Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Spent ten minutes ordering a Rubicon. Should be delivered, exactly as ordered, in eight weeks.
Honestly. Good for you đź‘Ź
I wish I were stuck between 2 vehicles I loved and let the better competitor win out. Unfortunately only the Bronco has my eye
Sponsored

The Frisco Kid

Black Diamond
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F-250, 2015 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does Webasto just make the tops for the Bronco? Or do they also make the fender flares, grilles, dashboards etc.?

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just thinking about the optics -

For the 4 door - I wonder if WT is higher in the pecking order than similar builds (2.7 MIC sas) on a BL, OBX etc.

Because they at least need to make SOME wildtraks in 2021 just because. They don’t NEED to make a 2.7 OBX Sasquatch MIC top if they are already churning out a ton of simpler OBX builds.

Kind of makes you think that given constraints of MIC for 2021, they need to make all FEs and some wildtraks, making a 4 door loaded hardtop sasquatch etc build below a wildtrak as probably last in the pecking order due to complexity and lack of urgency. Dead last if I had to guess. Ugh

Sponsored

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford did not get your $100, your dealer did so that is not true!
Oops, didn’t realize that...disregard that part of my rant.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Welcome to a public automotive forum, where endless waiting results in endless speculation.

The $100 goes to the dealer, not Ford. Your welcome.
Didn’t realize that. Might have been a case of ready, fire, aim on my part.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

For the 4 door - I wonder if WT is higher in the pecking order than similar builds (2.7 MIC sas) on a BL, OBX etc.

Because they at least need to make SOME wildtraks in 2021 just because. They don’t NEED to make a 2.7 OBX Sasquatch MIC top if they are already churning out a ton of simpler OBX builds.

Kind of makes you think that given constraints of MIC for 2021, they need to make all FEs and some wildtraks, making a 4 door loaded hardtop sasquatch etc build below a wildtrak as probably last in the pecking order due to complexity and lack of urgency. Dead last if I had to guess. Ugh
Well, that’s overthinking it a bit. In June they scheduled more BBs, OBs, and BLs than they did Wildtrak. The list and percentages probably won’t swing a lot moving forward...except it will swing more in the favor of soft tops.

AA4F4F65-D2E8-4459-8CBA-A539A9FBBDE2.jpeg

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple observations...... (1) This is almost identical to the previous memo advising customers to change their order prior to May 12th to increase their scheduling odds for July builds.......then, failed to schedule anyone, or relatively few, for July scheduling. (2) The memo once again specifically mentions scarce FE and WT scheduling due to hard top issues, yet didn’t include 2drs in that constrained group even though 2drs are limited to MIC tops as well. Not sure if that’s an oversight, or due to limited 2dr orders(30% or so) and it being a different top than the 4dr, so maybe the 2dr won’t be impacted to the degree of the WT and FE’s will. Another week of guessing games and waiting it appears.
We'll see. I'm not sure what the percentage of VINs have been 4 door vs 2 door. But we don't have a large enough sample set to draw a conclusion. Ford has given direction on how to get your Bronco faster and switching to a 2 door wasn't one of them. But that would be a bigger shift than asking buyers to switch to a soft top. In the end we probably won't know until we get well into the build cycles... But I certainly hope the 2 door with a less intricate top does move up in production!!!

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn’t realize that. Might have been a case of ready, fire, aim on my part.
Many people think the same thing...I would have thought it went to Ford also until I was told otherwise. The cool thing is when I switched dealers, the prior dealer refunds your $100 and the new one doesn't ask for a deposit until time of order...

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As a WT order I'm pissed because Ford clearly hates the WT like the step kid. In many of the specs, the "forget" to include the WT. Other than the FE the WT better represents all that the Bronco has to offer, yet it's as rare as Sasquatch himself.

Hell, even in the actual Baja Dessert race, they don't actually use their Baja Dessert racing trim!

Ford knows something about the WT they aren't saying and it pisses me off.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a WT order I'm pissed because Ford clearly hates the WT like the step kid. In many of the specs, the "forget" to include the WT. Other than the FE the WT better represents all that the Bronco has to offer, yet it's as rare as Sasquatch himself.

Hell, even in the actual Baja Dessert race, they don't actually use their Baja Dessert racing trim!

Ford knows something about the WT they aren't saying and it pisses me off.
Why would you care what Ford thinks of the trim? I don’t think Ford “hates” their single most popular and probably most profitable trim level (based on the USOB mix as of June). They obviously showcase the Badlands a little bit more because it is the direct attack on Rubicon. What would Ford possibly “know” about WT? Talk about crazy conspiracies....

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you in the Northeast?
I ordered out of Toronto Ontario, Canada. North just not east.
Like you, I heard Canadian content broncos will be delayed.
Sponsored