First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old-Timey Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed that the tremor package on the Ranger reduces mpg from about 24/20 to 19/19. Tremor package has 32 general grabber ATs and a small 20mm (0.8 inch) lift. I'm expecting a pretty decent reduction with a SAS Badlands on Nittos. 🤣 A few MPGs are just frosting on the cake for me cause I'll be using my rig mostly for traveling to remote and tough to get to locations for canyoneering and rock climbing and I'm gonna use any mpg savings to go more places and buy ice cream. 🍦 😉
The real reason I want good MPGs though is I want them to be better than wranglers and 4runners. 😂

Screenshot_20210428-120508_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hate to tell you this but if you can not afford that minor cost you can not afford the Bronco. That lifecycle factor if very minor.
And I get the comment about growing up... But I promise am doing alright 🙂
Well based on the way you're voluntarily spouting this garbage all over the forum, it sounds like you really don't hate to tell me at all. It sounds like you actually really like telling everyone your opinion on the matter.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just in:

Due to EPA restriction 35" tires will no longer be available. Squatch package now consists of a lift, lockers, and 30" tires.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The current average price for gas is 2.85. so your calculations are off.
And if this is a determining factor for a purchase then it means you do not have the money to buy the car and should definitely not buy it.
You don't know what I can afford or not afford but I will say I have had 8 new Ford trucks since 2011 and paid cash for all of them...
Fuel economy matters to me. Why would I want to spend an extra $750- $1000 year on fuel if I don't have too? I prefer to spend my money on what I want not what I have to buy.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't know what I can afford or not afford but I will say I have had 8 new Ford trucks since 2011 and paid cash for all of them...
Fuel economy matters to me. Why would I want to spend an extra $750- $1000 year on fuel if I don't have too? I prefer to spend my money on what I want not what I have to buy.
Calm down didn't know this was a safe place. And pretty sure I directed nothing at you. But I will say it again if you are worried about mpg don't spend 60k on a automobile.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Calm down didn't know this was a safe place. And pretty sure I directed nothing at you. But I will say it again if you are worried about mpg don't spend 60k on a automobile.
tenor-2.gif

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting argument that you two are having. I was thinking though: remember that every single hybrid vehicle costs more than the gas only engine options below it.

People pay more money for more MPGs? People that make money want more range and less time at the fill up?

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Interesting argument that you two are having. I was thinking though: remember that every single hybrid vehicle costs more than the gas only engine options below it.

People pay more money for more MPGs? People that make money want more range and less time at the fill up?
This is the fantastic thing about forums.

For hybrids there are many places with rebates that knock off a lot of that extra cost. I think LA Belle Provence gives $6k on top of the federal program. Here in BC you can get up to $3k off depending on battery size.

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the fantastic thing about forums.

For hybrids there are many places with rebates that knock off a lot of that extra cost. I think LA Belle Provence gives $6k on top of the federal program. Here in BC you can get up to $3k off depending on battery size.
Truth. For me it would be about ROI. Would paying more save me more in a reasonable amount of time. I have enough money to buy a Bronco, but I still care about my fuel costs. Money is money. Cashflow is important.

I make enough to not worry about the rent; my gas bill is less than $40 a month, but I still control the thermostat when the wife tells me 65 is too cold in the winter.

I liken most costs to the cost of a beer at my local brewery. If the savings are enough to buy me a beer, I want those savings. So the difference of a tank fill up could easily be the cost of that roasty Irish red.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure that MPG is a rating given by the EPA, not the manufacturer. The Bronco has 2 different engines, 2 different transmissions, different axle ratios, and multiple tire/wheel sizes so it's a little more involved than other vehicles. Additionally, I'd bet the rating is required to come from a production vehicle and we're not quite there yet. 16-20 mpg across the different set-ups is a good estimate.
Manufacture does the testing and reports to the EPA. That's why Volkswagen got sued for cheating.
Sponsored