Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told something similar in 2014 when I ordered my 2015 Mustang. They were building a few for each region to get them out so everybody could see them.
A few for each region I understand!

“Your region is last” doesn’t make sense.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was to learn more about my Badlands order, but what I learned is it isnt worth waiting.
I think that’s why he asked “why” since your mission was accomplished...as you ordered a Jeep, but now have committed to become a bit of a troll on here....

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did everyone with June builds get pushed to July? I haven't head anything, but have a 6/21 build date per the Ford email.
Same here - 6/21 build date from the April email that hasn't yet been changed (my dealer GM is also my cousin so he's checking regularly). It appears that our builds are nearly identical (4 door Big Bend 2.3 Auto MIC Cactus Gray) so that very well might have something to do with it.

A buddy's build is almost identical as well but has the 2.7. He was originally scheduled for 6/21 but got pushed back 2 weeks.

Sponsored

Wyseman

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Please stop posting every bit of meaningless mumbo jumbo that is just distracting and truly answers nothing. Tomorrow there will be more crap that does nothing to inform anyone when they might see a Bronco. And about the millions Ford is investing, let’s see...a couple hundred thousand reservations at $100 apiece=millions in interest free loans to Ford from all of us. You’re welcome.
Ford did not get your $100, your dealer did so that is not true!

Bshaw386

Big Bend
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same here - 6/21 build date from the April email that hasn't yet been changed (my dealer GM is also my cousin so he's checking regularly). It appears that our builds are nearly identical (4 door Big Bend 2.3 Auto MIC Cactus Gray) so that very well might have something to do with it.

A buddy's build is almost identical as well but has the 2.7. He was originally scheduled for 6/21 but got pushed back 2 weeks.
I never got an email but I called Ford. I was moved from 6/14 to 7/5. I guess it’s still a go but I’m not sure. I have Sas, tow, and Mic, but somehow still have a date and Vin. I wouldn’t mind changing some things to ensure I keep the date but now that there is a Vin no changes can be made. We will see what happens. Honestly I shouldn’t even have gotten a date because I was a 7/29 reservation, so I’m lucky either way

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why do the hard tops have to only come from one company? What can't Ford contract multiple companies for this.... It's stupid!
Well, first off Webasto probably doesn't manufacture the SMC (sheet molded compound) that is the base plastic material used in construction of the top. So (one of) the commodity shortages could be the SMC. Second, the molds used to form the SMC cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to make. There are at least two molds per roof panel (top and bottom). The molds are large and the machines that are used to form the SMC over the molds are even larger, and specialized machines. So there are not a lot of companies just sitting around that can pick up manufacture of the Bronco roof. Considering the design of a multi-panel roof system that has to be leak-proof over a 100 + deg. F temperature range and stay that way for a long time period and be idiot-proofed for the owners that will own a Bronco (we've all seen the lady who was filling plastic bags with gasoline this week...), it is not a simple part to make. It's also possible Ford farmed out the engineering of the roof(s) to Webasto, so Webasto owns the intellectual property and does not want to provide the IP to it's competitors. Further, it looks like to me there is some re-design going on which has delayed the top production, maybe on top of delays in the completion of the new Webasto factory in Michigan.

We all wish life was simple, but it's not.

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$45,000 (est. avg. price)
125,000 (est. orders placed)
$5,625,000,000 (sales from estimates)
10% (est. profit margin)
$562,500,000 (profit from estimates)

These are my estimates only, nothing factual about them... but I’m pretty sure they’re working their asses off to try to get this money... I know I would be.

as far as plastics shortages go... these flares are probably half of the problem.
Ford Bronco Bronco July 2021 Production Scheduling Memo 1621080820681

And... just imagine if these folks were making your MIC top... 😳

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Further, it looks like to me there is some re-design going on which has delayed the top production
Your sitrep is probably spot-on, and I only challenge your conclusion of life not 'being simple'.

Ford's been planning Bronco for 6+ years...I'm sure someone in a planning meeting once mentioned "wow, bronco has a removable top - that's something we haven't worked with before."

Ford's inability to successfully adapt to a removable top convinces me they'll never make a successful move away from ICE - they just don't have what it takes.

Sponsored

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe Ford could consider $500 additional to supply a soft top (2 door models)with a voucher to receive the MIC top when it gets done. that way if a 2 door owner has plans to get a soft top down the road anyway ,they can get their bronco now and then go get the hard top from Ford when its ready. ?? just an idea.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe Ford could consider $500 additional to supply a soft top (2 door models)with a voucher to receive the MIC top when it gets done. that way if a 2 door owner has plans to get a soft top down the road anyway ,they can get their bronco now and then go get the hard top from Ford when its ready. ?? just an idea.
Don't you go and get my hopes up!! Don't do it!!

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your sitrep is probably spot-on, and I only challenge your conclusion of life not 'being simple'.

Ford's been planning Bronco for 6+ years...I'm sure someone in a planning meeting once mentioned "wow, bronco has a removable top - that's something we haven't worked with before."

Ford's inability to successfully adapt to a removable top convinces me they'll never make a successful move away from ICE - they just don't have what it takes.
I think you're correct, Ford doesn't have a lot of experience with multi-part roof systems, but Webasto seems to have, since it has produced a similar top for the Wrangler for at least a decade now. I'd imagine there was a spiral development process on-going with Ford and Webasto on the Bronco, and at some testing point late in the total Bronco development program has shown a defect in the top design that needs to be addressed. Considering COVID shutdowns has kept millions of people at home for the better part of a year making engineering collaboration difficult, some delay can be expected. All just guesses on my part, but being in an engineering field on the program management side, this is my take on the situation considering the information available to the public to evaluate.

I get it that people on B6G are tired of hearing COVID is the issue, but in reality, it is in most cases.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone know if there is any re-gearing associated with the tow package?
Tons of threads about the towing package and what it includes.

Gearing is not one of them, nor are transmissions, alternators, or anything else besides a hitch and the wiring
Sponsored