Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

One of my favorite lines to hear!
I misspent a large portion of my youth at a friend's Father's body shop.
About 75% of the time
I can find it pretty quickly ..... my buddy though, gottdamn eagle eyes, starts analyzing the process they used even though it's under primer and paint etc etc.

Unfortunately, once you see it, you can't unsee it.... so many poorly repaired cars out there, looking like Harlequin Bears.
1625765193594.png
I like this one better :)

%2F0f%2F37%2F49%2F0f3749e84072a0401413c3854f257af5.jpg
Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cue the fanboy ”you received a special edition, custom painted Bronco, so stop complaining” response. I would not be good with that.
Or "It's supposed to be covered in mud, so you won't see that if you're using it right." i would not be good with that either.

Lashedup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also: this is the standard reality of mass-manufactured cars (did you think your Bronco was going to be custom coachwork?) which go through painting booths. None of this is a concern. The metal underneath has been treated before fully primed.

This is as much of an "issue" as rust on brake rotors after just a few miles of use. Complete non-issue.
It’s not the “standard reality” for all manufacturers. I’ve worked for four different manufacturers (and consulted with more) my whole life, and some do it far better than others on cars that cost half as much.

I’ve noticed in the past year with both the Bronco and new Corvette that are attracting buyers back to American brands that people are discovering that the American companies don’t always sweat the details the same level as other manufacturers. Some of the paint issues on the new Corvette are inexcusable on a $30k vehicle let alone an $80k halo sports car.

But if you really want one, this is what you put up with. Making apologies for it though won’t pressure the manufacturer to correct it. Fill out those JD Power surveys and answer the emails about your purchase experience. Corporate sees that stuff and it does put pressure on them to do better.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
false....

What your saying is "it's a Ford! We should expect shitty work!"

I won't and no one else should either. Paint the damn thing.

Ford Bronco Missing paint in the door jam %2F0f%2F37%2F49%2F0f3749e84072a0401413c3854f257af5
Their construction and assembly is completely different between Jeep and Ford.

Ford Bronco Missing paint in the door jam IMG_0925_0[1]

Ford Bronco Missing paint in the door jam 3d179c7f-0778-4ff2-b656-7122ca4ab403.medium[1]

Their painting is not.

I think what you're trying to argue is that Jeep, in it's infinite wisdom and nearly a hundred years of experience, does a full frame-off complete bespoked paint job of each panel and frame individually.

Yes? Ford does shitty painting of the body as a partially assembled unit. Jeep does bespoked painting and protection.

This would, as you're attesting, make Jeeps completely rust-proof. Right, that's where you're going with this?

Just want to know if the argument of yours i've presented above sounds as stupid to you when you read it as it does to me.

Perhaps you're boiling down your argument to: "Jeep builds their body panels differently and uses nylon for door straps and nylon to protect the door wiring, everything must be external as they provide an un-reachable location to rust through from the inside out, where as Ford has easily replaceable panels in a completely different methodology and with different methodologies for metal preservation, however, I want the best of all worlds and the damn thing better be in my price range or i'll be pissed!"?

And this just happens to be the ant hill you've laid your cross upon.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds familiar. Honestly, with a doors off vehicle I don’t see how they can say that’s acceptable but I’m sure they will.
It's probably an afterthought, honestly. I would venture a bet that anything going to SEMA or other big shows is not going to have thin paint. Is it the end of the world on a production vehicle? No. Is it an issue on a vehicle meant to have the doors off? No. Is it something they should correct if a matter of changing some spray programming? YES.

No one give a hoot about the stuff you can't see which is why things like this that are visually unpleasant, should be. Our body guys and painters are picky a f so this is something none of them would accept as, factory level quality.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's probably an afterthought, honestly. I would venture a bet that anything going to SEMA or other big shows is not going to have thin paint. Is it the end of the world on a production vehicle? No. Is it an issue on a vehicle meant to have the doors off? No. Is it something they should correct if a matter of changing some spray programming? YES.

No one give a hoot about the stuff you can't see which is why things like this that are visually unpleasant, should be. Our body guys and painters are picky a f so this is something none of them would accept as, factory level quality.
When vehicles come down the line that are going to be at auto shows we are told about it. They pull them and do extra inspections.

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone else had issues where the door jam is missing paint?
The drivers and passengers front fender area is not painted.
Tesla says it's normal.

Ford Bronco Missing paint in the door jam 3d179c7f-0778-4ff2-b656-7122ca4ab403.medium[1]

@xcxv Is this your Bronco? When was it built?

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When vehicles come down the line that are going to be at auto shows we are told about it. They pull them and do extra inspections.
I assumed they sent them out to a third party to do most of the show work. DST did a couple mustangs for the EAA that a local guy bought at auction. Just thought that was the standard practice.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I assumed they sent them out to a third party to do most of the show work. DST did a couple mustangs for the EAA that a local guy bought at auction. Just thought that was the standard practice.
Where are they go once they leave the factory I’m not sure. I just know we’re told about show cars and extra checks are done.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh! This looks like the first quality issue. The equivalent of the rusty F-150s. This isn’t good.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone else had issues where the door jam is missing paint?
The drivers and passengers front fender area is not painted.
Tesla says it's normal.

Tweet this to Levine and tag Ford
Sponsored