North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The workshop manuals are not available yet but wiring disgrams are. We are only talking about a couple of short jumper harnesses and a little hose. Why they didnā€™t just do it on all for future options is beyond me. Based on what I can see in the wiring it would be rediculously minimal cost wise. Most of the components (wiring pigtails) are already widely used on other parts of the vehicle as well as other vehicle lines. This is so basic, they could have made one harness for a two door and one for four door. Instead, there are at least 4 different options for the one going back on the driver side. Makes no sense to me.
At 3:40 is a good review of the right steering column control stalk that includes the rear wiper and washer controls. It may $500 plus in parts and labor to swap this out, in addition to the harness and hose. Further, is there a second pump at the washer reservoir that is needed as well?

Sponsored

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™ll probably end up doing the same. I was originally going to stick with the two door but Ford not having any sort of clue as to when the hard top issue is going to be resolved makes the changeover decision a bit easier. I really donā€™t care about the rear window defroster or windshield wiper. Donā€™t really need them living in the south anyways. Iā€™m going to be dropping the tow package also. I will be sticking with the Badlands, 2.7 liter engine, Sasquatch and lux though.
I dropped the Tow pac also. Not because itā€™s a constraint but because I never used one on my Jeep and is I want to have the hitch down the road, itā€™s only $120 aftermarket and $80 for the wiring harness. They already make them for the 2021 ranger which is the same frame.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base

Redrooster33

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How this is being handled makes me very nervous. I have a feeling that once this is finally delivered (2022 or 2023), that it will be a rushed together piece of shit with many, many recalls.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At 3:40 is a good review of the right steering column control stalk that includes the rear wiper and washer controls. It may $500 plus in parts and labor to swap this out, in addition to the harness and hose. Further, is there a second pump at the washer reservoir that is needed as well?

If they were forward thinking they could use one stalk on all vehicles. The SCM, steering column module, should be programable, meaning we can go in with our FDRS scan tool and just toggle the function on. I posted wiring for this somewhere and it doesnā€™t show two pumps so the main pump may have dual function. If stalk is there and I can turn it on in the SCM this is an easy fix. The only other issue is back defrost switch but would not be a deal killer in my mind. I have a guy at Ford I need to reach out to for info on the connector maker for the one that unplugs from the top for removal. All other connectors are readily available.
Big issue I canā€™t get answered right now and of utmost importance is the ability to program the computer for different tire sizes since a lot of people are going to do tire swaps right away. We had a ā€˜21 F150 in the shop a few weeks ago the customer swapped wheels and tires out to program. Ford does not allow that as a changable parameter and neither did Forscan. No aftermarket pugins were available either. This is a big problem for me.

Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is such bullshit. They told us we would get an estimate. They've known about the hardtop issue for many months, yet still said we'd get a rough estimate in May. They lied. Instead, they're regurgitating the same stuff we've already heard.

This is the first time I'm really pissed about this process.
Totally agreed. I reserved on 7/13, 20 min after it opened. Yeah I'm very annoyed. I want everyone to get their Broncos. But damn, all the bullshit about the time stamp being so important.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base

$595- That's the "free" headliner for all that get the MIC. It's not a stretch for Ford to offer "free " rough-in wash/wiper on the soft top.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The workshop manuals are not available yet but wiring disgrams are. We are only talking about a couple of short jumper harnesses and a little hose. Why they didnā€™t just do it on all for future options is beyond me. Based on what I can see in the wiring it would be rediculously minimal cost wise. Most of the components (wiring pigtails) are already widely used on other parts of the vehicle as well as other vehicle lines. This is so basic, they could have made one harness for a two door and one for four door. Instead, there are at least 4 different options for the one going back on the driver side. Makes no sense to me.
The solution, as you described it, is so easy, with such a minor financial impact, and would be received so well by customers as a compromise option that it truly defies logic as to why that change wasnā€™t featured in that turd of a letter Ford dumped on us. You would think that if Ford gave any f*cks at all they would at least give us a bit of good news (plumbing and electric in all, and a WT 2dr soft top option) in that letter.

