Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

To be honest, I am kind of let down by auto only on the 2.7, and the towing capacity (at least of the four door).

I wanted to do this with a manual and some torque:
Ford Bronco Limited Manual Options?! 8ADE80E9-8A27-475C-B4F8-1D63DDFDCBBC

But no 2.7 manual, and while it is inexpensive to add air spring helpers and larger brakes to a JKUR, not sure how you would modify the coil overs on a Bronco.

I don’t want the length or the open bed, but maybe a Gladiator best fits my SwissArmy knife needs. At least the eco diesel is coming out, but no manual and towing capacity drops to 6000lbs (which is enough).
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've "settled" for less that what I want a lot in my life all for the greater good. Yes the 2.3L is a good and capable engine, but I'd be "setting" if I went with it. I'm not as young as I once was and the next vehicle I purchased will most likely be the last IC Engine. I also have Very Sentimental & Nostalgic reasons for getting a Manual Transmission as well. And why in the world is the towing only 3500 Lbs??????

With that said, I will not settle, nor pay $30-$70 for a vehicle that doesn't have the things that are important to me.

My money, my choice. Your money, your choice.

Getting down off of my soapbox now....

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am thankful at this point they OFFER a manual. Yesterday I was disappointed. Today, I am happy.

Manual Black Diamond with Marine Vinyl and washout floor is calling my name. Now, I know FORD can offer me a GREEN bronco. I am mean another paint color doesn't cost any R&D, right?
Ford Bronco Limited Manual Options?! images

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s Bronco tradition that the big engine is auto only, at least from the late eighties on the 351w was auto only.

Seriously tho, if they could only afford one manual transmission, why not build it for the 2.7. I’m not sure a single person would bitch about being forced into a larger engine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RupertH

RupertH

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mostly
I am thankful at this point they OFFER a manual. Yesterday I was disappointed. Today, I am happy.

Manual Black Diamond with Marine Vinyl and washout floor is calling my name. Now, I know FORD can offer me a GREEN bronco. I am mean another paint color doesn't cost any R&D, right?
But, do they? Here's the thing, dealers are even less in touch with customers than manufacturers. I'll take my experience with my current vehicle. There were only 3 options and dealers only ordered them 2 ways: no options or all options. So, there were only two things to pick on the lot, either you got a manual or you got a fat pedal of shame with a sunroof and a spare tire. Almost no dealers ordered, say a sunroof with a manual, or any other combo. Only people who caught the order window got the combination they wanted, and (generally) paid MSRP for the privilege.

The same thing will happen here, whatever options you'd like to have will only be available with the slushbox in dealer inventory. Since most people don't order, they will forgo the manual because most aren't drivers, they're more interested in other features. This will lead to few being available at all on the resale market, and another nail in the coffin for privately owned automobile sales.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But, do they? Here's the thing, dealers are even less in touch with customers than manufacturers. I'll take my experience with my current vehicle. There were only 3 options and dealers only ordered them 2 ways: no options or all options. So, there were only two things to pick on the lot, either you got a manual or you got a fat pedal of shame with a sunroof and a spare tire. Almost no dealers ordered, say a sunroof with a manual, or any other combo. Only people who caught the order window got the combination they wanted, and (generally) paid MSRP for the privilege.

The same thing will happen here, whatever options you'd like to have will only be available with the slushbox in dealer inventory. Since most people don't order, they will forgo the manual because most aren't drivers, they're more interested in other features. This will lead to few being available at all on the resale market, and another nail in the coffin for privately owned automobile sales.
Maybe, but as long as the manual xmission isn't a piece of crap, I will be ordering it anyway. I am over 50 and this may be the last new vehicle I ever purchase. Plus I am a Ford stockholder, so I can get X-plan pricing, even if I order it.

