Sponsored

F150, Ford, Rachael Maddow Dont get mad, give it a watch [Off-Topic / Political posts will be deleted - Administration]

How many who viewed this actually watched the video?

• Total voters

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You would have to drive and keep your electric car for 7 years before you break even with the carbon footprint created by the process of creating the battery that powers it. And until the grid's electricity has a lot more cleaner sources that power it you are just using non green ways to charge that battery. It's all just feel good nonsense.
Producing any car, regardless of its fuel type, is not green.
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure this is the way of the auto industry, and that's fine. I just wonder how many electric cars would sell if the Government stopped giving people other peoples money to buy them. Plug in vehicles amount to less than 2% in America, and I'd bet it would be less than 1% if the $7500 from the tax payers wasn't there. IMHO
EV tax credits are only for the first 200K cars sold per manufacturer. Tesla hit that number in ~2018 and has their sales have only increased since then...

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
EV tax credits are only for the first 200K cars sold per manufacturer. Tesla hit that number in ~2018 and has their sales have only increased since then...
Because they lowered the prices...

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Technology! Technology! Technology!

You are thinking about it in today's terms and not what Technology can do 20, 30 or 40 years from now.

Petroleum and coal produce most of the electric and what do you do with all the battery waste? The battery cell in the f250 is supposed to weigh over 800 lbs. Further it takes special suits and equipment to work on the vehicles in the event of an accident as electrocution is a possibility. No one seems to mention any of these things. Where do you charge them in rural stretches with big expanses of nothing and no towns for 100s of miles??

Might be an answer for certain circumstances but not for the masses particularly in middle or rural america.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

200,000 x 7500 = 1,500,000,000 That's a lot of tax payer money going to vehicles manufacturers. Basically it's the government trying to pick winners, and losers. As the old saying goes, "It's easy to spend other peoples money".

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s only “greener” if you never stop to consider that, for many (if not most) of us, electricity is coal-generated. So, at the moment, “electric vehicle” is generally a euphemism for “coal-powered vehicle.” Sort of shoots the “anti fossil-fuel” argument right in the nuts. By all means, innovate. Increase efficiency. But we aren’t there right now and anyone that says we are is... trying to be charitable here... a bit under-informed regarding the operations of the world around them.
Not totally true. You can get your electricity from your own solar panels and store it in a powerwall. We have a large number of electric vehicles in our county and many of them are powered from home solar. Look at European countries, they have been using solar for years, we are just way behind.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where do people think electric comes from? :ROFLMAO:
Like I said in my other post - SOLAR! Our neighbors two electric vehicles are run solely on their home powerwall storage from solar panels. They only ever use other charges when they travel.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not totally true. You can get your electricity from your own solar panels and store it in a powerwall. We have a large number of electric vehicles in our county and many of them are powered from home solar. Look at European countries, they have been using solar for years, we are just way behind.
I can't. Not enough sun where I live. ;)

Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Think about all the real estate solar panels and windmills take up compared to oil.
Who wants to look at all that ugly stuff!
I don’t know why everything has to be so black-and-white with each administration!
One is all about oil! One is all about green!

Just a little bit at a time each step forward is all we need.
You're caring about how "ugly" solar panels look, seriously? Have you seen the Tesla solar roofs, they look awesome. I'm no Tesla fan but we can all learn a thing or two from them. I agree its not black or white, but we need to move towards more sustainable energy options or we are toast.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All we are doing is trading the devil we know (Oil & Gas) for the devil we don't (battery).

I'm hoping solid state batteries are the future.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't. Not enough sun where I live. ;)
Of course not every single person can benefit from solar at home, but solar farms are working well in other countries, so there is that.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You would have to drive and keep your electric car for 7 years before you break even with the carbon footprint created by the process of creating the battery that powers it. And until the grid's electricity has a lot more cleaner sources that power it you are just using non green ways to charge that battery. It's all just feel good nonsense.
Where did you get your 7 year number?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
maybe... but we can't wait till it's perfect. Any steps in the right direction are going to make it better.

Remember? The first iphone couldn't send texts... so it wasn't perfect at first, but they kept innovating.

Plus you say they aren't that green, and they may not be 'totally' green. But greener than oil & gas. So sure you might be trading one evil for another, right now. But this is the future, and it's only going to be better. Oil & Gas has run its course... I'm pretty sure they've gotten the most of it they're going to get. Electric is the future.
I think the irony here is that electric vehicles are absolutely terrible for the environment and we don’t have the infrastructure to support the current trends as is. Texas was a great example - it’s incredibly hard to ramp up production of electricity and we don’t have the technological means to store electricity on a large scale.

Ford (and everyone else) is pushing electric vehicles because the money is in electric (artificially). Between tax credits for manufacturers and consumers, it’s easy money. Ford gets to charge more and it comes out of the coffers instead of the end users pocket. Ford makes more money. Yay Ford.

The tech is really cool. Can it ever replace petrol engines without major advancements in power generation and storage? No.

I tried to buy a Mach E.. I’m not exactly a hater, but let’s keep it real here. Electric vehicles are more of a stopgap measure being embraced for tax credits. A novelty for the middle class, as it were. You’ll never support a nation full of electric vehicles with green power, either. You likely won’t see it in your lifetime.. the battery tech just doesn’t exist.
Sponsored