Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who gives a S? Honestly is a couple mog going to change anyone's mind?
I mean, at 15,000 miles/year, assuming ~$4/gal, that's a $1,000/year difference in gas costs between 15mpg and 20mpg. It's not nothing for people who are maybe on the fence or people who are not as gung-ho Bronco or nothing consumers on this board.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, at 15,000 miles/year, assuming ~$4/gal, that's a $1,000/year difference in gas costs between 15mpg and 20mpg. It's not nothing for people who are maybe on the fence or people who are not as gung-ho Bronco or nothing consumers on this board.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm personally not that concerned with fuel mileage, if we're talking 18 vs 20. 15 vs 20? That's a significant percentage difference.

Any one remember the Escalade Hybrid from the early 2010s? I think they were boasting it got an extra 6 MPGs city, which sounded paltry until you think about the percentage improvement going from 14 to 20. Quite a difference.

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It should be somewhere between ranger and f150 if I had a guess. Those indicators on the instrument panel are usually about as accurate as a banana for size reference.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It should be somewhere between ranger and f150 if I had a guess. Those indicators on the instrument panel are usually about as accurate as a banana for size reference.
It's going to be worse than Ranger. More weight and worse aerodynamics.

2.3 base 2drs miiiight match Ranger if we're lucky.

BCFDLtE13

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty sure that MPG is a rating given by the EPA, not the manufacturer. The Bronco has 2 different engines, 2 different transmissions, different axle ratios, and multiple tire/wheel sizes so it's a little more involved than other vehicles. Additionally, I'd bet the rating is required to come from a production vehicle and we're not quite there yet. 16-20 mpg across the different set-ups is a good estimate.

Sponsored

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's going to be worse than Ranger. More weight and worse aerodynamics.

2.3 base 2drs miiiight match Ranger if we're lucky.
I imagine the thought process was:

F150 < Bronco < Ranger; however, looking at MPG ratings for a 4wd F150 (2.7L) and 4wd Ranger (2.3L) the difference in combined MPG is only 1 mpg (21mpg for F150, 22mpg for Ranger), I imagine the Bronco will be worse than both. Was actually surprised the F150 was so close considering the higher weight and larger overall size.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure that MPG is a rating given by the EPA, not the manufacturer. The Bronco has 2 different engines, 2 different transmissions, different axle ratios, and multiple tire/wheel sizes so it's a little more involved than other vehicles. Additionally, I'd bet the rating is required to come from a production vehicle and we're not quite there yet. 16-20 mpg across the different set-ups is a good estimate.
You can find them on: https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Pow...&year=2021&make=Ford&amp;pageno=1&rowLimit=50

Bronco Sport and Mach-e are there, obviously no Bronco.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The current average price for gas is 2.85. so your calculations are off.
And if this is a determining factor for a purchase then it means you do not have the money to buy the car and should definitely not buy it.

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
When we went to the Bronco showing in San Diego, the reps indicated they drove the 2.3 MT & 2.7 auto from Michigan to San Diego and got gas at the same time. These were 4 Door non-SAS and they indicated they got about 20 mpg from each rig. The trims were BL Dia and OBX
This is an incredibly helpful anecdote! 20mpg for non-Sasquatch was exactly what I figured. Maybe even slightly more for the 2-Door...

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score