First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. The same way the A/C doesn't stop it unless it is on Max. I was referring to the current draw from the 12v outlet.
Got ya, I can make that happen also. Thanks for the info
Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Those that think that there are no stupid questions should really read through the Facebook pages. It's cancerous.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dumb Question (because it’s been answered before, but I can’t find it using the search bar):

How much extra weight does the Sasquatch Package add to a trim? I know it differs based on which trim. But let’s say how much would it add to a Base Bronco? And how much would it add to a Badlands?
I think this is a good question and not clearly defined. So is it true that the sasquatch package has zero armor? Seems odd too add lockers and 35s but no armor. I'm really curious how much ford armor weighs on the BD and badlands and what quality/thickness it is. Is it better to get a BD squatch with armor or a base squatch and buy aftermarket armor for the cheapest off the shelf ready to go off-roader?

My other "dumb" question, is around the sway bar disco on an IFS vehicle. All the videos I've seen it used are on terrain that the bronco could easily handle without, many barely require 4WD. I need to see some real world performance and some Wrangler extreme terrain comparisons to see if it's worth the badlands money. If it was such a useful feature it seems like Ford would want to show it off and add it to the squatch package.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool idea for a thread...

Is the carpet on the MGV at least kinda waterproof, i.e., like an outdoor carpet? Or does it absorb and hold water? If you remove it, will it leave an open area that needs to be professionally upholstered?

Can someone confirm that the base or mid-package comes with a 12v DC socket (previously called cigarette lighter socket)?

Edit:
Before anyone asks any further questions, please review the new sticky thread.
The Mother-of-All Bronco FAQ's Thread
Great suggestion. I've read that post many times but there's so much there.

12v dc outlets on the center floor console and the passenger side cargo area.

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think this is a good question and not clearly defined. So is it true that the sasquatch package has zero armor? Seems odd too add lockers and 35s but no armor. I'm really curious how much ford armor weighs on the BD and badlands and what quality/thickness it is. Is it better to get a BD squatch with armor or a base squatch and buy aftermarket armor for the cheapest off the shelf ready to go off-roader?

My other "dumb" question, is around the sway bar disco on an IFS vehicle. All the videos I've seen it used are on terrain that the bronco could easily handle without, many barely require 4WD. I need to see some real world performance and some Wrangler extreme terrain comparisons to see if it's worth the badlands money. If it was such a useful feature it seems like Ford would want to show it off and add it to the squatch package.
after driving a badlands in the off rodeo in Texas and what we did with just being in for low with the disco disengaged it makes a big difference.

As the instructor said it's all about using the available traction and we actually did climb rocks and hills and just having it disconnected made a big difference

It's also in talking to the instructors there who have come from professional offroading or off roading all their life all said 1st thing they do is hit the disco button as soon as they hit the trail

But of course YMMV....

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm not a gun owner but that looks sweet. Probably can't even own one in NJ.
Hell in nj its probably illegal just to own a picture of it......

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I thought this would be a good time to start a thread about things you’re curious about, but don’t quite warrant a new thread.

I personally was wondering about taking the doors in and off. I know that there’a two bolts you have to to remove before you can take the doors off.

How stable are they if I just never put the bolts back in?
Clearly no one has had a wrangler on here.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hell in nj its probably illegal just to own a picture of it......
LOL! So true. I've spent most of the last year in Alaska, Missouri, and [the last six months in] Texas. Couldn't be more clear how backward the Northeast is on responsible gun ownership. There's been an upsurge in gun purchases and many of my friends have had to seek local 'references' just to get permission to purchase a small pistol. Meanwhile, a few miles away, my buddies in PA have arsenals that could entertain for days.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clearly no one has had a wrangler on here.
A couple of early posts infer that Jeep owners remove their bolts in the spring and install them in the fall. Nice! We'll need a third-party kit to afford that benefit, or we'll be rebolting our doors between rides.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
after driving a badlands in the off rodeo in Texas and what we did with just being in for low with the disco disengaged it makes a big difference.

As the instructor said it's all about using the available traction and we actually did climb rocks and hills and just having it disconnected made a big difference

It's also in talking to the instructors there who have come from professional offroading or off roading all their life all said 1st thing they do is hit the disco button as soon as they hit the trail

But of course YMMV....
The videos I've seen were pretty mild trails and it would have done fine without a disco. No doubt it adds a little comfort and is a nice to have feature but I'm looking for performance for the badlands price. Will a badlands go where a base squatch can't? For a jeep Rubicon compared to a sport the answer is yes. For a bronco it's TBD, in my mind.

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The videos I've seen were pretty mild trails and it would have done fine without a disco. No doubt it adds a little comfort and is a nice to have feature but I'm looking for performance for the badlands price. Will a badlands go where a base squatch can't? For a jeep Rubicon compared to a sport the answer is yes. For a bronco it's TBD, in my mind.
Lol
You asked a question, i answered and you dont believe the answer,
Funny!!
Sponsored