run the lines for fluid and power. I want the soft top but switched to the MIC purely because of this.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought since dual tops were pushed to MY22 and all FEs will be built in MY21, there was no option for a dual top for a FE.
Exactly. I think the person who thinks they are getting a dual top on their FE is confused or their dealership is.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well according to this I am over 100 points in the red. IT IS NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR MY 2 DOOR BL SQUATCH WITH TOW PACKAGE. Maybe next year 🤬
Ya never know
Adding the numbers together to arrive at some kind of score for your build doesn’t actually communicate anything. “-120%” is meaningless.
Right, it's fun but meaningless, each factor stands alone. If a feature is a -10 you have a 90% chance of go. If a feature is 33% you have a 67% chance. If these were your only negatives you'd have .90 x .67 or a 60 % chance of build based solely on commodities. Then factor in dealer allocation and timestamp and there you are.

ohioarn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can't upgrade to FE, even if a bunch of people canceled (and they did, which is why the final # is less than 7,000 and not announced yet).
I can't imagine Ford would be foolish enough to not manufacture 7,000. Cancellation of FE just means some Ford execs are going to get one. Or Ford will donate to charity auctions. Or you'll see them driven by influencers.

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m -120. Is that bad? The only positive thing I have listed is the lux package. Everything else is neutral or negative. 😭 😭 😭
That says a lot there. LUX IS A BAD THING. It shouldn’t count as a positive for the likelihood of your build. It demands more tech at a time in history where the world can’t catch up. If that’s your +, you know this is FUBAR.

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well our 2 door Wildtrak will get here sometime next year then 😅
My buddy got his dealer’s priority. His 2 door wildtrack got a 6/7/21 build date. That shows you how unreliable the numbers are right now.

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There was...until there wasn't. It was orderable until the last order guide removed the options. But Ford did not change all the orders to MIC only, they needed to be changed by the buyers and their ordering dealer. As long as this order has dual tops on it, it won't be "clean" and it won't schedule. As soon as this option is removed, the order should be available for scheduling.
That is correct. This is from the e-mail all FE order people should have gotten:

In October, we told you the black painted modular hard top roof was going to be removed as the standard First Edition roof offering and the price reduced accordingly. At that time, we believed we could still offer this feature as a late-summer availability option for 2021 model year, but we didn't account for the continued effects of COVID-19 on our supplier readiness. Due to challenges our roof supplier is experiencing, the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs will unfortunately not be available until 2022 model year. Your Bronco First Edition will now come with a carbonized gray molded-in-color roof, (you can see a version here) and your price will be adjusted accordingly.

Later in the e-mail, it says to confirm order changes with your dealer but it doesn't explicitly state that you have to ask the dealership to change the top to MIC only. If yours is still configured for the painted or dual option, it will not be built based on the e-mail.

I re-confirmed mine this morning as being MIC-only. The sales manager I worked with (not a salesperson, but the guy in the tower), and he showed me where mine shows clean and he said that its queued but not scheduled yet. Not sure what faith I put in the 'queued' part or how he would even know. I am just happy mine is 'clean' and will be scheduled eventually.

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They would probably have a higher take rate on the soft tops if they would go ahead and run the lines for fluid and power. I want the soft top but switched to the MIC purely because of this.
I took the soft top. Have you seen the wiper? Useless. I have a white MOD in my future. The plan is for “Bessie” (working title) to become a family heirloom. Not worried about resale.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one constraint that has me stumped is the trailer tow package. I would have never expected that one.
It is probably something fundamental and short-term, such as no supply of the tow pkg variant of the 2dr wiring harness.

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking at everyones build dates, it looks like the last two weeks of June are almost all the builds. The model year is REAL short, Ford will start making MY22 come November/December. If parts are this short, unless you order a stripped model with little to no options you likely wont see it this year.
And here ford was claiming your reservation date would play a big part, from this letter it means nothing. I put my reservation in first day early in the morning and ordered it first day the order banks opened. I ordered a fully loaded Outerbanks, from this letter I'm a -57. Means if I see it next year I'll be lucky. If I'm forced into a MY22 I'm changing my order depending on what model and color changes they make next year. The other thing that has not happened yet is the Bronco has not been hit yet with chip shortage, almost every other Ford product has. Bronco has already been hit with covid problems from the MIC supplier and a shortage of tops.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m still a little confused on the pecking order. 1. Dealer allocation, 2. Parts constraints, 3. Time stamp
I'm good with 1,2,3. Basically the dealers were allocated about 30% of their converted reservations (generally speaking), so step 1 just spreads the inevitable out evenly. 2, as said, if you don't have it you can't build it. And 3, they are respecting the timestamp - excellent.
We all know that 1 and 3 are incompatible sorts. This has been discussed extensively. If the final distribution is going to be based on 1, why not do it now. I'm not sure I could ask for anything more logical or transparent.
Sponsored