Because of all the factors above, the only hypothesis as to why Ford is not willing to make such a sensible and practical offer has to be that they donā€™t want a mass exodus from MIC to soft top. I think they have crunched the numbers and fear that making those changes would be so popular that they would then be in the same boat with soft top manufacturing as they are currently with the MIC top, and that there would not be enough to go around. The groundwork for the ā€œWebasto Fiascoā€ was put into motion when thousands of mod tops were taken out of the equation, leaving MIC top as the only hard top option and it became obvious Webasto could not make up the difference with their process, labor, leadership and COVID challenges.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After sleeping on this, I'm still pretty annoyed. Even with some possibly/maybe/could be goodish news on progress being made on the hard top issues, the fact that Badlands itself is now listed as a constraint doesn't really help things, and then I still get to wonder if I'd have a build date if they did what they originally said and went by reservation time stamp as priority... and didn't allow priority orders (I always expected some VIP builds).

The other annoyance I get to think about is with the Bronco I was getting a custom order and with my dealership, there would not be any price shananigans. Very low-stress deal beyond these delivery issues. Now I look at alternatives and have to deal with finding what I want, haggling, and all of that. Added stress, though I could be putting the cart before the horse and it possibly wouldn't be too bad.

In any case, all of this adds up to Ford having burned bridges with me. I'm not sure I'd be happy in an eventual Bronco or any other Ford ever again. Unbelievably disappointing, and I also feel bad for my dealer, who isn't at fault for any of this but could lose a lifetime customer. Much to consider.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The solution, as you described it, is so easy, with such a minor financial impact, and would be received so well by customers as a compromise option that it truly defies logic as to why that change wasnā€™t featured in that turd of a letter Ford dumped on us. You would think that if Ford gave any f*cks at all they would at least give us a bit of good news (plumbing and electric in all, and a WT 2dr soft top option) in that letter.

Because of all the factors above, the only hypothesis as to why Ford is not willing to make such a sensible and practical offer has to be that they donā€™t want a mass exodus from MIC to soft top. I think they have crunched the numbers and fear that making those changes would be so popular that they would then be in the same boat with soft top manufacturing as they are currently with the MIC top, and that there would not be enough to go around. The groundwork for the ā€œWebasto Fiascoā€ was put into motion when thousands of mod tops were taken out of the equation, leaving MIC top as the only hard top option and it became obvious Webasto could not make up the difference with their process, labor, leadership and COVID challenges.
They floated this to our reps in a meeting this past week but apparently have things to work out if itā€™s going to happen. It sounds like they have some other things they are considering doing but again, nothing in writing yet. I was told the final straw came from Webasto on Monday. True or not, all parties knew there were ongoing issues. I assume they were at a deadline for some sort of production capacity and had to admit failure. I get why Ford stepped in because they usually stay out of suppliers workings. This is an extrordinary situation that has a huge impact on Fordā€™s ability to produce the Bronco at all. Fā€™d up all the way around but this is a result of labor shortages and overselling of capability by Webasto.

Sponsored

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I imagine the stick on the column would be different as well?

EDIT: never mind, I see this was discussed upstream. Thanks.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I imagine the stick on the column would be different as well?

EDIT: never mind, I see this was discussed upstream. Thanks.
Mulally did a great job consolidating parts. After he left we went back to over parting. Hackett talked about decontenting but have yet to see any real progress. Seems like weā€™ve gone in the opposite direction this year.

eta: I have VINs from some off-roadeo vehicles I can check part numbers from. Thatā€™s if Fordā€™s Ecat has Bronco loaded yet.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m on the fence too. Do I downgrade to an obx or something

and youā€™ll pay $10 - $15 grand more šŸ˜‚
Saw soft top in person, and it's really good looking and functional. I'll have to put up with extra noise until I upgrade to a hard top option. But I'm fine making that change to get my bronco sooner (if that's in my cards)

They floated this to our reps in a meeting this past week but apparently have things to work out if itā€™s going to happen. It sounds like they have some other things they are considering doing but again, nothing in writing yet. I was told the final straw came from Webasto on Monday. True or not, all parties knew there were ongoing issues. I assume they were at a deadline for some sort of production capacity and had to admit failure. I get why Ford stepped in because they usually stay out of suppliers workings. This is an extrordinary situation that has a huge impact on Fordā€™s ability to produce the Bronco at all. Fā€™d up all the way around but this is a result of labor shortages and overselling of capability by Webasto.
This is good to know! I'm sure more info will be passed along over these next few weeks and months. Quite the Rollercoaster ride we are on

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ šŸ“¬ 64EECDEF-D5D4-4BCC-8AA1-CAFC416AE26E

This is off the 4 door in the building at OR. You can see the electrical and washer conns with top off.