MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I contacted Ford directly, and spoke with a supposed Bronco rep via the phone number provided on the Bronco reservation emails. Several things which the rep stated would happen, have not occurred. So take your pick, dealer, Ford, or your Aunt. Either way, this is a massive screw up.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure, but that is not what you said.

The commission structure does not incentivize your potential future order over existing customers looking to purchase in the very short term. All of the sales people and managers have to survive months and months just to maybe reap the benefits of your purchase. And, if you chose not to buy your vehicle, somebody else surely will snatch it up and maybe for more $$.

It's cute pretending that you hold the cards, but the reality is that you have to dance to get the vehicle. That is the game.

Yep...sums it up.
Go ahead and dance all you want, I have better things to do.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey man, Come mow my lawn I'll pay you next year but call you twice a week with complaints about how you cut it. Don't care if you are cutting other lawns I DESERVE better!
Your analogy makes no sense. In my world if you have your shit together you get paid, if not, go look for a handout. No handouts here.

BPMANAZ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I knew something was "off" with this launch when the Build and Price" tool went live and adding sound deadening material made a 2 door Badlands too heavy.

The train done come off the rails for me at that point.

I know, it's a little off topic but I needed to vent.

Sponsored

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lighten up. This is YOUR hobby, not theirs. As Amanda points out, sales folks and dealers aren't making squat yet. I've been OVER cautious about contact and questions, knowing that if I become a PITA, it'll bit me. Yes we know more. We've devoted a year to this for some...They're trying to sell what's out their window. Be kind.
You realize most of these dealerships are going to make a few grand off these for doing NOTHING other than a car wash. My, you set a low bar.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
there has been no money made off of the Bronco by a dealership yet.
Well, that's not entirely true. They have had $1,000 of my money in their account since January 25th! Which I am sure is drawing interest along with the other 13 orders at my dealership!

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey man, Come mow my lawn I'll pay you next year but call you twice a week with complaints about how you cut it. Don't care if you are cutting other lawns I DESERVE better!
You realize most of these dealerships are going to make a few grand off these for doing NOTHING other than a car wash. My, you set a low bar.
But you have (most of us have) already ordered the car. Lol

What else do you need them to do, aside from deliver the vehicle whenever Ford produces and provides it?

Go ahead and dance all you want, I have better things to do.
Let me know when you figure out how to get your Bronco without the dealership system, and I will stop dancing. Until then, we are all dancing to their tune, playing their game.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have talked with multiple dealerships and NONE of them know as much as discussed on this forum. All the dealers I have spoken with have shared Ford isn’t providing them information, so shame on Ford. And shame on the dealership and reps. Their business revolves around customers and their needs. There is no reason why each dealership should require a hand full of reps to be experts. In fact, there should be a handful or more that become experts on their own just to know about what is new, etc. I would rather deal with a sales person that only works once a week and is a headache to get time with but is knowledgeable and cares about their profession. I would never dream of responding to my customers with “I don’t know, just have to wait and see”. Good luck with that! I never viewed Ford as a lower level brand but I guess if they want to be viewed that way then I guess will start thinking of them as facial tissue or inline skates vs. Kleenex or rollerblades. Maybe it has to due with covid workforce to. People don’t want to work and companies are afraid to set a minimal expectation in fear of losing the workforce. Case in point, can’t make parts or ship them fast enough and sales people don’t care because they don’t have anything to sell now. I’ll stop ranting...
With the Bronco, the salespeople already have a sale, you've already "ordered" your Bronco from Ford. You truck is not arriving until later in the year. The salespeople have product on the lot that it is their job to sell. What would you do? I know I'd concentrate on the vehicles out on the lot.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The team at O’Meara Ford in Northglenn, CO are being trained by the Ford expert today actually. I got a chance to come check their demo 2 door Badlands out today! :)

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your analogy makes no sense. In my world if you have your shit together you get paid, if not, go look for a handout. No handouts here.
The Dealership has no power to influence the build schedule of the Bronco.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just got an email from Ford. They are "revealing" the electric F-150 lightning and a chance to "reserve yours".

Oh man, here we go again. Lol.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, that's not entirely true. They have had $1,000 of my money in their account since January 25th! Which I am sure is drawing interest along with the other 13 orders at my dealership!
What's $1000 man? That's not any real money. There's no commission on that, nor can a dealership spend it.

If you're thinking about interest, these are the lowest interest rates almost ever, so there's no money to make off of interest. Trust, I would know since I'm an Economist.

That deposit is also refundable, so it isn't doing anything but taking up space on an accounting document.

None of us has done a thing for any dealership or more importantly, the poor sales guy; and I don't have sympathy for sales guys since I hate that business, but a spade is a spade.

Leave these folks alone and let them work. Get your OCD off on this forum and refreshing MotorTrend.com and watching TFL or Bronco Nation on YouTube and Instagram, not by irritating the people who work at dealerships.

Yeah, Broncos coming back is really cool, but Bronco customers are a real drag which may not make it worth it in the end for them.