Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why do some people take any non-puffery auto reviews as some sort of personal attack? You never see that with printer reviews.
Sponsored

Bronco615

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Sonic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly, anyone who things Land Rovers/Range Rovers aren’t very competent off road vehicles is totally kidding themselves. No they might not crawl like a Rubicon but they can do a damn lot more than their traditional completion. Not reliable by any stretch but they’ll go places a Q7 would be stranded well before.
I personally think the new Defender is better then the bronco, wrangler, or any other off-road vehicle. I also heard they are a lot more reliable then the older models but you are right I wish they were a bit cheaper.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The wireless charger was not fast but I also have a fairly thick case on my phone. YMMV, the USB-C charged my phone pretty fast though.
As long as it can keep up with the power used while streaming music/maps/etc, I'm good. There's nothing worse than plugging into an old 1A charger and merely having the battery drop slower than it would have.

Sponsored

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No such thing happened. Ford did not require their approval for the review content, words or opinions.

And press embargoes are par for the course when it comes to first reviews for a newly launched vehicle (not just by Ford).
Yep, this happens across many industries. Its part of the agreement in many cases. For example, video game reviewers might get a game for review, but a review release embargo is part of the agreement.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I personally think the new Defender is better then the bronco, wrangler, or any other off-road vehicle. I also heard they are a lot more reliable then the older models but you are right I wish they were a bit cheaper.
Um, yeah, about that...

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Reviews Embargo Has Lifted! [Compilation Thread] 🚨 land rover

I think the new Land Rovers look cool as hell, and yes, they get great reviews for their off road capability, but they always score super low in reliability.

That said, the new Bronco has a predicted reliability score of 2, so we may not be getting much better.

Tory Brecht

Wildtrak
First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Um, yeah, about that...

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Reviews Embargo Has Lifted! [Compilation Thread] 🚨 land rover

I think the new Land Rovers look cool as hell, and yes, they get great reviews for their off road capability, but they always score super low in reliability.

That said, the new Bronco has a predicted reliability score of 2, so we may not be getting much better.
That's twice as good! ;)

Sponsored

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Exactly, anyone who things Land Rovers/Range Rovers aren’t very competent off road vehicles is totally kidding themselves. No they might not crawl like a Rubicon but they can do a damn lot more than their traditional completion. Not reliable by any stretch but they’ll go places a Q7 would be stranded well before.
The one thing really going against the Defender and other Rovers...they cannot be flat towed. Not sure the numbers matter but a huge percentage of RV's are towing Wranglers and I bet there will be a large number with Broncos behind RV's in the coming years.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do some people take any non-puffery auto reviews as some sort of personal attack? You never see that with printer reviews.
It's always been this way. Gearheads are very tribal about their cars, they are an extension of your personality, and therefore attacks are taken personally.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This exact same behavior happens on the wireless charging pad in my bmw. Not good, but at least its not limited to the Bronco. Maybe it can be fixed in a software update.
My SE 2020 gets dumb hot on a wireless charger at home, so I doubt its a charger issue. I think its a phone issue.

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This exact same behavior happens on the wireless charging pad in my bmw. Not good, but at least its not limited to the Bronco. Maybe it can be fixed in a software update.
Get this in my wife's Highlander as well.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I enjoyed the Road and Track review- well written