ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No inside information, just years and years of experience. Im a 3 rd generation used car dealer that is also a car enthusiast. Ive got a 2 door and 4 door ordered(changed 4 door to soft top, got a vin) and im going to keep one of them(and maybe both)

If there is any issue with the hardtop(and we know this is true) and they build the Broncos knowing there is an issue with them and deliver them with this issue, its only going to hurt Ford worse. So i see them not making ANY with the hardtop till all the issues are fixed.

I see all these threads about shipping with a soft top and getting a hardtop later. Yea, that wont never happen. The logistics with that would be a nightmare, and just like getting very large tvs delivered to you the fail rate once its delivered would be too great(i just had a 85 inch tv delivered, the delivery driver said about 1 out of 4 was broke during delivery)

New wrangler 2 doors dont have the dual top option from factory because the soft top box wont fit in the Jeep during delivery. The 4 door jeeps ordered with the dual top option the soft top is placed in the jeep and the box takes up all the room(to the point there isnt even room for a passenger)

I really wanted dual tops for the 4 door. I like the hardtop better for the 2 door. Theres a lot of mad(or should i just say disappointed) people on here about the hardtop issue. But just imagine how upset you would be if your new bronco gets delivered to your dealer and the top still has so many issues that ford wont let dealer complete delivery. Woo wee, the board would blow up then.
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Info points to production issues, not performance issues.

Many hard top customers (myself included) are currently scheduled for June production, so we’ll know if your theory pans out very soon.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There have already been plenty of people getting build dates with hard tops. Just not as many as Ford could be building if they weren't dealing with this top fiasco.

I do think, however, that the 4-door hardtops Ford receives will be prioritized for FEs as Ford seems to be trying to get all the FEs fulfilled as MY21.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
This would be a huge blow.

Sponsored

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No inside information, just years and years of experience. Im a 3 rd generation used car dealer that is also a car enthusiast. Ive got a 2 door and 4 door ordered(changed 4 door to soft top, got a vin) and im going to keep one of them(and maybe both)

If there is any issue with the hardtop(and we know this is true) and they build the Broncos knowing there is an issue with them and deliver them with this issue, its only going to hurt Ford worse. So i see them not making ANY with the hardtop till all the issues are fixed.

I see all these threads about shipping with a soft top and getting a hardtop later. Yea, that wont never happen. The logistics with that would be a nightmare, and just like getting very large tvs delivered to you the fail rate once its delivered would be too great(i just had a 85 inch tv delivered, the delivery driver said about 1 out of 4 was broke during delivery)

New wrangler 2 doors dont have the dual top option from factory because the soft top box wont fit in the Jeep during delivery. The 4 door jeeps ordered with the dual top option the soft top is placed in the jeep and the box takes up all the room(to the point there isnt even room for a passenger)

I really wanted dual tops for the 4 door. I like the hardtop better for the 2 door. Theres a lot of mad(or should i just say disappointed) people on here about the hardtop issue. But just imagine how upset you would be if your new bronco gets delivered to your dealer and the top still has so many issues that ford wont let dealer complete delivery. Woo wee, the board would blow up then.
How exactly do we know there is an issue with the hard tops? Outside of posts on here guessing there is an issue with then leaking, what evidence do we have to support that claim?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Speculations are pretty useless. I have some, too. lol

Shipping hard tops later wouldn't be as troublesome as you suggest. IF Ford chose to do that: wire the plumbing and controls now, they could ship hard tops to the dealers in bulk....not too tough or expensive.

Sponsored

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ahhh...yes that’s correct. Could just be a production issue. Hope so at least.
I'm not trying to be "smart" or prove a point or anything like that. It's easy to accidently sound sparky on the internet.

I've just seen a bunch of people say that the issue with the tops is related to leaking or other quality control related issues. I was trying to see if there was a source for that or if it's just speculation.

Really just trying to figure out what I need to have anxiety about next.

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Email just states: " production capacity doesn't match up with the actual orders we received." I am not sure how the leak issues were reported on this forum; other than fear of a possible leak due to engineering and design.

OP
OP
ugafan706

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The production issue could very well be once completed they are of terrible quality. I currently have a sky touch top on my jeep and those tops were delayed for almost a year because they had to get their issues fixed(and they did). Folks Ford has one shot at this and they have already have a couple of strikes against them. They cannot put an inferior product out there or it will kill the bronco before they ever even get going good.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There will be plenty of 2021 Broncos with hard tops. There will be more 2021 Broncos with soft tops.
Quality issues have been resolved. Production issues haven't.
Sponsored