So, at least I will be adding to the MT numbers, but you will not be able to purchase mine used.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Criteria was Transmission, and going topless, engine was more optional to me

As long as it fulfills my two primary objectives, I'm not disappointed at all

JRB45833

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Was a little bummed at the absence of the MT with the 2.7L as well, until I looked up the transmission specs. The Getrag MT is only only rated to 406ft-lbs. The 2.7L puts out a purported 400ft-lbs. That's a little too close for comfort in my book. Rather have to settle for an auto or drop to the 2.3L than have to deal with a transmission that grenades the first time I get in a tight spot and have to hammer on it.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33301752/2021-ford-bronco-manual-transmission-specs/

Also, given the MT82 issues in the Mustang I'd be inclined to wait a bit to see if they got this one for the Bronco properly sorted out.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ya'll know this isn't a Ford transmission right? yea ford should have sourced a HD truck trans because this is a halo vehicle! Or developed their own manual from scratch! sheesh....

Now imagine if they did the opposite, what if you could only have the manual with the TTV6? I bet the outcry would be twice as much! "Wheres my base model" "wheres my utilitarian option"

I get it, it would be cooler, we all want every option everywhere. But can we be a bit honest with ourselves here? Why do we need the 2.7 over the 2.3? well because power! We want to be able to accelerate quicker and clear mud better etc. Now why do we want the manual on the 2.7? so we can do any of those things a bit more slowly, and less impressively, say something more akin to a 2.3!
C'mon man, it took me months to come to grips with not having a V8 option. The 2.7 was a compromise to start with. This news is another brand new compromise on top of that.
Of any vehicle out there, the bronco is a "fun machine", a toy. For me, nothing could be more fun than rowing through my own gears with the rumble of a mean sounding V8. Nobody wants a manual because they think they can outshift today's fancy automatics. It's strictly for the fun factor. We don't need any speech about how "today's autos shift faster than any person....". Blah blah blah, we get it. That's not the point.
I'm sure the complaints will die down after a while, but for now some of us want to vent and get it out of our system because it IS really disappointing.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

C'mon man, it took me months to come to grips with not having a V8 option. The 2.7 was a compromise to start with. This news is another brand new compromise on top of that.
Of any vehicle out there, the bronco is a "fun machine", a toy. For me, nothing could be more fun than rowing through my own gears with the rumble of a mean sounding V8. Nobody wants a manual because they think they can outshift today's fancy automatics. It's strictly for the fun factor. We don't need any speech about how "today's autos shift faster than any person....". Blah blah blah, we get it. That's not the point.
I'm sure the complaints will die down after a while, but for now some of us want to vent and get it out of our system because it IS really disappointing.
Jeep didn't hold the V8 back because of cost, they held it back because of CAFE, Ford doesn't get any special treatment there either. Be thankful we can still get them in the big trucks. IF Ford or Jeep offered a V8 they would have 2 options, price the hell out of it or make it a limited edition. This is because they can only have x amount of the fleet getting certain emissions ratings. V8's have come a long way in this regard, and so have small boosted engines. If you guys don't like that, remember you don't have to JUST vote with your dollar, you can actually VOTE

captchathis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was a little bummed at the absence of the MT with the 2.7L as well, until I looked up the transmission specs. The Getrag MT is only only rated to 406ft-lbs. The 2.7L puts out a purported 400ft-lbs. That's a little too close for comfort in my book. Rather have to settle for an auto or drop to the 2.3L than have to deal with a transmission that grenades the first time I get in a tight spot and have to hammer on it.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33301752/2021-ford-bronco-manual-transmission-specs/

Also, given the MT82 issues in the Mustang I'd be inclined to wait a bit to see if they got this one for the Bronco properly sorted out.
You're right about the torque capacity being too close for comfort. Even with the high output version, one simple tune of the 2.7 and it's over the capacity. I was hoping they might pair it with the 2.7 in the later years, but this confirms that it will never happen. It would have to be another manual, that's made for trucks.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Miss her, it's a long story but she was a good girl, even if she was an automatic.

Time slips were from when she was stock, 19 was what happens when you turn off both traction's, smoke the tires and nearly crash into a wall xD

Let my sister drive her as you can see btw
Love the RTR style grill!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Even though I’m disappointed in no manual V6, the fact that there is a manual at all is something to put in the win column. I’m sure that there was a lot of infighting to get that approved.