JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember hearing a conspiracy theory a while back (I think on B6G?) that OEMs deliberately make manuals available with packages no one wants so they can further drive down manual take rates and thereby justify killing off manuals and simplifying their product lines.

Personally, I'm torn. As a 'Save the Manuals' type guy, I feel obligated to buy the manual, but that's going to be a tough pill to swallow if it requires getting a model or package I don't want.

FORD! IT'S NOT DIFFICULT: affordable, stylish, manual, lockers. It's truly baffling they could fumble the biggest launch in 30 years this badly. Know your buyers.
Certainly starting to think this is the case.

you can, quite literally, only get it with the small motor, and small tires except on the 43k base package (but you can’t opt for the upgraded off road stuff on that package) and you can’t get any ofthe good off road software with the stick.
Wth ford
Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Sasquatch is available with both the 2.3 and 2.7. Anything automatic will get you squatching. So you can get the Sasquatch package with the smaller engine.
who carse about the powertrain. the point is that you can't get it with a manual

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I made a Twitter account but can't find this post or twit or whatever. I want to respond but I'm confused. I don't know how to twit...
I am not on twitter, but here is the link:

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So buy a Badlands MT 2.3 and put 315's and 8.5" wheels on when the 285's wear out.

It has both lockers according the Ford page: https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-badlands/
Likely the route we'll have to go to get what it looks like a bunch of people want, but the value proposition definitely goes down. I HATE the ford beadlocks with a passion, worst looking wheel they could have chosen, but would have bought a black diamond/squatch and promptly re-shoed it. Wrangler tires on a ford is too much irony for me..

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I remember hearing a conspiracy theory a while back (I think on B6G?) that OEMs deliberately make manuals available with packages no one wants so they can further drive down manual take rates and thereby justify killing off manuals and simplifying their product lines.

Personally, I'm torn. As a 'Save the Manuals' type guy, I feel obligated to buy the manual, but that's going to be a tough pill to swallow if it requires getting a model or package I don't want.

FORD! IT'S NOT DIFFICULT: affordable, stylish, manual, lockers. It's truly baffling they could fumble the biggest launch in 30 years this badly. Know your buyers.
I am sympathetic to manufacturers, possibly even to a fault. I understand just how tough this is and how making everyone happy is basically impossible. But the problem with this was a lack of transparency. Absolutely nowhere did it say that you have to have an auto to get Sasquatch, they didn’t even hint at it until Mike did. That’s what’s so disappointing, because I feel there are many of us that will end up canceling because of this when we may have never even ordered in the first place. Or at least ford should have let us pick whether we wanted manual/auto and Sasquatch/no Sasquatch with our order so they could gauge interest.

lotdog69

First Edition
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had to also let it be known that I was disappointed initially also in the 2.7 not being available with the manual transmission. I just want the gears and lockers and 35's and manual. Nothing else. Heck, top optional..
I agree.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There's a bit of confusion regarding the lockers. Part of the page says it has them, another says optional, and the infographic says standard.
I saw that - hoping the "optional" bit is an artifact that wasn't edited out. It will certainly be a point of clarification before actually ordering.

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oof, I feel for the people that the manual. If Ford is truly open to feedback give'em an earful.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen a lot of people post that they wanted a Sasquatch Package vehicle with a manual transmission. However, it appears that it is an automatic only package. I hadn't read this before, so I am just passing it on, equally as disappointed as others.

Capture.PNG
Ford, I've defended you a lot from the inside... but not this day. What the hell

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am sympathetic to manufacturers, possibly even to a fault. I understand just how tough this is and how making everyone happy is basically impossible. But the problem with this was a lack of transparency. Absolutely nowhere did it say that you have to have an auto to get Sasquatch, they didn’t even hint at it until Mike did. That’s what’s so disappointing, because I feel there are many of us that will end up canceling because of this when we may have never even ordered in the first place. Or at least ford should have let us pick whether we wanted manual/auto and Sasquatch/no Sasquatch with our order so they could gauge interest.
Just to piggy back--not a single piece of information they have released, including anything on any website, graphic, etc.--would indicate the auto-only restriction. Not a single bit.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw that - hoping the "optional" bit is an artifact that wasn't edited out. It will certainly be a point of clarification before actually ordering.
Levine said on Twitter that the lockers are standard and the website is being updated.

OP
OP
atonge40

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That isn't the point of this thread. The point is you can't get it with a manual.
Yes. I am the OP. There was also confusion around if the Sasquatch Package was available with the 2.3T. Ford confirmed it recently.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im not fighting against it, just putting it into context.

Im just talking about the overall desirability of manual.

I dont think the mix of inventory is that far disconnected from actual sales mix.
I think the context is fair from a dealer-perspective. But we're literally talking about folks ordering and building a specific model for them. I think that's different and in that context and from that customer-focused perspective, this makes almost zero sense.
Sponsored